2016 3.6L misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pc_is_better

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hey guys, new here. I’ve got a misfire on my truck on cylinder 4. Codes P0304, P0204, and P219B are present. I replaced all 6 spark plugs/plug boots (at the time only the P0304 was present). The misfire persisted so I replaced the injector on cylinder 4 due to the open circuit code for the injector popping up a few days later. It’s only got 86,000 miles on it. Any idea what could cause this?

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does the open circuit code still persist for #4?

Maybe crank it over and check for a pulse at the plug connector for injector #4.

I'm also wondering if the PCM cuts power to that injector due to misfire just on that cylinder.

Any ticking, tapping or anything weird leading up to this condition? I've not heard of any misfire issues with pentastars. Only the occasional rocker arm or lifter problem or leaky oil filter housing.

OP
OP
pc_is_better

pc_is_better

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Yes the open circuit code is still present. It started out of nowhere. Bought it in April and had no problems until this month. Not sure if it’s the gas I get or the pcm going bad or what. My brother plugged his scanner into the truck and turned off the injector for a few seconds and the idle smoothed out. But as soon as he turned it back on it was missing again. Every time I crank it over it gives me the low fuel warning for a second but I’ve got half a tank in it. Idk what’s going on with it.

OP
OP
pc_is_better

pc_is_better

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
So weird thing... after driving the truck around for a while that misfire I had just went away... and so did the check engine light.. not sure if the computer has corrected what was going on or if there’s an underlying issue there