Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csauce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hey everyone, running into a little issue. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 3.6 51,000 miles. Been showing a cylinder 2 misfire, went in and switched plugs, still persistent. I am going to be changing the coil today and see if the issue is still around. My question is really residing, in the fact that, I have had no symptoms this whole time. No lose of power, no trouble starting or while at idle. Nothing associated with a misfire performance or sound wise. The code light has been known to turn on and off by itself. If the coil doesnt seem the be the issue what would your next course of action be?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

csauce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Also, if you broke clip from the wire connected to the coil, what would you do?

FLChris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I've got the same engine / problem with #2 @ 61000. Let me know if things improve with your changes. I definitely have idling and power loss issues. I changed plugs and it got better for a bit but not anymore. I'm getting ready to change the coil.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey everyone, running into a little issue. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 3.6 51,000 miles. Been showing a cylinder 2 misfire, went in and switched plugs, still persistent. I am going to be changing the coil today and see if the issue is still around. My question is really residing, in the fact that, I have had no symptoms this whole time. No lose of power, no trouble starting or while at idle. Nothing associated with a misfire performance or sound wise. The code light has been known to turn on and off by itself. If the coil doesnt seem the be the issue what would your next course of action be?

Thanks in advance.
My cylinder 2 fuel injector was just replaced with codes P0202 and P0302. That fixed the issue for me. I believe it is a common issue for 3.6L fuel injectors. Mine showed up after running a full tank of E85.