2019 production delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I don't like the outer appearance of a vehicle, I don't care how good it drives or handles. I'm not spending mega bucks on something I can't stand looking at.
When somebody casually drives through or browses a dealer's lot to look at the new Ram, if the styling doesn't grab them, chances are they sure won't be coming back to buy one.

This.

It was a long arduous process finding my wife a new car, because there were so few things we liked the EXTERIOR look of. What do I see every time I walk by it, park it, walk back out to it, etc? The EXTERIOR. If I cant turn around and smile when I see my vehicle, I wont buy it.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^^^^^ johnts -That's what's so great about America, no one is forced to buy anything they don't want.

I suspect Ram will have some pretty decent sales figures with the new truck. Regardless of what some diehard older generation Ram owners think.

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to agree with a couple of you folks, the 2019 does nothing for me. I dont care how GOOD it drives, if i cant look at everything being 100% satisfaction, i wont ever buy it.
Another issue i have with the 2019, its new, it hasn`t proven itself yet. I ended up buying a loaded 2018 RAM for 2 reasons, $money saved$ and i like the looks of the 18 better.

This is what i see, 19 vs 18 RAM trucks; (lol)
The 2019 looks like a dressed up harvard law student with no common sense.
The 2018 looks like some whoop-ass waitin to happen. 2018 beatin down turds an chubbies all day long.

Last edited:

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have to agree with a couple of you folks, the 2019 does nothing for me. I dont care how GOOD it drives, if i cant look at everything being 100% satisfaction, i wont ever buy it.
Another issue i have with the 2019, its new, it hasn`t proven itself yet. I ended up buying a loaded 2018 RAM for 2 reasons, $money saved$ and i like the looks of the 18 better.

The 2018 looks like some whoop-ass waitin to happen. 2018 beatin down turds an chubbies all day long.

my gut feeling is most people would choose the Harvard Law life....off topic and I certainly dont speak for the people. I'll agree with you that the look on the 2018 is better, I just ordered a 2019 Limited today because it has everything that a truck at this point SHOULD have, and then some. But to say it's not proven? The only variable that FCA is rolling out is the 12 inch screen at this point...everything else has been around for years. And the uconnect system which im assuming your truck has, has widely been regarded as the best in the business. So the ONLY variable is a larger screen which I won't lie, I worry about 5/7 years down the road.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Geehhhh...just read your other rant in a thread about lawyers and car salesman.....sounds like this is a box of worms for you. Additionally...you never "win" with a dealership....they are in the business of making money and have a lot of resources and data to insure they do....probably more significant than uncles and forums

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Geehhhh...just read your other rant in a thread about lawyers and car salesman.....sounds like this is a box of worms for you. Additionally...you never "win" with a dealership....they are in the business of making money and have a lot of resources and data to insure they do....probably more significant than uncles and forums
Most people are so tickled by new shiny paint that they quickly forget who they`re dealing with. I`ve never been screwed by a car salesman in my life.
After MANY MANY MANY decades working in dealerships, i know every trick they can throw at me. I`m just here to help others NOT get screwed. Eye`s wide open!

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my gut feeling is most people would choose the Harvard Law life....off topic and I certainly dont speak for the people. I'll agree with you that the look on the 2018 is better, I just ordered a 2019 Limited today because it has everything that a truck at this point SHOULD have, and then some. But to say it's not proven? The only variable that FCA is rolling out is the 12 inch screen at this point...everything else has been around for years. And the uconnect system which im assuming your truck has, has widely been regarded as the best in the business. So the ONLY variable is a larger screen which I won't lie, I worry about 5/7 years down the road.
I cant argue with you on most of your comments. Yep, that big screen might be an issue later on.

