2019 Official Price Thread??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65Plymouth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
I plan on putting a leveling spacer on the truck and just trading it in that way. I am buying wheels and tries and will use them and then remove them at the end of the term and put them on my new truck.

You can mod a lease truck as long as you're reasonable and know where to draw the line. I will transfer floor mats, mud flaps, wheels/tires and even a tonneau cover to a new truck in 2 years.

I may even de-badge my 2019 and just clean and retape them before turn in time.

Last edited:

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I plan on putting a leveling spacer on the truck and just trading it in that way. I am buying wheels and tries and will use them and then remove them at the end of the term and put them on my new truck.

You can mod a lease truck as long as you're reasonable and know where to draw the line. I will transfer floor mats, mud flaps, wheels/tires and even a tonneau cover to a new truck in 2 years.

I may even de-badge my 2019 and just clean and retape them before turn in time.
Yeah I was also told that if you mod anything... such as a level you would have to return it to stock when turned back in.
When I say I will mod the truck I'd probably do the same that I currently have.. level, 35" and exaust. I do have a tuner but probably wouldn't buy that again.

I'd really rather keep a truck longer than 3 years but usually get the bug around 5 years and boom I'm back in a payment for 2 or 3x your lease deal.

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just picked up Silver 2019 Big Horn 1500 with the Customer Preferred Package, 25Z. $43k out the door. Dealer "threw in" the spray liner and the factory trailer break. Im coming from a 2nd Generation Honda Ridgeline. Found out on a 2400 mile trip towing a 22ft travel trailer to FL, that the Honda was not working out. 19gal tank at 10mpg you do the math how may times we stopped for gas. The Honda had it's pros and cons but towing was a big con. You couldn't shut off the AWD either.

Anyway, really happy so far with the Ram. Rear seat room is amazing. Now my three kids wont be touching each other. The V8 is nice and the ride is plush as well. I drove the F150 2.7L and didnt like the ride or the interior. I would not be able to spec out the same truck with the ford for the same price. My father in law always had the Ram 1500 and it was actually the wife who preferred over the ford. It's night and day compared to the RAM and Honda. No Comparison. I just have to get use to the size of a full size truck. Oh, when I open the driver door, the light under the side view mirror came on once, now I dont know how to get it back. I put it in park and still didnt come on.

jarzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I was also told that if you mod anything... such as a level you would have to return it to stock when turned back in.

99.99% of dealers wouldn't even know if a leveling kit was put on, or even know what it is....but I guess there's always that 0.01% :eek:

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just picked up Silver 2019 Big Horn 1500 with the Customer Preferred Package, 25Z. $43k out the door. Dealer "threw in" the spray liner and the factory trailer break. Im coming from a 2nd Generation Honda Ridgeline. Found out on a 2400 mile trip towing a 22ft travel trailer to FL, that the Honda was not working out. 19gal tank at 10mpg you do the math how may times we stopped for gas. The Honda had it's pros and cons but towing was a big con. You couldn't shut off the AWD either.

Anyway, really happy so far with the Ram. Rear seat room is amazing. Now my three kids wont be touching each other. The V8 is nice and the ride is plush as well. I drove the F150 2.7L and didnt like the ride or the interior. I would not be able to spec out the same truck with the ford for the same price. My father in law always had the Ram 1500 and it was actually the wife who preferred over the ford. It's night and day compared to the RAM and Honda. No Comparison. I just have to get use to the size of a full size truck. Oh, when I open the driver door, the light under the side view mirror came on once, now I dont know how to get it back. I put it in park and still didnt come on.

Found out how to turn on t he mirror lights. It's the dome like setting. It has to be in the "door open on" position. I had it off.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the truck off the lot. Leasing works for me as I work from home and dont drive a ton of miles.

I put nothing down. Secrets of the lease.... only negotiate OTD price of the truck after discounts and rebates. I never discuss monthly payments. I also never tell them I'm leasing until I have the deal in writing. They will generally give you a better d and sl if they think your buying.

I also never step foot in a dealer until I have emailed several and put them against one another. Everything in writing.
So I was emailing a dealer and after alittle back and fourth got the OTD price which came in $42xxx, MSRP $50xxx pre trade in and then with that price I asked for the lease rates. I assumed the lease rate would be off the negotiated price but then the salesman jacked it up to $49xxx which was 466.00em with 5k down on a 36 month 15k miles. I asked him to explain why they were not honoring the negotiated price and the response to that question came from his sales manager and he only said "We are archiving this deal".

For one, at a different dealership I was quoted for 36 month 15k miles lease on MSRP $51xxx with 5k down at $400.00em

Can you help explain what kind of games this dealer is playing because they have stopped responding?

65Plymouth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
So I was emailing a dealer and after alittle back and fourth got the OTD price which came in $42xxx, MSRP $50xxx pre trade in and then with that price I asked for the lease rates. I assumed the lease rate would be off the negotiated price but then the salesman jacked it up to $49xxx which was 466.00em with 5k down on a 36 month 15k miles. I asked him to explain why they were not honoring the negotiated price and the response to that question came from his sales manager and he only said "We are archiving this deal".

