2019 Rebel Missing Sealant [Pics]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, can't go into details, but I'm going to be getting out of the truck soon.

Somewhere along the assembly line a robot ran out of sealant for an entire section of the truck. You can see where new sealant was manually applied on the side and underneath the truck. One thing I am worried about is it appears some of the sealant is above welds - so it may be weld gaps being covered by sealant (which will wear off eventually).

I do not think my truck is an outlier. My 2019 tradesman loaner also leaked.

I've attached some pictures with the hopes that if you have an issue you can just show this to the dealer. Mine had to go to the body shop to get to the issue. Even after the sealant was applied, at the last minute, a smoke machine revealed another leak toward the firewall of the truck (my service manager was amazing).

Big thanks to @Johnny P for sharing info on here. If not for him, I would have found this when it was too late.

I've been driving dodge/ram since I was in high school. Sadly, after this experience with this truck and FCA, this will be my last mopar unless it's an old cuda or roadrunner.
IMG_4051.JPG IMG_4053.JPG

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks like its exactly where mine were..Ram refused to negotiate after they filled the seams and said the truck is fixed.They also said that if water was getting into the electrical and electronics that the problem would have shown itself already.we just had like a month and a half of on and off rain and no More leaks.My Lawyer is keeping the case on hold incase we have any more issues in the future..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Theo2019

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Was water running inside your cab?
Yes, the driver side carpet was saturated from rain / wet roads. It was replaced because of mildew but the leak persisted. I took a napkin and pressed it into the carpet and it destroyed the napkin from the amount of water.