2023 Ram 1500 Orders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was almost going to pay MSRP with one local dealer, when I started reading the forums. I found a post on a TRX forum , basically that person had ordered a TRX through Granger in Iowa. I emailed Granger and they sent me a quote for a RAM HD1500 4% below invoice. I asked another local dealer to match (not the first) , and they said the lowest they could go was invoice. The MSRP (First dealer) wouldn't budge on price. This brought me to the conclusion that
1. Some dealers are volume dealers, and if you are willing to go to them, because they may not be local, they will give you the volume discount (Granger , out of Des Moines Iowa., there are some out of Texas and Louisiana). These dealers are not too interested in the dealer add ons and markups, because in a volume game they want to get you out the door with as little friction as possible. From a customer standpoint, it is a a little more effort.
2. Some dealers have a limited number of customers they can handle, so will go the invoice price route (price somewhere between invoice and MSRP). I don't really blame them, their capacity is limited, so they would need to sell at a higher price to keep the lights on.
3. Some dealers just don't care, and are sharks. These are the ones adding fees on top of fees, markups, ADM. I can guarantee you they will add a ton of markups when you go to pick up the truck, ruining the whole experience. Better to stay away if possible. They work on the asymmetric information principle, i.e. they have more information than you while negotiating. The Internet is a great leveler, and like the end of every GI Joe episode "knowing is half the battle". If you must deal with them, do your research.

Edit: wanted to mention Granger does actually advertise the 4% below invoice. I saw it on a forum ad. Another place as well, Koon's (I think)

Great insight, thank you. I wonder if these dealers are happy to tell you that they are a volume dealer…..
I did contact Mark Dodge in lake Charles LA, had seen some good reviews about them. Makes sense now that they are on the volume train.
I do get affiliate pricing, and they can already beat that. Sent them my build, see what comes of it.
What concerns me is buying out of state. issues with a new purchase usually go through the salesman that sold you the car (paint flaw, or a small dent, etc.). I’m afraid if I have an issue, my local dealer will send me back to where it was purchased.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
.... What concerns me is buying out of state. issues with a new purchase usually go through the salesman that sold you the car (paint flaw, or a small dent, etc.). I’m afraid if I have an issue, my local dealer will send me back to where it was purchased.
Not really the Case.
AT ALL!
Dealerships consist of various individual Departments, Each with their own Dept Head, or Manager. He reports to the GM, Owner, or Dealer Principal. Depending on Dealership size and number of Employees. Think of a local outfit,, like Toms Plumbing, where Tom is every position, from Labor to Owner then consider General Electric, with hundreds, if not thousands, of Company Officers. each with a more impressive Title than the one below.

So, many departments.

Sales is simply that, Sales. they did not build the Truck. They certainly will not fix it. Nor will the swap it out with another. To a Layman, or Outsider, it may appear that a troubled Truck was taken back to the sales staff, manager or whatever. Paint fixed, Dent fixed, even entire truck taken back into inventory, swapped out with a brand new truck, but that is not what actually happened. The Sales staff sells. They only sell. If anything is done, it is paid for, by somebody.

Now, those sales staff members may guide you through the dealership various depts and try to assist you in making you happy, but at teh end of teh day, that is up to the individual sales person. Just as we all have different levels of Compassion, Empathy or general Helpfulness, so to do sales people. the n there is level of Expertise amongst each of us, as well as, each of the sales people you may encounter. Some know, more than others, can get more done, than others. This also applies to yoru Service Advisoer, Technicians, and every other person, in every other job, in the World. Think of where you work.

I have no data, for today. years ago, the auto industry figured that a person moved outside a dealerships customer area, eveery 3 years, People were thought to buy a car, ever 4 years, so if the dealer/sales person did sell you, that day you showed up, odds were, he would never sell you anything and not make any money. This si where high pressured Sales came into play.
they did not care if they ticked you off and you never came back, because just like playing Blackjack, they were playing the Odds.

