2015 ram 5500 diesel Crankcase pressure high code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbuilder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I posted this issue in another section but maybe it belongs here. I have a CEL in my ram diesel. I believe it was a p051D . Crankcase pressure circuit high. I took it to our garage and the mechanic said it was the sensor. But the dealer wont sell him a replacement sensor. He was told it can only be purchased and installed by the dealer. Has anyone had this before? I do not have any confidence in the local dealer and would rather just install myself. Can anyone tell me where to purchase one?

The truck has an easy 41 000 kms.

All comments are really appreciated.

Also I was wondering if the CEL will go out on its own?

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
OP
OP
B

bigbuilder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, Thank you very much for the reply.

I will look to see if I can find a Canadian vendor for that. I have a code reader but it wont clear that code. Our mechanics are not able to with their much more sophisticated scanner either. They called it a hard code. I feel like the dealer is just trying to get us in their so we are at their mercy. I am going to try just a quick change of the sensor and see what happens