2019 RAM CHECK ENGINE LIGHT 3 TIMES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bonehead99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e-torque
they did the same to me...….multiple visits one work order....dealer stated that since I did not have my truck that I would not have to pay my monthly lease payment..Waiting to here from Chrysler. They had my truck for 21 days

Troutslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2019 Ram Laramie from Blue Ridge CDJR of Martinsville, VA on Jan. 8,2019. I live about 42 miles from the dealer which is the closest to me. When I picked up the truck it had 105 miles. At 165 miles the engine light came on. To make a long story short the light has now come on for the fifth time at 1125 miles. Most of the miles on this truck are from driving it to and from the dealership and them test driving it. The first two times I waited for them to fix it and drove home. The third time they had it three days and the fourth time eight days and it's now just Feb. 1st. The truck has been sitting in my garage for two days. They say it gives some kind of Air Flow Code. I have a case number with Chrysler but I'm starting to feel like there just saying we hate it for you but there's nothing we can do. This truck has made my life miserable and I'm at a loss of what to do if Chrysler can't help me.

OP
OP
B

Bonehead99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e-torque
I bought a 2019 Ram Laramie from Blue Ridge CDJR of Martinsville, VA on Jan. 8,2019. I live about 42 miles from the dealer which is the closest to me. When I picked up the truck it had 105 miles. At 165 miles the engine light came on. To make a long story short the light has now come on for the fifth time at 1125 miles. Most of the miles on this truck are from driving it to and from the dealership and them test driving it. The first two times I waited for them to fix it and drove home. The third time they had it three days and the fourth time eight days and it's now just Feb. 1st. The truck has been sitting in my garage for two days. They say it gives some kind of Air Flow Code. I have a case number with Chrysler but I'm starting to feel like there just saying we hate it for you but there's nothing we can do. This truck has made my life miserable and I'm at a loss of what to do if Chrysler can't help me.

OP
OP
B

Bonehead99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e-torque
Chrysler came through with a refunded lease payment and the problem was fixed for now....but you have to stay on their backs . The service from dealer was okay but got better with the problem ticket opened to Chrysler.. stay with it pain in the ass for a new truck.

Hutch8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear of this. Same thing happened last night in my brand new Laramie Sport at 625 miles. I am hoping this is a easy fix. I spent a lot of time doing research prior to buying my first RAM product. My last vehicles were a 2005 Ford F150 Lariat (180k miles, minimal problems) and 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (absolutely problem free and no fit/finish issues). I have already noticed several fit/finish issues on the Ram and if this engine light becomes a major thing I will definitely reassess my next purchase. My dealer is 90 miles away.

Hutch8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: Took my Ram to the dealer and they fixed the engine light problem while I waited. The light has remained off so far. The description on the service sheet was:

"1 4861959AC DETECTOR-EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM"
"INTEGRIT"

Paul Massey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi,

I’m facing the same issue with my 2019 ram Laramie. Check engine light came on 3 weeks ago and a day after I picked it up from the dealership the light appeared again. Now I’ve had to bring it back to the dealership 3 times in the weeks.... the service tech states that the issue is with the active grill shutters and they replaced them on the most recent visit. I picked it up from the dealership Friday and today (Sunday) the light has come on again. Super frustrating and time consuming. Any suggestions on a fix?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Hi,

I’m facing the same issue with my 2019 ram Laramie. Check engine light came on 3 weeks ago and a day after I picked it up from the dealership the light appeared again. Now I’ve had to bring it back to the dealership 3 times in the weeks.... the service tech states that the issue is with the active grill shutters and they replaced them on the most recent visit. I picked it up from the dealership Friday and today (Sunday) the light has come on again. Super frustrating and time consuming. Any suggestions on a fix?

Do you know what the error code is? Asking why the CEL comes on without posting what the code is sort of pointless. It could be anything, for all we know the truck forgot what the number nine tastes like..
One I do know, find a different dealership because the tech there sounds clueless or go talk to the sales manager about lemon law that truck.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know what the error code is? Asking why the CEL comes on without posting what the code is sort of pointless. It could be anything, for all we know the truck forgot what the number nine tastes like..
One I do know, find a different dealership because the tech there sounds clueless or go talk to the sales manager about lemon law that truck.

Agreed on both points, need to know what code it is throwing and if the dealer is just taking a stab in the dark at your problem like that, time to find a new dealer.

Lucky Larry d

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
High output Cummins
I bought a new 2019 RAM 3500 with 40 miles on it. It's been in the shop 3 times with check engine light problems and unusual noises when towing. Thankfully the dealership has me in a rental until the problem can be fixed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990