3.6L etorq

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CR Honest Abe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L etorque
I bave a 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Bighorn 4x4, with the 3.6L etorq engine and 3.55 gears. I have stock 18” wheels and 275/65r18 all terrain tires on the vehicle.

My fuel economy on the truck is between 23and 25 combined on trips. the worst it does in the city is 17-19mpg, depending on the hills and how quickly I try to get up it or the numerous traffic lights. Highway mpg averages between 23-26 mpg, even at 70mph. Actually i usually average 24-26mpg at highway speed in the 70mph speed zones.

I opted for the 3.55 gears on the truck because of the hills. 3.31 are good, but the mid gears seem to do better in hill country and works the truck engine less. Maintenance wise, the engine is still in it’s infancy (6k miles), but has performed flawlessly on trips, around town, hauling and fishing trips. The mild hybrid performs extremely well and gives the engine about 97 ft lbs of extra torque in the first few gears (getting going). so 269 fr lbs torque bumps up to about 366’ lbs of torque and 305 hp bumps up to about 320 hp. It’s roughly a little less oomph than Fords 2.7L ecoboost (325hp / 400’# torque), but without the twin turbos. No turbos on the Ram engine, which is why I bought it. I prefer less technology, not more. just the basic setup and not all of the extra computer stuff (more durable).