2020 Power Wagon 35" Toyo MT on Salta AEV Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah man that’s tight, I’m wheeling 37’s on my 12PW and I got the spare in the bed as it was my cheapest and first option. I am working on something mounted to rear bumper with an aluminum wheel spacer as a mounting point, when I get it figured out I’ll post.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Yeah man that’s tight, I’m wheeling 37’s on my 12PW and I got the spare in the bed as it was my cheapest and first option. I am working on something mounted to rear bumper with an aluminum wheel spacer as a mounting point, when I get it figured out I’ll post.

Try a search on this site for Rigd Ultraswing mega fit spare tire carrier....
It`s a receiver mounted spare tire carrier (holds up to a 40in tire and has a built in 2in receiver rated up to 10k towing) not cheap but it`s a great solution, plus it holds accessories as well!
Had mine for about 8 months now and it`s still rock solid/wobble free...

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try a search on this site for Rigd Ultraswing mega fit spare tire carrier....
It`s a receiver mounted spare tire carrier (holds up to a 40in tire and has a built in 2in receiver rated up to 10k towing) not cheap but it`s a great solution, plus it holds accessories as well!
Had mine for about 8 months now and it`s still rock solid/wobble free...

Thanks for the link, might just consider that.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Would love to ride on a 35", but I'll stick with my fully inflated spares of 315 70R17 or 285 75R17 sized tires which are much easier to get a spare mounted underneath.

Last edited:

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate it when the internet is right. A little rubber mallet banging and sure enough it fit even higher, cleared the frame rail and got further from the panhard bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Prod47fddc59b9f59441a44306b1a5767d2.jpg
not sure if you are still here or not as this is an old thread. any issues with the rubbing the panhard/trackbar when off roading? how much clearance did you end up with? thanks.

OP
OP
H

HeliNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Nope all good. It’s still in the same position despite lots of off roading. Hasn’t touched the pan hard bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope all good. It’s still in the same position despite lots of off roading. Hasn’t touched the pan hard bar.

how about exhaust clearance? looks like it is pressed against the exhaust.

OP
OP
H

HeliNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
It’s not...It’s against the heat shield.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Question for those who run the spare in the stock location: What will you do if you bury one or both of the rear tires?
You thought getting that spare in/out was a *****, wait till you have to do it with part of the rear buried, or on the side of the freeway...