2019 Ram 3500 no power issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freddy3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2 week old truck is having some power issues, three times this week the power in my truck has gone out. The first time when I came out to my truck in the morning to leave for work the power was completely out, my first thought was my fob was bad so I used the key to open the door only to discover the power was completely gone (like it the battery was disconnected) I locked and unlocked the door a couple times to see if this fixed it but nope. I checked the batteries, both were well connected. After about 2-3 minutes of messing around with it the power came back on. The menu screens rebooted and all was fine, so I drove to work... no problems until two days later... Again in the morning, I opened the drivers door (had power), closed it and opened the driver side rear door to put my bag in the backseat, closed the door and reopened the drivers door only to find the power out again. I tried the same steps as last time to try and fix, same results came on after a couple minutes. I drove to work and all was fine until the next day when I got home from work, I turned off the truck and exited it, opened the rear door, closed it and went to lock the doors with the fob... dead again....

Has anyone had these issues or heard of them? My local dealer said they have never seen or heard of this... it is there now being looked at

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Batteries maybe? Low/dead batteries can do weird things. Mine had to be replaced in my truck at a few thousand miles.

bigdodge

Reaction score
When I bought my 15 I had this issue. It would be completely dead like the battery was unhooked. When I would attach jumper cables the power would instantly come on. It was very random and would go weeks without a issue. What I found was one of the battery terminals was too loose. It was clean, it looked perfectly fine but as soon as I wiggled it power came on instantly. Tightened it down good and haven't had an issue in over a year. I know it sounds too easy and obvious but sometimes it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Freddy3500

Freddy3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got it back from the dealer... they said one of the battery cables was bad, they also replaced a wiring harness. The service guy was looking at me like I was crazy/an idiot when I dropped it off, thankfully when they went to work on it it died on them too.