For one, at a different dealership I was quoted for 36 month 15k miles lease on MSRP $51xxx with 5k down at $400.00em

Can you help explain what kind of games this dealer is playing because they have stopped responding?

I would never put any amount of money down on a lease.. Other than initial "lease start ups" (First month payment, last month payment, fees ect). If you put 5k down on a lease and totaled that truck before your first payment you would lose that 5k instantly. Never pre-pay anything on a lease.

Sticker price (before rebates) on my truck was something like $45,108.00. Chrysler products are among the most heavily discounted vehicles on the road today. It is very common to negotiate 10k off of MSRP simply by taking advantage of rebates and incentives and putting dealers against one another. Especially in the Metro Detroit area where there are tons of high volume dealers and almost everyone can get a FCA employee discount or at least friends and family pricing.

When I leased mine a few weeks ago there were something like 7k in rebates on the 1500 bighorns (I think they end October 1st). These rebates consisted of regional consumer cash, dealer incentives and of course, I used Chrysler employee pricing on top of the FCA rebates and incentives.

I would have them write you a check for your trade in and pocket that money. DO NOT put that towards a lease. A purchases, fine, but not a lease. That is a very poor financial decision.

Take the price from the other dealer ($400.00 a month) and get that in writing. Once you have it in writing email 4 other dealers in your area and ask them for a deal on a truck (on their lot) with the same MSRP (all dealers generally order vehicles equipped with the same "quick order" packages). Once the quotes start coming back you will want to write a response and incorporate the quote from the $400.00 a month dealer. Asking the others to beat this deal. Once they respond with their better deals, take the best deal received and ask the other dealers to beat that deal. I know it's a lot of back and forth but I wouldn't step foot into a dealer until you have a deal in writing that you're happy with.

Make sure you let these dealers know that your a serious buyer who is looking to sign papers by the end of the week. I will say it is a fine line between ******* them off enough where they don't respond vs getting them to give you a great deal. Either way, dont waste you evenings sitting down with these people until you have something in writing.

Also, if your planning on leasing different lease terms (24,36 months) come with different deals. at the time I leased my truck, the best deal was on a 24 month lease with 12k miles. Same thing for leasing companies. US bank offered the best lease deal. Chrysler Capital was 2nd and then others followed. Make sure the dealer is quoting you rates from the cheapest financial institution. Not just the one that offers "them" the best terms, kickbacks etc.

Edit.. You have to be persistent with these dealers. You have to also play a bit of "dirty pool" if it comes down to it. Don't be afraid to shop dealers 50-100 miles from your house. Other than signing the actual paperwork and taking delivery of the truck, everything else can be handled via email or on the phone. good luck

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This, but don't hit the dealership. Call the fleet manager. I call the fleet manager, last week of the month, last month of the quater or year. Be open, I've talked to them about their bonuses before. They want to move quantity.

How do you find out who is the fleet manager?

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
Call the dealer and ask for the fleet manager..

Cheapdad00

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
N/A
One of the last pieces of the puzzle .....what is your residual amount in case you decide to buy it at the end of the lease?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

One of the secrets of a great lease (low payment) is a high residual where you would never want to buy it out, just turn it in when over.

Cheapdad00

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
N/A

Depending on your region, the lease incentives can be radically different from purchase incentives. In my region there is at least $4k difference which bumps up the lease selling price. One trick is to ask for the price before any incentives are applied, then you are just comparing the dealer discount amount. Then layer in the rebates for your region. FCA rebates can be very confusing, but check autobytel or nadaguides to find an accurate listing.

KSH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
EcoDiesel
I wouldn't put anything down. What's the point of that. It's to artificially lower your monthly payments. Do the minimum and keep your money.

AspireApex

Reaction score
Ram Year
RAM 2013
Engine
V8
I wouldn't put anything down. What's the point of that. It's to artificially lower your monthly payments. Do the minimum and keep your money.

Gotcha - let's say I just do nothing down..it ends up being $324 a month. Is this a good deal?

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha - let's say I just do nothing down..it ends up being $324 a month. Is this a good deal?
For 50k I assume it's at least a Big Horn and I was quoted on lease at $400 a month 15k mile 36 month with $5000 down. I am not doing that deal but your quote was way better than mine.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$8k plus whatever taxes apply where you live for 2 years and 24k miles with a $50k Ram? Seems really good to me.

Cheapdad00

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
N/A

That's a very good deal. Agree with other poster, keep your cash in a savings account and use it to pay down the extra monthly. That way it's not forfeit if your truck is totaled.

What region are you in? And is the lease through Chrysler Capital or a 3rd party bank?

mraybrake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-10 Magnum
Just got a quote from a dealer on a laramie 4x4 5'7" bed, level 2 package, 20" wheels, 12" screen, 6th seat with the standard 5.7
12,000 mi/ yr, 36 month lease.
500/ month with first month payment down.

Good deal or nah?