2021 Ram BTS Build question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob H 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good day group. I was just looking at my build sheet for my 2021 Ram 1500 BTS and one of the extras with my truck was a 33 Gal fuel tank, but while reviewing the Build sheet according to my VIN it shows that but it also shows "Additional 5 gal. fuel" as another option I have. DOes anyone know if that 5 Gal. of fuel is included as part of the 33 Gal tank or in addition to it? Thanks in advance
R

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that they pour 5 gallons of fuel into the tank at the assembly plant
4 of those gallons just keep the fuel pump cool, the 5th gallon is used to drive onto the freight car & or truck car hauler

Most dealers will put at least 1/2 tank of gas in the Ram at the dealership
My dealer filled my tank before i drove it off the lot
But fuel was at least $1.00 cheaper per gallon then

Now that you have a new Ram, heed this advise, do not top off your fuel tank at fill ups
When the pump clicks off, glance at your gauge, if it looks like it is almost full, do not top off, do not keep clicking the handle to round off the numbers either.

Topping off can trigger built in smog valves, once triggered, your tank will have issues when you try to gas up.