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, I don’t know why so many people hating on the new Ram, I love mine!! Looks and all. No complaints here.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Man, I don’t know why so many people hating on the new Ram

It probably not so much a "hate" but a disappointment that FCA sort of did away with the distinctive lowered headlights that made it distinctive. It's looks far to similar to a Chevy/GMC and/or Toyota. You can tell in your mirrors when another RAM or Ford is behind you now. The new Gen5 not at all, looks like other trucks.
:-(

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I saw the article in Motor Trend a few months back about the Ranger, I initially thought it was another story about the Ram. The Ram pic is from their cover the month before. Pretty sad when the Ram looks like a Ranger, except the Ranger doesn't have the ugly brow.
ranger ram.jpg

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yesterday as I was sitting at the light at the bottom of a hill near my house, I looked across the highway and up into the line of cars coming down the hill from a mall. There was a blacked out truck sitting in the line of cars that I thought was a Silverado, but when traffic started moving it was actually a '19 Ram Black. The initial side profile I saw and the headlights said Chevy to me. This would have never been the case with the distinctive styling of the '94 to '18 Rams. On the Silverados with the full chrome grill, the brow is even more evident, just as it is on the Ram.
A few weeks back, the salesman who sold me my last 3 vehicles said he was walking through the showroom and saw what he thought was a '19 Ram parked oddly outside the showroom. When he looked closer it was actually a Silverado. It is a sad testament to the styling of these trucks that even someone who sees them on a daily basis has a hard time identifying what the brand of truck is at a glance. This truck seriously needs a refresh, especially the front clip, asap.

Kevin1106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So a car salesman mistaked a new Silverado for a new Ram? How in the world can one say these truck look anything alike? Maybe that car sales guy needs a new profession if he can’t tell the difference...maybe he has ray Charles vision in one eye and Stevie wonder in the other..21BE4024-C03B-4859-B00E-A1E51872AB85.jpeg
Yesterday as I was sitting at the light at the bottom of a hill near my house, I looked across the highway and up into the line of cars coming down the hill from a mall. There was a blacked out truck sitting in the line of cars that I thought was a Silverado, but when traffic started moving it was actually a '19 Ram Black. The initial side profile I saw and the headlights said Chevy to me. This would have never been the case with the distinctive styling of the '94 to '18 Rams. On the Silverados with the full chrome grill, the brow is even more evident, just as it is on the Ram.
A few weeks back, the salesman who sold me my last 3 vehicles said he was walking through the showroom and saw what he thought was a '19 Ram parked oddly outside the showroom. When he looked closer it was actually a Silverado. It is a sad testament to the styling of these trucks that even someone who sees them on a daily basis has a hard time identifying what the brand of truck is at a glance. This truck seriously needs a refresh, especially the front clip, asap.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So a car salesman mistaked a new Silverado for a new Ram? How in the world can one say these truck look anything alike? Maybe that car sales guy needs a new profession if he can’t tell the difference...maybe he has ray Charles vision in one eye and Stevie wonder in the other..View attachment 128821

I've made the same mistake, especially on black trucks. GMC looks like RAM on the front grille of an all black truck if you aren't paying close attention.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sounds like a lot of the complaints have less to do with disliking the truck and more to do with a belief that it doesn’t offer enough of a uniqueness. I disagree, but for S&G, this is a copycat world. Whatever is selling is going to be copied. That’s just how it is. You see this in overwhelming “in your face” approaches in the phone market. I still disagree though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The new 2019 Ford Ranger looks similar to the Ram front end too

22428852-8356-48A5-969C-49E265A83760.png

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The new 2019 Ford Ranger looks similar to the Ram front end too

View attachment 128836

I think both trucks have taken styling cues from their respective car counterparts. This was the natural evolution of cars and we are seeing it bleed into trucks. I do think Toyota and GM were the first to embrace the aftermarket LED, streamlined styling, and now everyone is following along.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a lot of the complaints have less to do with disliking the truck and more to do with a belief that it doesn’t offer enough of a uniqueness. I disagree, but for S&G, this is a copycat world. Whatever is selling is going to be copied. That’s just how it is. You see this in overwhelming “in your face” approaches in the phone market. I still disagree though.

The Ram used to stand out from the crowd with its styling. Now it is blend in to the background truck, that looks like the result of a mating with a Chevy, GMC, and Toyota.