2018 Power Wagon on Toyo MT 35x12.5 w/AEV wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesWyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Just got these put on yesterday. Really happy with how they ride – balanced up perfectly with no vibes at all. A definite "MT singing" at highway speeds, but not anything I can't live with. So glad to get rid of the 315/70 KO2s –– I'm not sure BFG knows how to consistently make tires that are not out of round.

I'll be adding a Wilco hitch mount spare tire carrier and a full size spare in the next few weeks. The factory spare will have to do for now. The Toyo MT 35x12.5 was just too big to work in the spare tire location, even with most of the air let out. I got it all the way up in there, but it was pushing against/touching both the hitch and the sway bar.

_DSF4594.jpg _DSF4592.jpg _DSF4598.jpg _DSF4600.jpg _DSF4599.jpg

OP
OP
JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Nice choice! Same set up on mine! 3794d751b9ecd3bf30003b9ac7bb53a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great color! I gotta get some front mud flaps ASAP. This thing throws a lotta mud on the front door without them!

OP
OP
JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Im so jealous and full of PW envy!

Let me tell you, I’ve wanted one since I was in 3rd grade and rode with family and large group in several 1970s Power Wagons into the El Cielo Biosphere rain forest of Mexico. I’m nearly 50, and here I am with one finally. Long time coming.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Great color! I gotta get some front mud flaps ASAP. This thing throws a lotta mud on the front door without them!
Yeah, the front flaps really made a difference! I think AEV also sells them, was thinking of purchasing those since my PW is basically gonna be a Frankenstein Prospector.

Also, I'm in AZ. What part are you in?

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Let me tell you, I’ve wanted one since I was in 3rd grade and rode with family and large group in several 1970s Power Wagons into the El Cielo Biosphere rain forest of Mexico. I’m nearly 50, and here I am with one finally. Long time coming.
I grew up in a PW. My mom had a 1976 Dodge 150 Adventurer, which was the PW back then. It was the first vehicle I ever drove at the age of 6 sitting on my mom's lap. The PW is my all time grail vehicle. She still has hers, but it needs a **** ton of work to restore. Eventually it'll happen and that truck will be in my family till I die.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I grew up in a PW. My mom had a 1976 Dodge 150 Adventurer, which was the PW back then. It was the first vehicle I ever drove at the age of 6 sitting on my mom's lap. The PW is my all time grail vehicle. She still has hers, but it needs a **** ton of work to restore. Eventually it'll happen and that truck will be in my family till I die.

Now that explains "Truck Farming" around my area. The amount of their trucks slowly grow ever larger over countless generations. They all kept their old worn out trucks due to they would eventually restore them, but never did.

Personally, I like JamesWyatt"s 2018 over any mid 1970 era Dodge truck. Nostalgia is wonderful though. I worked at a Dodge dealership in 1975 and those Dodge 150's lacked horsepower. Today's Dodge trucks are far superior.
e02ec5e41f6a962095db0bc6142084b8.jpg

Last edited:

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Now that explains "Truck Farming" around my area. The amount of their trucks slowly grow ever larger over countless generations. They all kept their old worn out trucks due to they would eventually restore them, but never did.

Personally, I like JamesWyatt"s 2018 over any mid 1970 era Dodge truck. Nostalgia is wonderful though. I worked at a Dodge dealership in 1975 and those Dodge 150's lacked horsepower. Today's Dodge trucks are far superior.
View attachment 134255

I've put work into the truck when I could, but at the time it wasn't much being a kid in high school with a part time job and a vehicle of my own.

A lot of places like what are pictured have more to do with it was cheaper at one point to buy a new vehicle than fix the old one.

As for power, it's a matter of perspective... My mom's PW doesn't have the original motor in it. It came with a 318 and my dad eventually put either a 383 or 400 in it with headers, intake manifold, Holley carb and some other work. Does it match up to the specs of PW today? No, but back then it had good power.

But because of that truck, I fell in love with the PW which is why I have the blue one pictured in this thread.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I've put work into the truck when I could, but at the time it wasn't much being a kid in high school with a part time job and a vehicle of my own.

A lot of places like what are pictured have more to do with it was cheaper at one point to buy a new vehicle than fix the old one.

As for power, it's a matter of perspective... My mom's PW doesn't have the original motor in it. It came with a 318 and my dad eventually put either a 383 or 400 in it with headers, intake manifold, Holley carb and some other work. Does it match up to the specs of PW today? No, but back then it had good power.

But because of that truck, I fell in love with the PW which is why I have the blue one pictured in this thread.

If you put your heart into your 1976 PW it is priceless. I loved driving the 1975 and 1976 Power Wagons back at the Dodge dealership. Speed limit was 55 MPH tops, anywhere in the USA and so the lack of horsepower really didn't matter much. Making $2.10 per hour in 1975 there was no way that I could have bought a new Power Wagon. I had to work another 40 years in order to do so.

From the 1970's I still have my 1978 Chevrolet LUV and use it nearly daily on my acreage. Purchased by my Dad and me nearly 40 years ago. I still use my Dad's 1978 boat with a Chevrolet 305 to this day and a 1975 portable electric generator. I too love my old 1970's machines, more so than my 2016 Power Wagon. I regret not taking my brother's 1974 Land Cruiser FJ40 when he passed away, but my Mom didn't want to see it ever again.

Last edited:

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been searching for a wheel & tire package exactly like this. I love those wheels. Unfortunately for me, they don’t make them for the 1500. Damn it... Your Power Wagon looks AWESOME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’ve been searching for a wheel & tire package exactly like this. I love those wheels. Unfortunately for me, they don’t make them for the 1500. Damn it... Your Power Wagon looks AWESOME.

AEV makes some awesome wheels for the 1500. Check them out

OP
OP
JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

Thanks! Do the 1500 and 2500 have different bolt patterns or wheel fitment? I thought the HD Salta was just capable of running the heavier trucks but would work with either. I’m not for sure though — just a guess.

OP
OP
JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Yeah, the front flaps really made a difference! I think AEV also sells them, was thinking of purchasing those since my PW is basically gonna be a Frankenstein Prospector.

Also, I'm in AZ. What part are you in?

I’m in New Mexico, in Placitas north of ABQ.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963