3GCustomz engine covers install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ordered the 3GCustomz bare steel covers with HEMI cutouts to jazz up my engine.
Taped off the HEMI cutout & the edges of the inserts (for better epoxy hold),
and after sanding some surface rust, used DuPont self-etching primer followed by their primer/sealer.
Sanding with 600, 800 & 1200 then 3 coats of VHT Chrysler Hemi Orange engine paint and Gloss Black for the inserts. Total time was 3 days with drying/sanding. Finished them with a coat of Carnuba wax.
Their epoxy was only enough for one insert, used JB Weld for the other.
Draped a pillowcase over them while installing so as not to scratch them. Right side was easy, left side I had to remove the Vararam, disconnect the brake booster hose & wiggle it in.
They're not an exact match with the Vararam lid, so I'm thinking of repainting it with the same VHT to match the covers. Pics are with & without the red strip lights I put on the underside of the intake.

Bare steel sanded & taped
aaMEk4O.jpg

Painted & waxed
t7beJF5.jpg

Right side
HhJb3Uv.jpg

Left side
IIgV3IA.jpg

Right lit up
61WbrXd.jpg

Left lit up
iQ7KiNS.jpg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

OP
OP
NJMOPAR

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thanks! They're actually pretty heavy, but I didn't want aluminum since I was painting them anyway.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great!!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks good!

I powdercoated the engine covers on my SRT8 which held up well to the heat and condition in that compartment.