let;s say they made you so mad, you wanted to go Postal on them. But, did not want to spend Life in Prison, so you did what most everyone else would, you badmouthed the Cretins. Here again, national data says you directly influenced 10 people, each of them directly influenced 5 people, those influenced 2 people. so, if a dealer made you mad, they would get a bad opinion spread to about 60 people. Small Town, they are going to do more to help you out.
Small town, you do not move as much. Large City, who gives rats **** how mad you get. Specially if you area pencil pushing Sheldon Type of Dweeb, Yeah, you may influence 60 people but thos 60- know you and it aint; really gonna hurt much, so, make the sales person mad, they are going to have fun making you even madder. Been there, done it myself. Guess what? Sales people have bad days, their kids get sick, they stayed out late drinking and their Wife;s are mad. Sending a Sheldon into Oribt can really out a smile on that droopy face and make that sales person ready for a positive day of making money.

My all time favorite was a SHeldon, with all his print outs, telling me exactly hwo much he shoudl pay. Took about 2 minutes to realixe this idiot would not let me make any money, whatsoever. My Commission would be the Minimum and Daddy don;t get out of bed for that. Leaned in, conspiratorially explained, he did not have to go all From on High and pumped up for Battle, I did not Know him, I did not Know what button of HIS to push, but I had worked for mt Sales Manager for over a decade (A Lie) and I did Know which of his buttons to push, I wanted what the Customer wantd, to conclude our business with one another and get him out of that dealership, as quickly as possible.

Would he truly love a Good Buy?
the best I've ever done?

yeah?

Well, Goodbye! Get the hell off the property you F'ing Retard.

I got to sit back and watch this Human Chicken run around the dealership, talk to every single person of Importance, and many of none, for the next hour.
That littel Incident, first thing on a slow day, adjsuted my overhung attitude, so well, that I sold 5 or 6 cars, on a horrible overcast, cold, slow day. If Sheldon had not come in, I not been walking back from flirting with the Office Hotties and literallly bumped into him. I probably would have nursed my Hangover, all day. Not sold a thing & not made any money.
But, I digress.

Regarding Dealerships not fixing trucks purchased elsewhere. They have to. They literally have no choice and cannot refuse to fix your truck, or anything with that manufacturers, that still has warranty. It;s part of their Franchisee Contract. If they do not honor their Franchisee Contract, they stand to lose their Dealership. They will keep the Ground, the pavement, the buildings , but it is that Logo on the Signage that is worth the Money. It's called Blue Sky. If you ever buy a dealership, even a USed one near a New Car Dealership, you are buying all the physical property but you are also paying for the Blue Sky and that is what they try to make the most valuable. Costs them nothing to create but makes them Wealth, once created. Not unlike those Bitcoin Bilionaires. Worth Billions, on Monday, Nothing, on Friday.

Blue Sky.

Again, I digress.

They got to fix your truck. If you complain about Dealer, to the Brand, it hurts.
I mean, it can really hurt. A legitimate, legal binding Complaint, not a Sheldon COmplaint. if you are a jerk to teh Brands representative, guess what? Theya re liek everyone, eveery where. They have emotions, can cover a lot of stuff up and can enjoy sending a HUman Chicken into ORbit, just like the rest of us.

SO, if Ram Cares ever pops in, gives you some phone info, you call that person and get a total Dumbarse, play nice. Be Happy, Be Kind. Do not let your frustration anger, hurt, lack of self esteem, Mommy/Daddy Issues, puff up your Righteous Indignation to He-man proportions.

Balloons get popped.

If you truly do not care, that's another matter. Rant and Rave, all you want.
However, just liek a 2 yr old in a store, ain;t really going to do much good, other than make ya feel better.

Now, how can that Dealership, legally, get away without fixing your truck, that you bought somewhere else?
Shop is too Busy. poor Guy wants to fix your purchased elsewhere truck but he has to push your appointment, back, to meet the Needs of his Customers, that actually kept hsi dealership alive by purchasing from him. He cannot do so, indefintely, but he can do so. H can also put his worst technician on your car. It;s only warranty work, does not pay well and that guy who just got promoted from Busting tires needs to learn how to turn a wrench. He can order the parts, instead of pulling them off the parts dept shelves. Keep those parts for his Customers. There are a ton of ways or him to abide by his Franchise Agreement but, in the end, he will have to fix it.

Why? Aside from the legal part? Why does he fear your reporting him to the Brand?

