2019 Ram 1500 Classic White Warlock "Whitney"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been busy working on the truck and using it the last month.

Took a wheeling trip to the Idaho Springs area in Colorado.

View attachment 470743

View attachment 470744

View attachment 470745

View attachment 470746

View attachment 470747

Truck did absolutely great on that trip. However Glamping tends to add a lot of weight. So the rear suspension is getting an upgrade. I have Superlift Sl-140 springs that will be paired with some Icon shocks. We'll try that in the rear for our upcoming trip next week.

Also have been working hard in the shop making products.

Bed Racks are done, Was going to go bronze to match the wheels....but it looked really bad on the truck so going back to black.

View attachment 470750

Installed a hooke road roof rack. I searched and it seemed this was one of the only roof racks available for the quad cab. The install rough. The quality of the fitment was not great. Also drilling out the holes on the rood was not fun. Oh well its done and it does look good.

View attachment 470751
Hope Superlift have redesigned their springs. Check the blogs in my built thread regarding those coils.
I think i read you got them dirt cheap ? so give them a try and see if the do the trick for you. When i did them they were not able to hold much more weight compared to the stockers. If you read on my build thread i had a lot of expectations on those coils cause i wanted to run longer rear shocks and their length came very handy. I only had 300lbs of weight back then and i swear of god i lost all 2" in literally 2 weeks after install. They're super long but they will sag just under your RTT rack below to what you have in no time after the install. And they're so long it would be a bad idea to add 1" spacers to gain 1" back.
@hodge-xj had the same results , i returned my set within a month. This was back in 2019 so who knows if they have had a chance to revise springs rates.

Good luck, Truck is looking pretty good and i bet those outdoor activities are even better.
Enjoy.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been looking at that rack. Would you buy it again?

BTW I consider that area home turf. Spent most of my formative years in Caribou, Lots of time on Switzerland trail, and time around the mines in central city and of course Oh My God Rd. The in laws had a cabin up behind Idaho springs on Soda Creek. So we've spent time on Barbour Forks.

great fun, beautiful area.

It was really beautiful! we did the Oh my God road and loved it.

As far as the Hooke Road roof rack goes The quality is fairly good, not Prinsu quality but also alot cheaper. The lights that come with it work and seem passable. You will have to get a wiring kit for it though. It comes with 6mm nutserts for installation If I had it to do over I would have put a little larger ones in there. It's sturdy though. I stood on it and it handled my 220 lbs just fine. For the price I would buy it again.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hope Superlift have redesigned their springs. Check the blogs in my built thread regarding those coils.
I think i read you got them dirt cheap ? so give them a try and see if the do the trick for you. When i did them they were not able to hold much more weight compared to the stockers. If you read on my build thread i had a lot of expectations on those coils cause i wanted to run longer rear shocks and their length came very handy. I only had 300lbs of weight back then and i swear of god i lost all 2" in literally 2 weeks after install. They're super long but they will sag just under your RTT rack below to what you have in no time after the install. And they're so long it would be a bad idea to add 1" spacers to gain 1" back.
@hodge-xj had the same results , i returned my set within a month. This was back in 2019 so who knows if they have had a chance to revise springs rates.

Good luck, Truck is looking pretty good and i bet those outdoor activities are even better.
Enjoy.

One of my good friends works for truck hero/Superlift. So they we're pretty much free. I was also able to get them within 2 days so Why not? Luckily I don't keep weight in it consistently. so maybe they wont sag.... If they do I'll go JT springs. The rear end of these trucks are so easy to work on I had the springs and shocks changed in about 45 min. I would however love to punch whoever designed the flares/fender liner. That took longer to deal with than the install. Cleaned up the backside of the flares while I had them off, that was much needed. The Thuren shock nut set was a wonderful decision. Thanks!

I will say with the new Springs and Icon Shocks the rear of the truck rides fantastic. it really smoothed out the ride. I took it on a good pothole ridden road after the install. What used to literally jumped the back of the truck around now doesn't even move. If 2.0's ride this good I can't imagine how well 2.5's do.

I'm not sure if the stock shocks are that crap from the factory or I wore them out already in 30,000 miles. But I could compress them with ease using one hand.... Icon's not at all.

Pics

IMG_8353.jpg

IMG_8354.jpg

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was really beautiful! we did the Oh my God road and loved it.

