2016 2500 wiper washer not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam mccorison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey guys. So randomly my washer sprayer isn’t working. The pump isn’t coming on. I did the quick thing and threw a new one in. Have read it’s common. Still doesn’t work. I’m hearing a click every time I hit the button from under the dash driver side but can’t pinpoint exactly where it’s coming from. Sounds like a relay. What bothers me is I cant find a fuse for it. I know I’m not getting power. Before I start tracing the wiring just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas . Has never been in a accident.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There is no fuse for the pump, It's powered through the BCM directly to the pump (no relay).

Are the wipers moving when you try and spray? Those are on a fuse (that feeds a relay) so that be what you hear clicking?

OP
OP
S

sam mccorison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yes wipers work. I dunno. There looks to be some kind of module to the left of the steering column and I feel that’s where the click is coming from. Could also be coming up from the cluster It clicks once every time I hit the button.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The BCM is under the dash to the left of the steering column. That is were it is being powered from. Probably a relay internal to the BCM. It's a seal unit so can only assume

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here is a diagram for a 2018. Should be the same...

wiper.png

OP
OP
S

sam mccorison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks for the diagram!!! This will be very helpful. Gonna go pin it out and see where I’m loosing the power. My guess is the bcm. Also gonna hook up my scan tool later and see if I’m getting any codes from it.