2019 Ram 1500 Limited Dashboard problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leandro Cowley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2019 Limited has 11,400 miles and has developed this bubbling dashboard in a couple of different areas on drivers side. The dealer told me it would need to be replaced. I don't know what's more disappointing, the fact that this new vehicle, who has won awards for its interior needs to have the dashboard replaced or that it is on backorder with no ETA?
Someone please tell me who I need to talk to because this is entirely inappropriateIMG_9194.jpg IMG_9195.jpg IMG_9196.jpg IMG_9194.jpg IMG_9194.jpg IMG_9195.jpg IMG_9195.jpg IMG_9195.jpg .

IMG_9197.jpg

IMG_9198.jpg

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I don't understand your "problem" and need to "talk to someone". The adhesive failed, your dealer has approved the replacement and unfortunately it's on backorder which isn't unusual or surprising right now with all of the Covid shutdowns.
You have a truck that works, it's getting you from A to B. You don't have a safety concern. Have them call you when it arrives and get it replaced. And..... move on with your life.

OP
OP
L

Leandro Cowley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need a number, a contact, an office. this was not advertised as simply a vehicle that would get me from point A to Point B, I would of bought a Chevy for that. This is a Limited edition we're talking about here and your conformist attitude and covid excuse is not what i need.

Last edited:

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with op here. He probably just dropped $60k and if the part is on backorder it often means it’s a common problem. You expect perfection in a new vehicle, gluing a dash is not new to fca so I’ll certainly be disappointed if this happens to mine as well. There are other people here with the same problem. That should mean they know about it and will try to fix it properly

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I need a number, a contact, an office. this was not advertised as simply a vehicle that would get me from point A to Point B, I would of bought a Chevy for that. This is a Limited edition we're talking about here and your conformist attitude and covid excuse is not what i need.

Well said!

bill-e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3l EcoDiesel 3rd Gen
I've used armor all for years with no problems.
So have a lot of folks but the Limited dash is real leather which will allow products like ArmorAll totally migrate through it and we have no idea what glue is being used to bond the leather to the foam. RAM care instructions for the leather is warm soapy water and no conditioners etc.

While it's obviously not the OP's issue, I was curious if it was being used.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So have a lot of folks but the Limited dash is real leather which will allow products like ArmorAll totally migrate through it and we have no idea what glue is being used to bond the leather to the foam. RAM care instructions for the leather is warm soapy water and no conditioners etc.

Is my Laramie real leather? If so I better re-think my armour all.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I get it that stuff happens and things fail, but on such a new, low mileage and expensive truck it makes you sick to your stomach.

You can call all the FCA 1-800's you want or email them, but you're still at the mercy of a Ram dealer as your window into FCA world (or whatever it's called these days).

This is exactly why I'll go the hard plastic, simple interior route every time, especially with a domestic product like a Ram.

FWIW, a co-worker of mine had similar interior problems with his ~$70K king ranch F150 and the dealer kept managing to screw other interior bits up every time they attempted a repair. This would be my fear in this situation. Not ragging on the dealer techs, because most of them probably just don't have the experience with this type of repair. I know I can't get a dash out or apart without mangling or breaking something..

Leandro, keep us posted on how this works out.

BowDown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with op here. He probably just dropped $60k and if the part is on backorder it often means it’s a common problem. You expect perfection in a new vehicle, gluing a dash is not new to fca so I’ll certainly be disappointed if this happens to mine as well. There are other people here with the same problem. That should mean they know about it and will try to fix it properly

No, parts likely on BO due to limited production of the part with new parts going for production vehicles 1st.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
That's a major flaw on such a new truck. I've had many cars over my 50 years and more than a few motorcycles. The only time I've ever seen damage like this to a new dash was on a Honda Pacific Cost motorcycle. The PC's black dash would melt when the windscreen focused the sun onto a spot but the bike also had to be on very hot parking lot, with temps near 100F or above. Honda would replace the dash and windscreen together, the new screen had a slightly different curvature.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just out of curiosity, what do you want the outcome to be? In a perfect world, what do you see as the end result of what you're describing?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
RAM - would love the option of having a full metal dash like we had in trucks before 1976! I’ll take my chances on the safety issues and reduced fuel economy due to an all metal dash...loved them.

Ahhh, the good old days of selling gas from the carb and corn dogs or burritos roasting on the metal dash!

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If it is real leather it will need to be coated or the UV rays will destroy it in a few years. Modern adhesives (if they used a quality brand) would have no problem with a protector. Personally I have found ArmorAll attracts dust.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2019 Limited has 11,400 miles and has developed this bubbling dashboard in a couple of different areas on drivers side. The dealer told me it would need to be replaced. I don't know what's more disappointing, the fact that this new vehicle, who has won awards for its interior needs to have the dashboard replaced or that it is on backorder with no ETA?
Someone please tell me who I need to talk to because this is entirely inappropriateView attachment 223471 View attachment 223472 View attachment 223473 View attachment 223471 View attachment 223471 View attachment 223472 View attachment 223472 View attachment 223472 .

View attachment 223474

View attachment 223475

Living down there in they hot, muggy-ass Florida, you might wanna think about tinting your windows and getting you a good quality sunscreen for your windshield for when you park for long durations at a time. I don’t think really any kind of manufacturing is strong enough to withstand the damaging rays of sunlight.

But ya know, I feel your pain. Just be glad it’s under warranty and the replacement will be on their dime. But like I said, when you get that new dash– I would highly..... HIGHLY recommend putting a sunscreen in your windshield every time you park.

Last summer I had to have my headliner replaced because the glue they used to adhere the headliner to the plastic framework around the opening for my sunroof to the roof of the cab had failed and my headliner was starting to fall down. Aggravated me too because my headliner was on back order but like I said, stuff like this happens especially in the summertime when it’s hot. I don’t live in Florida but living down here in southern Oklahoma, it gets pretty well hot enough down here in the summertime to really do some interior damage. That’s why my windows are tinted and because the dash in my 2018 Limited is so pretty… not sure if it’s actual leather or not but since it’s a really good looking dash, I don’t wanna put one of those dash mats over it so that’s why every time I park, I always make sure I have my sunscreen in the windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RD Holland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same the issue and it started like yours. Now the right side is warped and splitting exposing the underneath. I never used any cleaner on the dash. I think they simply can't handle the Alabama sun. Dodge is going to fix this one (unlike my 2001 when the dashboard started cracking and eventually collapsed). How long will it last though?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963