2019 Official Price Thread??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Any ballpark estimates on what a 2017 1500 limited 4x4 with 40k miles should be worth on a trade? Bought the 2017 new - MSRP was 58k, paid $46500.00. Thinking about a 2019. I know I need to be around 11k off 2019 MSRP but know the games they play on trades. Curious what would be a fair value on my 2017 in real numbers. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aajakt, I think you got a good deal, 32k OTD in Dallas. Could you share the options/addons on your trim?

Anybody else with lonestar/ big horn trims HEMI with pricing to share?

Also, even though this is the 4th Gen but sold as 2019 classic ram HEMI, does anybody know about pricing on them? I see advertisements in Houston dealerships for lone star trims starting at 26k (incl. all rebates and discounts) before TTL. Almost 16,*** off MSRP.

Is it worth spending the extra 6k for the all new 2019 model? Aren’t the differences mostly - longer wheelbase with more legroom in the cab, apple car play, push button stop start, new body style and interior, revised transmission software?

Instead if I could get a deal at 25k-26k OTD for the 2019 Ram classic lonestar would that be a good deal? I realize most of the decision would be a personal preference but I am really trying to get my money’s worth.

All suggestions/comments are highly appreciated.

Push button stop/start and CarPlay/AA is available in the 2018 4th gens so these features didn’t start with 5th gen just FYI. Not sure if they are available in the 2019 classic models though as I’m not familiar with the trims and options available for the Classic models. Like others have said, it really comes down to personal preference on what you want.

joels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
alwi228 thank you for starting this thread. This is a great resource for all potential owners to put things in perspective. That way you don’t leave your heard earned honest money on the table.
I finally got the 2019 RAM Classic lone star silver edition last night. Paid 26,222+TTL. This is Houston, TX. Let me know what you’ll think and if this was a good deal. Just like everybody suggested, it all boils down to your personal preference.
I negotiated hard for 3-4 days with several dealerships in the Houston area just to realize that the incentives are there and this deal could be done. The sales and finance ppl kept asking me where I was getting my numbers from and that it was impossible and blah blah. I told them that owners are empowered now, the smart ones are aware of what is going on, and they will not just assume that dealer sponsored websites (may not be true, but I said it anyway) like true car/kbb have the right pricing.

A few tips/pointers (just my two cents):
The deal is always there, it’s just a matter of finding that one truck that has been on the lot longer than the others. Month end really helps, especially last week sinc they are trying to hit their VGP (vehicular gross profit - don’t know if the monicker is right) numbers. When you start getting to the point where they are just not going to do it, you know you’re really close. Don’t get impulsive, just be patient and it will work out, it doesn’t that to be that day and that dealership.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
alwi228 thank you for starting this thread. This is a great resource for all potential owners to put things in perspective. That way you don’t leave your heard earned honest money on the table.
I finally got the 2019 RAM Classic lone star silver edition last night. Paid 26,222+TTL. This is Houston, TX. Let me know what you’ll think and if this was a good deal. Just like everybody suggested, it all boils down to your personal preference.
I negotiated hard for 3-4 days with several dealerships in the Houston area just to realize that the incentives are there and this deal could be done. The sales and finance ppl kept asking me where I was getting my numbers from and that it was impossible and blah blah. I told them that owners are empowered now, the smart ones are aware of what is going on, and they will not just assume that dealer sponsored websites (may not be true, but I said it anyway) like true car/kbb have the right pricing.

A few tips/pointers (just my two cents):
The deal is always there, it’s just a matter of finding that one truck that has been on the lot longer than the others. Month end really helps, especially last week sinc they are trying to hit their VGP (vehicular gross profit - don’t know if the monicker is right) numbers. When you start getting to the point where they are just not going to do it, you know you’re really close. Don’t get impulsive, just be patient and it will work out, it doesn’t that to be that day and that dealership.

Good stuff sounds like you did your homework and came out with a great deal. I'd add its also probably a great time to get the remaining 4th gen 2019 classics if anyone is in the market for them. With the 5th gens coming up on being out for a year I would have to imagine they will be trying to move the remaining 4th gen classics out.

