2019 Official Price Thread??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know those numbers. I got one sheet from the dealer that clearly stated the amount I was to write a check for and that was it. Maybe I will get a detailed breakdown when the truck is built and I go to pick it up???? After reading this thread I am thinking I may not have gotten much of a deal!!

holy **** man......your going to buy a $50k dollar truck and you dont know what all those numbers are? Your just going to pay what they said the price will be? I dont mean to be a jerk here, but man, you need to learn how to purchase a vehicle. Your gonna get ***** and the salesman and the dealership are laughing all the way to the bank.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
holy **** man......your going to buy a $50k dollar truck and you dont know what all those numbers are? Your just going to pay what they said the price will be? I dont mean to be a jerk here, but man, you need to learn how to purchase a vehicle. Your gonna get ***** and the salesman and the dealership are laughing all the way to the bank.

Not necessarily. I don't give two ***** about any of the numbers, I've already done my number crunching and walk in with a OTD price in my head. However they want to make my number happen is up to them. They could give me $100 or $40,000 for my trade... as long as my OTD price is what I want.. I don't care.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not necessarily. I don't give two ***** about any of the numbers, I've already done my number crunching and walk in with a OTD price in my head. However they want to make my number happen is up to them. They could give me $100 or $40,000 for my trade... as long as my OTD price is what I want.. I don't care.

Alright, i see what your method is. I guess, if you know how the numbers should work out, than who cares how you get there, right?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, i see what your method is. I guess, if you know how the numbers should work out, than who cares how you get there, right?

But in this case it sounds like he was told how much to write the check for, which sounds like a dealers wet dream.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adrian's comments are in line with my thinking. When I said "how much to write the check for" I was talking OTD numbers. I was working everything backwards to get to exactly what I would pay. I don't care to have a "dealer price" of 30,000 and when the other crap is added in I get a surprise when I am sitting down to close the deal. Whether it is a car, truck or motorcycle I politely and clearly explain to who I am dealing with that when they bring me a price it needs to be "what I will write the check for" and walk out the door with the item. I don't do this a lot but the way I did it was get the vehicle set up exactly like I wanted it, this gave us a baseline. MSRP on it was 70k, I told them I would give them 64,500 and they agreed. It is done. I may have been able to get a better price, but time is money. I did my research, went to the dealership one time, got the truck i want, within budget.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Right I go in with a max monthly payment I want. So I know the net numbers and the financing I need to get to in order to make those figures happen. I don’t care if they give me $20,000 less for my car so long as they knock the same amount off of the new truck. Net numbers and financing are what I go in for (and I aim for lower than my max), I don’t care what internal figures they need to report to achieve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adrian's comments are in line with my thinking. When I said "how much to write the check for" I was talking OTD numbers. I was working everything backwards to get to exactly what I would pay. I don't care to have a "dealer price" of 30,000 and when the other crap is added in I get a surprise when I am sitting down to close the deal. Whether it is a car, truck or motorcycle I politely and clearly explain to who I am dealing with that when they bring me a price it needs to be "what I will write the check for" and walk out the door with the item. I don't do this a lot but the way I did it was get the vehicle set up exactly like I wanted it, this gave us a baseline. MSRP on it was 70k, I told them I would give them 64,500 and they agreed. It is done. I may have been able to get a better price, but time is money. I did my research, went to the dealership one time, got the truck i want, within budget.

Ok sorry I misunderstood, its not even me but that makes me feel a lot better. Just the way you stated it made it sound more like you were buying groceries, as in they just gave you the price and you wrote the check. And that obviously happens, dealers need those people to balance out people who go in and bargain like their life depended on it.

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got done completing a factory order that started 5/31

2019 1500 5.7 Bighorn Off road package, Dual pane roof and LVL 2 pkg. I did the underseat storage and remote start. I dont think there were any other pay options.
-Agreed on $42,006 which the dealer honored.
-$38,006 after incentives

I'm quite happy with the deal personally and only needed to travel a few miles to do it. I price shopped the volume guys and the local dealer did the price match.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got done completing a factory order that started 5/31

2019 1500 5.7 Bighorn Off road package, Dual pane roof and LVL 2 pkg. I did the underseat storage and remote start. I dont think there were any other pay options.
-Agreed on $42,006 which the dealer honored.
-$38,006 after incentives

I'm quite happy with the deal personally and only needed to travel a few miles to do it. I price shopped the volume guys and the local dealer did the price match.

but what was the sticker price? I see you got them down to $42k and then 38K after reabtes.....but what was the sticker after it was built?

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Like on the window sticker?

$49,520

Last edited:

PaPa_Brewskey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This was a helpful tool when I bought my f150 a few years back so I wanted to start something here that we could share with each other on what we should/hope to be paying for these new Rams.

Currently, I am looking for a 2019 Limited 4x4 with no options other than the (free?) painted bumper and ramboxes. A salesmen that I have bought with twice before told me today that he'd go invoice ($54,974) plus a rebate of a thousand, so $53,974 plus TTL. Looking around for limiteds in Kentucky, that doesn't seem so bad to me. But I could be thrown off by comparing that to the trucks on cars.com because most limiteds ive seen have the sunroof option. I virtually never use my pano so...is this a great deal? Or is $49,999 realistic this fall when chevy drops their new truck? I understand there will "always" be a better deal tomorrow.

