2015 Ram Bad NOX Sensor Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
2015 Ram Ecodiesel - Got codes U029E and P220B - I Cleared codes but kept coming back. Eventually got Death Count message. Have AEM warranty so took to dealer.
They put in a new NOX sensor, code didnt clear. Started talking about bad wire not covered under warranty. Then they said PCM was bad. New PCM, code came back. I started asking detailed questions. They said they noted a grounded wire at the PCM, and that's why they needed to replace the PCM. In my experience you fix the short first. They said that the short could be in any number of modules not just in the harness. So dealer opened a STAR ticket with FCA. We are at truck down for ten days now. After FCA says can't be a module they are now telling me I have to pay for a harness removal and repair, minimum of 2.5 hours ($375). Two full weeks at the dealer now. I am concerned that them breaking into a harness to repair causes further issues. Anyone else had a stubborn NOX code in their DEF system?