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8
2019 Laramie two wheel drive with 3.92 gears listed for $53,643. I traded my 2011 Camaro (they gave me $6k for it) and after tax, title, and fees I came out at 39,846.
I can’t stop smiling ear to ear, I love this damn truck!
871e78f8f3ba9847c2e400339829c8d1.jpg

FlausFSU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Curious if anyone has any new purchases to add to this thread? Would be really interested in seeing what shifts in pricing have happened since March since I'm now in the market for a 2019 Laramie/Limited.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What options did you get? Bucket seats, navigation, wheels, etc.? It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Just under $46K including TT&L. Not including the trade.

2019 Laramie two wheel drive with 3.92 gears listed for $53,643. I traded my 2011 Camaro (they gave me $6k for it) and after tax, title, and fees I came out at 39,846.
I can’t stop smiling ear to ear, I love this damn truck!
871e78f8f3ba9847c2e400339829c8d1.jpg

Stasek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Curious if anyone has any new purchases to add to this thread? Would be really interested in seeing what shifts in pricing have happened since March since I'm now in the market for a 2019 Laramie/Limited.
The “other” forum has a much more active “prices paid” thread on 5th gens. Having said that, I think it all comes down to the manufacturer incentives that are available at any given moment.

GMG71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hopefully a 19
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I got quoted $53K (on paper) here in Tulsa, OK for a pretty loaded rebel. I'm confident I can get them down to $50K and if I get that on a paper then it's only a matter of seeing which dealer in the area will give me the lowest offer.

Irish.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 trademans upgrade
Engine
Last march, when my gmc start to crapped on me, i didnt have alot of time running to dealer to dealer. My tradesman with chorme and upgrade package was 47k. The dealer knock off 5k plus trade of my gmc 18k. The out the door plus tags tax is 42k

drifter106

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
chevy
The “other” forum has a much more active “prices paid” thread on 5th gens. Having said that, I think it all comes down to the manufacturer incentives that are available at any given moment.

What is the "other" forum that you speak of?

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8
What options did you get? Bucket seats, navigation, wheels, etc.? It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Just under $46K including TT&L. Not including the trade.

8.4” screen, no nav because I have it on my phone, spray in bedliner, 3.92 gears, leather cooled seats, alpine sound system, auto high beam lights, blind spot, park sense, rain sensitive wipers, remote tailgate and remote start, 20” wheels, full center console, and heated seats. The only thing is it’s a 4x2, I took the 4x2 because the truck is lighter and can tow more and I don’t go off road so I decided to take the hit. The only thing I really need is a trailer break controller, once I have that I’ll be content lol
There might be more options but that’s all I can think of for now.

silverWS6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, new guy here but not new to Ram trucks (had an 02 and 03 way back).

Anyways, great thread, I'm looking into getting a 2019 Rebel (flame red, lv2, 10 speaker, non-etorque, no airbags). I'm from far west Texas (El Paso) and dealers here suck so far. See the attachment, that's the only Rebel that dealer has in stock!

I'm thinking about making the trip out to Phoenix and making a deal. I'm already talking to some dealers there. See the link below and tell me what you guys think? I'm just a little concerned about the "region" pricing that I've seen.

https://www.earnhardtcjd.com/new-Gilbert-2019-RAM-1500-Rebel-1C6SRFLT5KN565980

20190428_230504.jpg

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Traded my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport in for a 2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x2, Delmonico Red, 24Z Package with Pano sunroof, 33 gallon tank, 20" tires and Blind-Spot with Cross-Path Detection. I'm not fond of the looks of the 2019 but my Daughter-in-Law likes them so off to the dealer we went as she drives one of my Rams. We spent an hour negotiating and the final results were as follows:

MSRP $50,305
Loan Balance on 2016 - $24,000 and after negotiating they settled on a trade allowance of $30,000 so we had the $6000 equity to put towards the new truck.
Rebates + Dealer Discount - $12,305
Zero Down
Financed $32,000

Daughter-in-Law was happy and so was my accountant.