Were starting to see up to $11k discounts off MSRP on 2019 Limited's here in the Phoenix area. It looks like they can be had starting just under $50k

https://www.temperam.com/inventory/display/new/2019/Ram/All-New-1500/1C6SRFHT8KN532741

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I ended up with a total of 10,300 off MSRP and didn’t even acknowledge the dealer add ons which according to their addendum to the Maroney was another grand. I think off the top of my head I was at 48ish out the door (includes ttl) on a Limited with the Advanced Safety Group and then about 3k-ish right side up on my trade that I put into it. Was in Scottsdale. Tempe was super close but didn’t have a Black one at the time, just the grey and silver.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
From the fine print on Tempe Ram’s Website:

*Due To Our Rock Bottom Pricing Policy And Sales Volume We Can Only Provide 5 Gallons Of Fuel Upon Delivery.

Mine also included 2 tanks of gas. [emoji3] I knew I had to bring it back when I bought it so they said they would fill it up again when I brought it in.

As luck would have it I didn’t have it on the “We owe you” sheet and I texted the Salesman when I took it in and he informed me that he went to another (competitor) dealership.

I inquired at the front desk for someone I could talk to and a nice dude came out and said...wait for it...”No Problem. We’ll take care of you.”

Tempe Ram is closer to me but they will get all my business at the moment. Heck, I don’t mind driving a bit further in the new truck anyway. Overall, superb experience at Chapman Dodge.

mainard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
With the ep.pricing they still play with numbers, i have affiliate pricing thru Coca cola and some dealers will still give higher pricing
The ffp is friends and family pricing so if you know anyone that works for dodge they can give out like 6 of those a year I believe which will get you to that price right off the bat, then you can haggle about dealer discounts and free add-ons after that. My dad is retired from there so I luckily get his employee price and so far every dealer will tell you you can't go any lower than that but I have bought a challenger and a ram for both under ep pricing cause once you have that control number I basically say I can get this price at any dealer I go to, what are you willing to throw in to gain my business over the guy down the street

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Heres my method:

Factory rebates are non negotiable. If you qualify you get it Ram gives this. So don't let the dealer take any credit.

Delivery is not negotiable.

Dealer rebates is what you are negotiating. This comes from their true invoice from Ram. Not including hold back.

Hold back is money paid to dealer from Ram as a "bonus".

Add everything up and buy if the final number is in your budget.

Best case scenario dealer sells it at true invoice. They make $1200-$1500 hold back for just selling the truck. Not including unknown bonus from overall monthly or quarterly sales goals. Anything above this is more profit to dealer.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
With the ep.pricing they still play with numbers, i have affiliate pricing thru Coca cola and some dealers will still give higher pricing

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
no ep pricing is different than affiliate then cause we actually get to see the sheet from ram that shows msrp, dealer invoice, friends and family, employee price, and even hold back. i could go to 20 different dealers and as long as im looking at exact same truck ep price will be the same regardless of dealership cause its set by ram.

now i have had dealers just hand me a piece of paper and say thats the ep price but i know what the actual sheet looks like so unless they give me the actual paperwork i leave for another dealer cause i would never take their word on price

Lights_out

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab 2wd Hemi, Black package, level 2 equipment group, LED lighting, 3.92's, under seat storage. Sticker was $46450. Sale price on the truck was $36049. I had $1200 negative equity on my trade , a 2018 Scat Pack Charger that I bought new only 4 months ago. (life changes quick, needed a truck instead, long story....). After TTL and rolling in trade $38036 out the door.

BTW...having $1200 negative equity sounds bad, until you realize they gave me $35500 for my car, which meant I only had to pay taxes on $549. So I saved about $1200 in taxes (3% of $36000 is....$1200!) by trading it in, essentially breaking even. Two things are sure in life....taxes and death! Gonna pay em one way or the other.

Last edited:

Visualize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Getting a 2019
Engine
Hemi
Has anyone had success using the FCA Affiliate Rewards certificate on a 2019? ( One you get from https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/ through certain employers )
Just wondering if the 1% under invoice is better/worse than what dealers are able to negotiate if you go in without it.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab 2wd Hemi, Black package, level 2 equipment group, LED lighting, 3.92's, under seat storage. Sticker was $46450. Sale price on the truck was $36049. I had $1200 negative equity on my trade , a 2018 Scat Pack Charger that I bought new only 4 months ago. (life changes quick, needed a truck instead, long story....). After TTL and rolling in trade $38036 out the door.

BTW...having $1200 negative equity sounds bad, until you realize they gave me $35500 for my car, which meant I only had to pay taxes on $549. So I saved about $1200 in taxes (3% of $36000 is....$1200!) by trading it in, essentially breaking even. Two things are sure in life....taxes and death! Gonna pay em one way or the other.
Not sure if your math is right bud. If you owed 15k on your car and they give you 35k trade in then 15k goes towards your outstanding loan and 20k would go towards your new vehicle tax free. But if you owe more than trade in that full amount goes towards outstanding loan and then the leftover 1200 gets rolled over into new loan but you still pay taxes

Jealous that wherever you live is only 3% tax tho

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Not sure if your math is right bud. If you owed 15k on your car and they give you 35k trade in then 15k goes towards your outstanding loan and 20k would go towards your new vehicle tax free. But if you owe more than trade in that full amount goes towards outstanding loan and then the leftover 1200 gets rolled over into new loan but you still pay taxes

Jealous that wherever you live is only 3% tax tho

I can’t speak for all states but in AZ the full price of the trade regardless of where the money ends up going offsets the taxable amount on the new vehicle. So if Alabama is like AZ his math is right. He only paid taxes on $549. So he saved over $1000 in taxes as opposed to no trade in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mopar big state 1