As far as the Hooke Road roof rack goes The quality is fairly good, not Prinsu quality but also alot cheaper. The lights that come with it work and seem passable. You will have to get a wiring kit for it though. It comes with 6mm nutserts for installation If I had it to do over I would have put a little larger ones in there. It's sturdy though. I stood on it and it handled my 220 lbs just fine. For the price I would buy it again.

Thanks. I'm flush with nutserts. I used to sell them on eBay so I have from #4's through 1/2". But it's good to know that the included ones could be better. I was really looking at the entire set, the rack and both bumpers. Maybe. If not, the rack for sure.

Did you do anything special for the seam? Since I assume the seal needs to be cut to accommodate the mounts.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks. I'm flush with nutserts. I used to sell them on eBay so I have from #4's through 1/2". But it's good to know that the included ones could be better. I was really looking at the entire set, the rack and both bumpers. Maybe. If not, the rack for sure.

Did you do anything special for the seam? Since I assume the seal needs to be cut to accommodate the mounts.

I cut out the portion of the weather striping where the bracket goes, drilled very carefully and siliconed everything in afterwards to keep it watertight. Hopefully it will.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
2_b275d1b1-cdfb-43f7-8f12-4557987cc1f1_300x300.jpg

12_300x300.jpg

some members asked about lighting

Last edited:
OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trip Update and Pictures

We did a 6 day trip to Moab/Colorado. The RAM is getting more and more dialed for how we use it. The new Rear set up worked flawlessly on the trip. The springs handled all the weight well. With the full load she still had a slight rake which was a vast improvement over last time. The 2.0 Shocks from Icon really held up well to the abuse. We did multiple trails throughout the 2 states. handled it all with ease. Highway driving also we greatly improved. I was able to run 80+ with no problems at all. This was a vast improvement over the last trip where anything over 75 was a death grip if a semi passed.

The front will be next for an upgrade. The 5100's are doing well, and in theory would be plenty for my needs. However I got a little taste for some speed through the sand, and now I wanna go fast! Watching built SxS's blast through the trail at 50+ mph made me wanna do it too. :Big Laugh: So I think some 2.5 Front coilovers are next. My only problem is I want something in the 2.75-3in front lift range. I like having the articulation ability when playing on the rocks. I was very nice being able to stuff the tires at full lock and have no rub. So will see what happens there. As of now Icon is my first choice.

More underbody protection is also on the future list. I did manage to nail the T-Case skid while in moab.

IMG_8834.jpg

This is a little PSA to all of you out there who do this kind of stuff in Grizzly Territory. Don't bring your dogs! We had set up camp at a great little spot in the Rampart Range area of Colorado Springs. We're all having a great time doing all the camp stuff, when a bear decided to just walk right in our campsite. He came within about 4ft of us. We threw the dogs in the truck and made ourselves very large. By the grace of God he turned around and got out of camp. We promptly packed up and got out of that area. I did manage to snag a picture unknowing with the bear in it. He came onto the road and to our tree line in the picture to give a reference of how close.

IMG_8830.JPG

IMG_8833.PNG

Pics.

IMG_8828.jpg

4C45BC54-1E4E-49CB-8802-C0C0A25DD78C.jpg

IMG_8467.jpg

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_8416.jpg

IMG_8445.jpg

Shameless plug: if anyone is looking for a good affordable Bed Rack for your RTT check out our site 109overland.com They hold 1000 lbs, are fully adjustable. PM me and we can do custom colors. We did Ford red for my buddies rack and it turned out awesome!

IMG_8793.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8830.JPG
    IMG_8830.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A little update for my records.

Scored a fantastic deal on a camper shell that came off of 3500 Dually. It bolted right up perfectly. However that same day my dog decided to be a ****** and eat a bunch of wood we had laying around. So with a very hefty Vet bill I just decided to flip the shell.

IMG_9004.jpg

IMG_9011.jpg

Fast Forward a little bit, picked up a used Rambar off of a TRX and it fits on the 4th gen/5th Gen HD 6.4 bed.... Not without a little cutting though. Had to remove some spacers on the underside, and trim off a little of the tab that goes in the bed stake position. Quick work with a cut off wheel though.

IMG_9105.jpg

There is still room to put the tent and rack on with the Rambar!

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A little winter maintenance here.