Last edited:

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well.. I've done it.... put my deposit down on an All New 2019 Sport crew with 6.5 box. Its a longer than average truck, but overall doesn't seem to do too bad, and that longer wheel base rides like silk. Its not the truck "I dream of" .. but ... here's why I decided to do a 36mth lease on that specific truck.

First, I noticed this when it arrived because of the blue streak pearl... I was somewhat less happy when I seen it was a crew/6.5 box. I wasn't in a position to buy at the time (this was probably 4-6 mths ago) and kept trying to convince myself my 16 is fine, i'm the only owner etc etc etc... just because its an all new body, doesn't mean you "NEED" it... Lol..

Yesterday I took my 2016 Sport in for some brake squeal. Its been intermittent but its there. Only 64k kms (40k miles) on it. Anyway, they pull the rear wheels, and axle shafts .. to find the parking brake assembly is completely seized and the shoes have fallen off, separated from the assembly and are just rolling around inside. The entire assembly to me literally looks worse than a field car that hasn't moved in decades. What a **** ass design there! I've done all my services, maintenance and bulletins on the truck at the dealer, since day one. Never use the parking brake (who does) ...... Well $1500 later thats fixed.

Due to the unsuspected nature of the brakes, and what had to happen there, my buddy who's also my sales guy, put me back into that BSP CREW for the day since I didn't have time to sit around there, errands to run etc... We joked about the numbers, trade value etc.. I told him get it down to $350 or less biwkly on a 3 yr lease I'll take it. Knowing i've crunched numbers on it before and we're about $150 over that payment ... which is kinda why I hadn't owned it yet. Too much money for something that isn't exactly my style.

Fast forward to last night, frustrated with my $1500 repair on the ole 2016 junkyard dog, We've gotten the $70k sticker on the new 19 down to $49,500 on paper and $30k for my 16 Sport trade, which allows me free and clear walk away. I've placed the deposit, and its to be finalized by month end to complete the deal. Which is tomorrow. So we'll see if they hold true. I've got to work tomorrow, they close at 6, I need to re-install factory suspension (currently 2/4 drop) and swap my 24's out for the stockers.. Also i'm keeping my Solid Fold 2.0 cover for the new truck. I've been reading here and it apparently fits the new 19's.

Excited I guess. a deal I couldn't say no.

2019 Ram Sport Loaded - $70k sticker
2016 Ram Sport Loaded - $31k remaining balance
2019 Ram Sport Prefferred client price - $55k
Trade in Value $28k
Additional dealings...
Trade in Value increase $30k pre tax
New 2019 "shown price" $49,500 pre tax

36 month lease, 24k annual allowance ... Walk away free 36mths. I drive average 18-20k a year MAX...

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
This is the build sheet for what I was gonna get. I changed the color and for some reason at the time the 4x4 package wasnt able to be added. Could be something as simple as the decal isn't available. Anyways, it's being redone now for order with the changes.
Mine shows MSRP, Holdback, Employee price and friends and family price. Dealer discounts and factory incentives have not been deducted yet.
I'll post the completed and updated price.
My buddy is a manager and said he will sell it to me at his price and give me the holdback as well. That remains to be seen as does my trade value. Either way, I got the build sheet with the numbers to pit dealers against one another if needed.

SmartSelect_20190604-194252_Messenger.jpg

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
The above I found on a lot. Otw to pickup now. There was a 2k pricing error that got changed over night but I caught it since I work the night shift. So far MSRP 61k, selling price is 47k with some addendums which is 7k below invoice. I'm getting 21k for my trade based on pics I sent. That may go up when I get there. Either way its a hell of a deal. Only options I'm giving up is the 33 gallon tank and I wanted the etorque but no biggie. Has the safety group which I didnt want but this truck has more options for 7k less than my build and couldnt pass up. Blue streak color was hard to find