Because, sooner or later, there is going to be brand new 'Zork', with a XYZ trim level, that everyone on the planet simply must have and will hurriedly pay , through the nose, to own it. If he falls out of the Brands good graces, he will never see that Zork. All that PRfit will be losst. He will not have one to advertise, he will never get a customer ordered one actually built. Hear about guys who order their truck adn get them in6 weeks or 4 months? Some wait 6 months or longer?

Guess what, that is Dealership Allotments, right there. How good is that dealers individual standing with the Brand. How well has he created a friendship with his Brand Rep. Christ, even comes down to how good is his relationship with the Brands Finance heads. Dos no good to sell a hundred cars, every single day, if you canoot get that purchase agreemnt, loan agreement paperwork 'bought', by the bank.

The bank, most motivated to see that sold car, actually drive off the lot, is the brands Bank.

Just like a Marriage, everything comes into play and has an effect.

Lastly, that Fear of the local guy doing any of that stuff. So what?
Not like it's going to the dealership, weekly, for repairs. If the situation is small town enough that he would get miffed ya bought elsewhere, its small town enough, he is sweating your influence on others. If it ain't that small town enough, there are going to be other options, for repair, nearby.

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
.... What concerns me is buying out of state. issues with a new purchase usually go through the salesman that sold you the car (paint flaw, or a small dent, etc.). I’m afraid if I have an issue, my local dealer will send me back to where it was purchased.
Not how it works.

Just wrote out a Thesis on Auto Everything, from Corporate, down to the Dealership level, only to run into the 1000 word per post limit.

Short Version?
Trucks do not usually have many trips, to the dealer, for warranty work, per truck.
Dealer ONLY sees my truck for Warranty work.
if you get one that does try the 'you didn't buy it here' crap,
simply walk away, with a smile.

Turn him into the Manufacturer, and State Attorney General.
Be Nice about it, at all times, and do it with a Smile on your face and in your Heart.
He just violated his Franchise Agreement and, usually, State Law.
Give him more headaches then he just gave you.

AAA is cheap and will tow. 200 miles, once per year, 100 miles, 3 times per year.

Rarely does anyone have to travel, hours and hours, to get Service.

Get a price from the 4% under invoice guys, take it to local guy, tell him what he has to do.
See what it will cost, locally.

Even with all the dealers that got closed, by Chrysler, back in the 2000's.
Still plenty of options to be found.

Decide if his price is worth buying or if you are better off paying the expense of getting volume dealer priced truck, home.
Many look at it as paid vacation.
Buy from Volume Dealer and have a good time getting a truck from Ia, La or that Dealer up in Unabomber land.

I live near Granger, Iowa.
Have never bought there.
My Money. My Decision. My Reasons.

Figure out yours.

If you, or anyone buying from Granger, have any Iowa Questions, where to stay, what to do, IM me.
Will help, best I can.

Granger is easy to find. Just head out of town, until you hear the Banjo's playing.
Turn around if you hear Spanish being spoken &/or smell the Slaughter Houses.
You've passed Granger & are close to Perry.

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That was a great read gentlemen, thank you. Always find what I’m looking for here. I guess out of state it is, I do not have any large volume dealers in my area, and I can easily travel. I’ve been randomly going to dealers websites that I’ve seen are high-volume, and emailing my build sheet. Maybe there’s an easier way.

griff123

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Many of you all getting your status changed from D to D1. My order was confirmed on 15 Nov and is still in D status.

griff123

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My order was confirmed Sept. 9 and I am still sitting at that status!!! I am not good at being patient!!
Me either, I would at least like to know a production date even if it's months away. At least then I know.

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I priced an order today, started at 4% below invoice, got them down a little more to 69.9k
Limited in granite, night pkg, level 1equip, sunroof and ram boxes. How does that price compare to what you guys have seen? I wonder if waiting a few months into 23 would better.
Reason I say that, they told me 6–9 months if I ordered today, this is a high-volume dealer. when I priced one in November it was about 6 to 8 weeks. What gives.

Rodp84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I checked my order and it says that it is scheduled for 14 Dec!

ViperRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Rebel G/T Night Edition
Engine
Hemi. 5.7 eTorque
Very Jealous! My Rebel G/T wasn't ordered until Dec 1, so I'm thinking April for taking delivery....

jaxerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not how it works.

Just wrote out a Thesis on Auto Everything, from Corporate, down to the Dealership level, only to run into the 1000 word per post limit.

Short Version?
Trucks do not usually have many trips, to the dealer, for warranty work, per truck.
Dealer ONLY sees my truck for Warranty work.
if you get one that does try the 'you didn't buy it here' crap,
simply walk away, with a smile.

Turn him into the Manufacturer, and State Attorney General.
Be Nice about it, at all times, and do it with a Smile on your face and in your Heart.
He just violated his Franchise Agreement and, usually, State Law.
Give him more headaches then he just gave you.

AAA is cheap and will tow. 200 miles, once per year, 100 miles, 3 times per year.

Rarely does anyone have to travel, hours and hours, to get Service.

Get a price from the 4% under invoice guys, take it to local guy, tell him what he has to do.
See what it will cost, locally.

Even with all the dealers that got closed, by Chrysler, back in the 2000's.
Still plenty of options to be found.

Decide if his price is worth buying or if you are better off paying the expense of getting volume dealer priced truck, home.
Many look at it as paid vacation.
Buy from Volume Dealer and have a good time getting a truck from Ia, La or that Dealer up in Unabomber land.

I live near Granger, Iowa.
Have never bought there.
My Money. My Decision. My Reasons.

Figure out yours.

If you, or anyone buying from Granger, have any Iowa Questions, where to stay, what to do, IM me.
Will help, best I can.

Granger is easy to find. Just head out of town, until you hear the Banjo's playing.
Turn around if you hear Spanish being spoken &/or smell the Slaughter Houses.
You've passed Granger & are close to Perry.
Been dealing with Granger last few days, these people are crooks. My build from my local dealer was less with no discounts, but I do get affiliate pricing. this is a high-volume dealer advertising 4% below invoice. well, it’s not really 4% when they raise the price is it…. They jack up all the add-on and package prices by a lot. My local build was 78K, somehow with their Fuckery calculator, came up with 81k for the same build. What?? Lvl1 group, night pkg, 3.92…all padded. I have the other build sheet, and there’s no way Ram in a week just upped level1 by $500….They say they didn’t set the prices, they’re full of ****

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ordered on 9/7/22, Red, night edition Bighorn for wife and White, night edition Rebel for me. Bighorn is built and sitting in local railyard, supposed to hit dealer next week and Rebel is built and waiting to be shipped, dealer saying mid January.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Been dealing with Granger last few days, these people are crooks. My build from my local dealer was less with no discounts, but I do get affiliate pricing. this is a high-volume dealer advertising 4% below invoice. well, it’s not really 4% when they raise the price is it…. They jack up all the add-on and package prices by a lot. My local build was 78K, somehow with their Fuckery calculator, came up with 81k for the same build. What?? Lvl1 group, night pkg, 3.92…all padded. I have the other build sheet, and there’s no way Ram in a week just upped level1 by $500….They say they didn’t set the prices, they’re full of ****
Color me confused.
Affiliate pricing is the same price, on same truck, everywhere in USA.

Nevermind,
No longer care.

9ERR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
Ordered a Laramie on 9/22 and still no scheduled build date. They should schedule based on when orders are received, correct?

MoPard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I received an email from Ram that my Rebel went into the production queue on Dec 14th (3 months 2 days after order). Dealer said yesterday I have an estimated shipping date of 1-9-23 but no delivery date. To you guys here in the know: Do you have a guesstimate how long before delivery at the dealership?

Goodone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I ordered my Limited in Patriot Blue on 11/21 and just got notification that it’s scheduled for production on 12/15. It gives no production date nor estimated delivery dates so really not sure how long that all takes….

durung

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered a Laramie with everything available packages, air suspension etc. You can build 2023 Ram 1500 online now and noticed Level B no heated second row seat, no under seat storage, changed interior trim color on night edition from dark gray/brown to bright silver, no 12 in cluster, paying extra for tow hitch on A TRUCK common Stelantis. $5000 more base price then 2022 model and less equipment ? I am considering to cancel my order and keep 2022 Laramie.