2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys. Is any 4 digit code needed to access the bcm from the alfaobd?

I just watch this video

Last edited:

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those interested in doing a full mirror swap, I received my mirrors today. As in one of my previous posts, I show a pic of the 3 pigtails and a camera feed. Turns out one of three plugs, the green one, will not be used in our trucks as of now. It mainly is for the spot light feed and park lamp. It seems it should be an easy enough re pin. The only minor issue is the verbiage of each pin appears to be different from 2018 and 2019. I should be able to report tomorrow as I will have more time then. Glad to see all the progress the rest of you had made as well.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those interested in doing a full mirror swap, I received my mirrors today. As in one of my previous posts, I show a pic of the 3 pigtails and a camera feed. Turns out one of three plugs, the green one, will not be used in our trucks as of now. It mainly is for the spot light feed and park lamp. It seems it should be an easy enough re pin. The only minor issue is the verbiage of each pin appears to be different from 2018 and 2019. I should be able to report tomorrow as I will have more time then. Glad to see all the progress the rest of you had made as well.
Thanks for the info, the effort and the time that you take to share all this info. I am really glad to find so many peoples open to help. I was trying to get some of this info in some facebook groups and the only two persons that do this swap keep all the info because they want to make the harness to make money. God bless you guys.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sorry, I missed an earlier post. This thread is getting pretty big. Sure would be nice if there was a spot in the beginning to reference all the posts, like there are on some of the other threads.

Are you swapping a 2019 2500 mirror, into a GEN 4 2500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, I missed an earlier post. This thread is getting pretty big. Sure would be nice if there was a spot in the beginning to reference all the posts, like there are on some of the other threads.

Are you swapping a 2019 2500 mirror, into a GEN 4 2500?

We need that.

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im planning the re pin now, does anyone know what pin 4 and 5 are on c1? Shows "Outside RC Mirror Signal" Outside EC mirror return" I can't find anything that references that on the 2019 mirror.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 6.53.48 PM.png

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im planning the re pin now, does anyone know what pin 4 and 5 are on c1? Shows "Outside RC Mirror Signal" Outside EC mirror return" I can't find anything that references that on the 2019 mirror.

View attachment 185739
Those are the connections for the dimming mirror glass.

Edit: Electrochromatic mirror signal and return.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are the connections for the dimming mirror glass.

Edit: Electrochromatic mirror signal and return.

Thanks. I can't to seem a match on my 2019 mirror. Maybe on the common driver?

Also, those of you who did just the glass swap. I don't see two wires for blind spot, just driver. I beleive the return should be grounded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, those of you who did just the glass swap. I don't see two wires for blind spot, just driver. I beleive the return should be grounded.
The return/ground for the blindspot shares the ground with the puddle light. Pin 2 on C1, it's the wire right next to where the blindspot power feed is which is pin 3

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got the re pin done. Everything works as it should, including power fold, tilt on reverse and memory. I still need to wire up the blind spot from the tail lights, but this is all I could do tonight. Not to mention I still need some connectors.

I still don't understand the blind spot for the 2019 mirror. On door driver c3 for 2019, there is only one wire dedicated to blind spot, which i am assuming is the driver. I don't see a return wire for the 2019 mirror, that why i assumed t was to be grounded.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I got the re pin done. Everything works as it should. I still need to wire up the blind spot from the tail lights, but this is all I could do tonight. Not to mention I still need some connectors.

I still don't understand the blind spot for the 2019 mirror. On door driver c3 for 2019, there is only one wire dedicated to blind spot, which i am assuming is the driver. I don't see a return wire for the 2019 mirror, that why i assumed t was to be grounded.

Here you can see all the returns spliced together- K7JhWWn.jpg

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my blind spot lights hooked up to the door modules. The error still persists and the system is not working. I think at this point we can reasonably assume that the 2019 sensors do not work with 2015 (and probably older) BCMs. Going to see if I can get them reprogrammed with 2014/2015 Jeep GC cals.

Errors from the modules below.

Code:
ECU Configuration Mismatch

Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Requested

Test Failed: Yes
Test Failed This Monitoring Cycle: Yes
Pending DTC: No
Confirmed DTC: Yes
Test Not Completed Since Last Clear: No
Test Failed Since Last Clear: Yes
Test Not Completed This Monitoring Cycle: No
Warning Indicator Requested: Yes
Occurence Flag: Occurrence
Original Odometer Value: 4656 km
Most Recent Odometer Value: 836144 km
Frequency Counter: 204
Operation Cycle Counter: 1

Error present

Still need to make the final turn signal connections to the BCM and do the programming. It's freezing out so I was losing motivation real fast.

OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my blind spot lights hooked up to the door modules. The error still persists and the system is not working. I think at this point we can reasonably assume that the 2019 sensors do not work with 2015 (and probably older) BCMs. Going to see if I can get them reprogrammed with 2014/2015 Jeep GC cals.

Errors from the modules below.

Code:

Error present

Error present

Still need to make the final turn signal connections to the BCM and do the programming. It's freezing out so I was losing motivation real fast.
Hopefully you can figure it out, I guessing back in 2015 blindspot on trucks wasn't on FCA 's radar

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s the earliest BCM someone has gotten to work?

We can rule out 2015 working out of the box. I am sending a harness to someone with a 2016 this week. So we will have a data point for 2016s after he does his install. I believe 2017 and 2018 have been verified to work.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully you can figure it out, I guessing back in 2015 blindspot on trucks wasn't on FCA 's radar

I have some ideas on how to get this working. Mostly involves hoping the difference between the GC and RAM sensors is just the connector direction and that I can get them flashed with 2014 GC cals.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got my tail lights installed .
Had some issues with the turn Signals and was able to get hold of Jimmy and he got me all straightened out .
Just need to do the blind spot Mirrors now .
Thanks again Jimmy !!!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my tail lights installed .
Had some issues with the turn Signals and was able to get hold of Jimmy and he got me all straightened out .
Just need to do the blind spot Mirrors now .
Thanks again Jimmy !!!

Do you have the mirrors already? Im curious if the blind spot glass is compatible with a 1500, while retaining all existing features (auto dim, heated, etc)