3 week old truck + 8 point buck = :'(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the way home, cruise set on 60, came around a curve and saw this monster sitting on the opposite shoulder in the grass. Slammed on the brakes and got to about 25-30mph before I hit him dead center. Couldn't be more devastated. The truck will be 3 weeks old Tuesday. I have the worst luck with wildlife. I can't seem to get a beast like this to walk out when I'm in the woods with gun...! :pp:

Wish I could figure out how to upload more than one picture...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 330
OP
OP
S

Silver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 199

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
new grille and new bumper fascia definitely. Can't tell if there is any other damage beneath. How are the headlights?

Yeah, I know what ya mean about not seeing them when ya got a gun in hand.

Good luck with the repairs!

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
that dont look to bad. mainly cosmetic. and like they say make every repair a mod. new amp hood and jj lights would look sweet.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ouch! I hope you kept the deer........I'd get the last laugh while I'm eating his ass. LOL

that dont look to bad. mainly cosmetic. and like they say make every repair a mod. new amp hood and jj lights would look sweet.

I like the way you think!

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice buck - far from ideal way to bag him. Hope you get your truck back together quick.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey! It wasn't a werewolf, but that silver bullet sure took it out ;).
But glad you ok and it didn't damage anything mechanical vs cosmetic.

Sent from my VS920 4G

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please tell me you kept the deer? If so do a euro mount with the skull and mount it to the front end when she's repaired. Let's all the other deer know you mean business. haha

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i agree, eat his ass and get the last laugh. damage doesnt look too bad surprisingly considering all the plastic on the front of these trucks

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That sucks man but could have been worse. glad you're ok..Hit an 8pnt 2 yrs ago too but think i have you beat on damage lol
IMG00026-20101121-1646.jpg
wreck1.jpg

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^^ thats how my charger looked when i hit a doe last yr in the middle of the night and took out one of my headlights

But like said above you can take advantage of this and do some mods lol

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sorry to see this buddy.
I play the deer game a little different. My dad always taught me you have to make a split second choice of can you stop or not? If you think you cannot then hammer the gas and lay on the horn. I have played it both ways and did not hit either time. Once was in my Chrysler LHS and thought I could stop and there were 3 so I tried it and was able to stop in time. The second was in my Durango and the thing was way too close no way I could stop so I hit the gas and laid on the horn the doe ran and I was spared from having to hit it but if I had I would have had the maximum momentum possible. In the cases where I have seen people almost stop and hit it the damage is worse.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like the deer hit you!

Ooo it did lol..was going around 50mph on little backroad and never saw it until its head was in my driver side window..It had to have been sprinting full speed when it hit me..prob on a trail of a hot doe since it was mid rut..***** ******** lol

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ohh and i never stop for deer on the side of the road or blow the horn which just scares them and might make them run into you...just slow down a little and drive by

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to see this buddy.
I play the deer game a little different. My dad always taught me you have to make a split second choice of can you stop or not? If you think you cannot then hammer the gas and lay on the horn. I have played it both ways and did not hit either time. Once was in my Chrysler LHS and thought I could stop and there were 3 so I tried it and was able to stop in time. The second was in my Durango and the thing was way too close no way I could stop so I hit the gas and laid on the horn the doe ran and I was spared from having to hit it but if I had I would have had the maximum momentum possible. In the cases where I have seen people almost stop and hit it the damage is worse.

I have always said if I am going to hit something like a deer might as well hit it at full speed that way it totals the vehicle. Nothing like paying a $500 deductible for a $700 bumper.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
They teach you over here just to keep your foot on the gas and drive straight...luckily the last time was with my old truck...hit a wild boar doing about 30 mph....no damage to my truck, but I guarentee the boar was feeling it the next day....9 inch lifted B2300 with 35s and a bull bar....hit him and the back corner and spun him around. Stopped and looked to see what damage had been done to both me and the boar. The **** was pissed, so I hauled a$$ outta there....