2017 2wd options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm planning to get some new wheels and tires, and my end up raising the truck a little to accommodate them. What I'm currently looking at is 20 x 9 wheels with either 0 or +12 offset and 33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Ideally, I'd want to leave it at the stock height if they'll fit (saw a picture of that set-up on a stock 2wd and they said they had no issues with rubbing anywhere), but if not, I'll probably raise it up a little bit.

What I'm looking at is a MaxTrac 2.5" coils with shocks
https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2018-...ont-lift-coils-w-front-shocks-maxtrac-872171/

and 1.5" rear spacers
https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2018-dodge-ram-1500-2wd-1-5-rear-coil-spacers-pair-maxtrac-1628/

Is there anything else I would need to get for the front or the rear, or would that be it? I dont want to go with the 4" lift they have, as I do park in parking garages quite a bit and would like to still be able to fit. This should ensure I have the clearance for the tires, and the rear spacers will ensure my truck doesnt sit nose high (I hate that look).

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm planning to get some new wheels and tires, and my end up raising the truck a little to accommodate them. What I'm currently looking at is 20 x 9 wheels with either 0 or +12 offset and 33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Ideally, I'd want to leave it at the stock height if they'll fit (saw a picture of that set-up on a stock 2wd and they said they had no issues with rubbing anywhere), but if not, I'll probably raise it up a little bit.

https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2018-...ont-lift-coils-w-front-shocks-maxtrac-872171/

and 1.5" rear spacers
https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2018-dodge-ram-1500-2wd-1-5-rear-coil-spacers-pair-maxtrac-1628/

Is there anything else I would need to get for the front or the rear, or would that be it? I dont want to go with the 4" lift they have, as I do park in parking garages quite a bit and would like to still be able to fit. This should ensure I have the clearance for the tires, and the rear spacers will ensure my truck doesnt sit nose high (I hate that look).

I currently have the Maxtrac 2.5" coils and shocks on my '18 sport. You will still sit lower in the front even with this kit, so I'd not worry about the rear spacer. Also, my truck is having issues with the truck now pulling sometimes left and sometime right. My shop has done the alignment twice and confirmed it's all in spec. They believe the leveling kit is somehow causing some components to be at bad angles and possibly causing the pull. Anyways, i'm looking at removing the kit and going to a spindle lift instead. There are 3" lift spindles on Ebay, but I don't know much about those specifically. Take this info for what it's worth.

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the response.

Anyone else?

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well aware of that, thanks.

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m on maxtrac 2.5” springs up front. I second that you don’t need the rear spacer. I have about a 1/2” rake still. I fit in garages 6’8” and above. Tired a 6’6” and had to back out because my antenna was hitting well above the safety bar.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m on maxtrac 2.5” springs up front. I second that you don’t need the rear spacer. I have about a 1/2” rake still. I fit in garages 6’8” and above. Tired a 6’6” and had to back out because my antenna was hitting well above the safety bar.
Are you having any issues with your truck pulling left or right? I'm running the maxtrax 2.5" springs in my '18 and my truck keeps wanting to pull left or right. The alignment has been checked twice and it's all in spec. I'm debating on pulling the level kit off and see if that makes a difference.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

and 1.5" rear spacers

MaxTrac web site sucks ASS !!!
I wouldn't buy from them just because...
I'll stick with Rough Country,Billstein and Fox brands.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500 4x4 CC U.S.M.C.(ret) CPL

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MaxTrac web site sucks ASS !!!
I wouldn't buy from them just because...
I'll stick with Rough Country,Billstein and Fox brands.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500 4x4 CC U.S.M.C.(ret) CPL
Being that my truck is 2wd, there's not a lot of options. I was able to find what I needed on their website, so not sure how it "sucks ass".

Thanks for the contribution though.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Agreed, the website told me all I needed, and I loved the kit...still going strong.

jlis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you having any issues with your truck pulling left or right? I'm running the maxtrax 2.5" springs in my '18 and my truck keeps wanting to pull left or right. The alignment has been checked twice and it's all in spec. I'm debating on pulling the level kit off and see if that makes a difference.

No issues here. Been running them since November 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MajMike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you plan to use your truck off road at all I hope you have the 'anti-spin' diff, or else you need to install a locker in the rear. With a locker (or the LSD) and good all-terrain tires (and careful lines through obstacles) a 2wd will go most places a 4wd will go.

OP
OP
B

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you plan to use your truck off road at all I hope you have the 'anti-spin' diff, or else you need to install a locker in the rear. With a locker (or the LSD) and good all-terrain tires (and careful lines through obstacles) a 2wd will go most places a 4wd will go.
I do have the 3.92 gears and LSD.

I really dont do much offroading. I go the the beach occasionally, and I go camping a few times a year. Most of my camping does not have me driving off road though, so far we have stayed at state parks and private camp grounds, all of which had paved or rock roads. The only problem I had off road was on the beach, and only right at the entrance. The sand was so soft and deep you could hardly walk in it, let alone drive in it. I watched probably 15-20 vehicles get pulled out over a few hours we sat there after I pushed my truck out (with the help of some bystanders).

If I ever got to a point that I thought I was going to be doing a lot of offroading, I would most likely get rid of my 2wd and get a 4wd. I just dont see the need for that at this point.