3.5" 8 ohm speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One good thing is that the sail panels (officially called mirror covers) are cheap.

That reminds me, I need to grab a spare pair just to have on hand.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They handle 85 watts rms which is more than plenty than what I'd need. That's another thing is I'm debating if I'd want to put tweeters in the sail. I don't want to tear it up too much. lol

They're too deep. Wouldn't fit.
They sell spacers you install behind the mounting plate to move them out so the magnet doesn’t hit. Wasn’t sure if you were aware.

OP
OP
sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They sell spacers you install behind the mounting plate to move them out so the magnet doesn’t hit. Wasn’t sure if you were aware.
Yeah. I know they sell those. lol. Ok, I'll admit it. I'm a cheap ass. I can't see spending $400 on a pair of 6x9's. I don't know if the return would justify the cost.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spent that on my tweeters... :banghead:

#NoImNotRich #YesIMayBeAnIdiot #ImPrettySureINeedAnAudioIntervention

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have zero rear speakers, no one who ever sits in the back seems to notice its only front speakers when they compliment the sound. I only have 6 speaker in my truck, 2 are subwoofers.

OP
OP
sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have zero rear speakers, no one who ever sits in the back seems to notice its only front speakers when they compliment the sound. I only have 6 speaker in my truck, 2 are subwoofers.
That's pretty much going to be the route I take. I'll leave the factory's in but might hook them up and might not. Idk. When the wife rides in the truck, I turn the music down because she's always flapping her gums and I can't enjoy 1 ****** song. lol. But I like to have the kids have something in their ears as we take a trip. But most of the time, they're usually on their devices so...it might not make 2 craps if there's music coming in the back or not.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's pretty much going to be the route I take. I'll leave the factory's in but might hook them up and might not. Idk. When the wife rides in the truck, I turn the music down because she's always flapping her gums and I can't enjoy 1 ****** song. lol. But I like to have the kids have something in their ears as we take a trip. But most of the time, they're usually on their devices so...it might not make 2 craps if there's music coming in the back or not.

Lol yeah music with wife in truck is a fact. She sits in the back time to time with the baby and I’ll have the radio almost too low for me to hear and I’ll hear her singing along, surprises me every time that she can hear it.

I spent a good amount of money on the front stage and it shows. The subwoofers are only on when I’m alone in the truck and no one to this day has told me I’m lacking bass when they are off, they are shocked when I fire them up that they were no my present at all. Of course 2 12’s ported under the rear seat on Rockford fosgate clean power gets pretty rowdy

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I ran a 2-way front stage with subs for years with rear door speakers disconnected and never had a complaint from the kids or my buddies who were back there from time to time.
Whenever my buddies are in the truck, awesome SQ is never a priority.

OP
OP
sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol yeah music with wife in truck is a fact. She sits in the back time to time with the baby and I’ll have the radio almost too low for me to hear and I’ll hear her singing along, surprises me every time that she can hear it.

I spent a good amount of money on the front stage and it shows. The subwoofers are only on when I’m alone in the truck and no one to this day has told me I’m lacking bass when they are off, they are shocked when I fire them up that they were no my present at all. Of course 2 12’s ported under the rear seat on Rockford fosgate clean power gets pretty rowdy
Hell yeah. 2 12's will definitely get someone's attention real quick. Do you have a fox box? I do for my 1 10 and it definitely sounds good. Especially for they type of music I listen to. :)

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell yeah. 2 12's will definitely get someone's attention real quick. Do you have a fox box? I do for my 1 10 and it definitely sounds good. Especially for they type of music I listen to. :)

Yup dual 12 ported fox box. Gets real carried away real fast

OP
OP
sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup dual 12 ported fox box. Gets real carried away real fast
I'm pretty impressed with their enclosures. Mine came in tip top condition with the pod already installed. For the amount of room in the truck under the seat and to make it ported, pretty decent stuff for the price.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty impressed with their enclosures. Mine came in tip top condition with the pod already installed. For the amount of room in the truck under the seat and to make it ported, pretty decent stuff for the price.
Mine were not already attached, but that only took 20 minutes. I beat up the sides of it going in to the truck but its invisible in the truck so who cares.

Thing beats down thats for sure.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone found an 8 ohm dash speaker other than the OEM one that actually fits our vehicles?

OP
OP
sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone found an 8 ohm dash speaker other than the OEM one that actually fits our vehicles?
The only one's I could find were the raw drivers I put a link to on the first page. You could be the guinea pig and try a set out to see how they sound. lol Just a little modification to them and they should pop right in.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Although this would be the simplest way to make our sound stage decent when going aftermarket, its a very very cheap mod to get them right.

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The factory 8 ohm dash speakers don't sound good and are a pain in the butt to find replacement. I ordered a set of these 8 ohm tweeters and inline bass blockers. These are for home audio but should work in this application. Should be able to get around to it next week for install, we'll see how it soundsupload_2018-9-29_17-25-55.jpeg