2016 can’t do Donuts!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
even with traction button off the damn thing won’t let me do a donut. The traction light above the burnout one blinks and the brakes start stopping me. So pissed caused it almost made me crash cause I wasn’t expecting it to prevent me

Nate4x4

The Vehicle Reader
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4x4

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
even with traction button off the damn thing won’t let me do a donut. The traction light above the burnout one blinks and the brakes start stopping me. So pissed caused it almost made me crash cause I wasn’t expecting it to prevent me

Lol so your pissed cause it wouldn’t let you do a donut and you almost crashed? Hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
find some dirt

ramdriver2018

Trusted internet source
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think snow would be a better idea...

Not even. Snow is the worst because on every turn the damn truck cuts power the second it senses you attempting to drift your way down the street.
If I want to slide around on the edge of control and cut the grass along the road with my back bumper, that should be my own business. Not the car company’s .

nick heilman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pull the ABS fuse under the hood. Your abs light and TC light will be on but it will work. Then its awesome lol

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta pay to play.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Some people have put a bypass switch in to act the same as pulling the fuse.
I have been tempted several times to do so.
Especially when even after holding the button for 5 seconds before I start up my driveway and all of a sudden this overly so called smart truck puts the brakes on and cuts power and the truck sits in the driveway and won't even ----- move.
And that's with the limited slip rear differential and studded snow tires, then it gets embarrassing when my wifes Equinox can drive right up past me.
Or my old 2000 K2500 has to back down past me and plow a path for this fancy RAM.

ramdriver2018

Trusted internet source
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some people have put a bypass switch in to act the same as pulling the fuse.
I have been tempted several times to do so.
Especially when even after holding the button for 5 seconds before I start up my driveway and all of a sudden this overly so called smart truck puts the brakes on and cuts power and the truck sits in the driveway and won't even ----- move.
And that's with the limited slip rear differential and studded snow tires, then it gets embarrassing when my wifes Equinox can drive right up past me.
Or my old 2000 K2500 has to back down past me and plow a path for this fancy RAM.

I’ve had a relay tucked in the glove box all summer waiting to install a bypass switch. I didn’t think I would need it.
Thought it would be more of a want on a bored Sunday in January in an empty parking lot.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
never have an issue doing donuts or lighting em up. One of the 1st things I do after I start the truck is turn traction control off.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I turned TC off last winter and spun in the cul-de-sac in front of my house. No issues, and the rubber is still there to prove it

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think snow would be a better idea...

NOPE! The yaw control works so well that even on sheets of glare ice, about all I can get the truck to come around is about 20 degrees off center.
This ****** me off to no end too, and yes, when one expects the truck to come around in a controlled fashion (for those of us who actually know how to drive!) and it doesn't, it CAN very easily cause an accident. It almost happened to me that way as well...
Let alone, the option of bringing the back of the vehicle around to actually AVOID an accident is no longer there either...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado