2018 Ram 2500 8.4 Uconnect Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes with a folding consol
Try opening and closing the seat back repeatedly (with the truck running and see if it triggers a reboot or any other unexpected behavior (like switching inputs).
I put the jumper seat up and down a few times and the radio hasn't acted up since then. Hope this was the problem with it as my warranty is up soon.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I put the jumper seat up and down a few times and the radio hasn't acted up since then. Hope this was the problem with it as my warranty is up soon.
Also fiddle with the plugs under the driver seat. Try to get it to fail in a repeatable manner if your warranty is up soon...

MNRAM2500HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So I’m having the same issue in my 2018 Challenger Hellcat. I’m just (3 months) out of warranty Too. Contacted UConnect who walked me through accessing engineering menus and verified the data communication was out. They said this is a known issue and they would cover the cost of diagnostics and radio unit replacement If I went through an FCA dealer.

Made an appt to have my local dealer verify what the UConnect rep said was wrong. Well they applied some update which bricked my radio unit. Told me they order a new radio (well reman) with an eta of 2 to 4 weeks. Really sucks because my radio is completely dead and I have no access to my performance settings.

Long story short this really peeved me so I started doing some research and the aircard went bad likely from a previous OTA update and that’s why UConnect is offering to cover the costs. Anyway I found a company called Infotainment and they specialize in OEM radio repairs. After a brief convo with them I paid the $649 repair and sent radio off. Will keep you posted.

Guy lIPSKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
Just going to mention my 2021 has all kinds of Uconnect problems one after another took it to the garage a week ago and they said after leaving it there all day sorry we dont have a fix for that yet , so several times i lose my rear camera and rear sensors , pulled the f53 fuse wait 3 minutes and that fixes it for now