Let my little brother in law wash the truck, and he managed to destroy the vinyl under the headlights..... So I took the opportunity to clean under the flairs in the repair job. I decided to do a paint match instead of vinyl, and the vinyl was way easier. The plastic takes so much prep time to get the paint to stick. But, this is how RAM should send these trucks out from the factory....

IMG_9196.jpg

65905237156__2770C191-1537-4828-9AAA-8836C4991EAE.fullsizerender.jpg

65905239733__2315CDEA-4DB2-4A03-B95E-4593C8DCC212.jpg

I love the look of the flairs but the dirt underneath is very concerning long term. This is about 6-7 months worth of dirt.

IMG_9173.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well after almost 2 years and 40,000 miles later I got my first dent on the truck.... and sadly not the fun way off road. Some idiot decided to do a hit and run on me in a parking lot of a HyVee. Unfortunately Hyvee won't release any video footage unless requested by an insurance company. So Instead of spending the 500 deductible on the same bumper I'm going to build my own.

IMG_9421.jpg

At this point I think I'm going to be doing a mix of the ADD bumper combined with @revitupmoto33 's bumper he built. Also I'm going to attempt a good winch mount somewhere in the mix. If anyone has any tips or tricks feel free to let me know!

dodge-ram-bumper.jpg

446734C0-5FDB-441D-9252-F4B467E684C6.jpeg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Looks great!

I'm with you on the flares, they offer awesome protection/aesthetics at the expense of trapping dirt etc. I've been running flareless for a while now, and almost bought a set, but I'm having second thoughts honestly. My flaps and running boards stop like 85% of the crud down the side of the truck, and it's much easier to not worry what's trapped behind.

As for front suspension upgrades, if you are thinking 2.5s I really love my icons especially since Nick here on the forums can get you a bang up price on them which puts them not far above 6112s. My truck doesn't "offroad" in the formal sense much anymore, but I spend ALOT of time on job sites that resemble the Baja500 and they never miss a beat when I decide to have a little fun.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great!

I'm with you on the flares, they offer awesome protection/aesthetics at the expense of trapping dirt etc. I've been running flareless for a while now, and almost bought a set, but I'm having second thoughts honestly. My flaps and running boards stop like 85% of the crud down the side of the truck, and it's much easier to not worry what's trapped behind.

As for front suspension upgrades, if you are thinking 2.5s I really love my icons especially since Nick here on the forums can get you a bang up price on them which puts them not far above 6112s. My truck doesn't "offroad" in the formal sense much anymore, but I spend ALOT of time on job sites that resemble the Baja500 and they never miss a beat when I decide to have a little fun.

I Think I'm going to get the flare weather striping that goes on the bushwhackers so it'll seal and I can run them in the summer, and take them off for the winter.

It'll be a complete toss up on my front till spring.... Daily I go back and forth between the bils and Icons.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How's the roof rack holding up? It's on my shortlist. Planning for March but I don't have any patience for anything...

Its holding up well! no rust and no movement thus far (I also put silicon on all the Nutserts - Probably a bad idea if I ever want to remove it.) The roof rack however has had as much impact on MPG's as the 35's. This truck has mostly highway miles so that may be a factor in that. From about 65mph and up the wind on the rack is felt.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well now that is something to consider.. I didn't lose much going to 35's but lost about 2-3 mpg easy with the bumper. But Speed limit here is 70, I normally cruise at about 75 sometimes 80 depending on distance. hmmm. I wonder is changing the lights or taking them off would help at all.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well now that is something to consider.. I didn't lose much going to 35's but lost about 2-3 mpg easy with the bumper. But Speed limit here is 70, I normally cruise at about 75 sometimes 80 depending on distance. hmmm. I wonder is changing the lights or taking them off would help at all.

A light bar *might* get marginally better gas mileage. But no lights at all would be the best bet with that rack. Still will probably loose an mpg.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I Think I'm going to get the flare weather striping that goes on the bushwhackers so it'll seal and I can run them in the summer, and take them off for the winter.

It'll be a complete toss up on my front till spring.... Daily I go back and forth between the bils and Icons.
If you do decide to run them against the paint get some clear vinyl between where the flare will sit. My old bushwackers ate down to bare metal on my 06 and I tried some super soft pliable stuff on this truck and even still it required wet sanding to hide the scratches it left. Im still torn myself. It's like.....do you let the tires hammer the truck with road crud without flares, or let the flares trap stuff and add extra maintenance annually

Having had both, you'll be happy with either option for sure between front setups.