4/6 or 5/7 axle to frame clearace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those of you that have Inez Hotrods 4/6 or 5/7 drop. How much clearance do you have between the rear axle and frame? Or how much difference between front and rear fender height?

I have a 4/6 drop but according to where I started I have dropped the rear 7 inches. On level ground the rear is 1/2 inch higher than the front. I have just over 2 inches clearance to the frame now. I would like to go down another 1/2 inch front and rear but I'm concerned about being too low and loosing the ride by having to add too much air the overload bags.

Tell me what you have and if you have any issues with bottoming out on the frame.
Thanks
Rod

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of you that have Inez Hotrods 4/6 or 5/7 drop. How much clearance do you have between the rear axle and frame? Or how much difference between front and rear fender height?

I have a 4/6 drop but according to where I started I have dropped the rear 7 inches. On level ground the rear is 1/2 inch higher than the front. I have just over 2 inches clearance to the frame now. I would like to go down another 1/2 inch front and rear but I'm concerned about being too low and loosing the ride by having to add too much air the overload bags.

Tell me what you have and if you have any issues with bottoming out on the frame.
Thanks
Rod
I am sitting about the same as you. I get rub in the front and bottom out the back on large dips/ bumps. I do have 3/8" bump stops in the rear. My wheel wells measure 31.25" front, 32" rear

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rlampman

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am sitting about the same as you. I get rub in the front and bottom out the back on large dips/ bumps. I do have 3/8" bump stops in the rear. My wheel wells measure 31.25" front, 32" rear

Thanks, at least that confirms what I have. Do you know or can you check? How much clearance do you have from your axle to frame at rear ride height. I too have a 3/8 bump stop. Trying to figure how someone can do a 5/7 drop if this is where I am with a 4/6.

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, at least that confirms what I have. Do you know or can you check? How much clearance do you have from your axle to frame at rear ride height. I too have a 3/8 bump stop. Trying to figure how someone can do a 5/7 drop if this is where I am with a 4/6.
I have 1.5" between the bump stop and frame. Less than 2" between axle and frame. I don't see how I could go lower without cutting/ notching for more clearance.

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you thought about a shorter tire combo to get a little lower? I went from stock 275/60-20 to a 275/55-20 and total tire height is just short of an inch shorter and I sit about 7/16 lower with the change. Just a thought.

OP
OP
rlampman

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you thought about a shorter tire combo to get a little lower? I went from stock 275/60-20 to a 275/55-20 and total tire height is just short of an inch shorter and I sit about 7/16 lower with the change. Just a thought.
That's exactly what I am planing. Trying to go with 275/50-20 and then lower another 1/2 inch front and rear. I like the tire to fender clearance now so with a lower tire I want to lower the suspension too. If not I will go with the 275/55-20 and keep the suspention the same. I know I can go down in the front but trying to see how if I'm at a 4/6 could I go to a 5/7. In the rear I don't think I can.
Would love to here from someone with 5/7 how close they are.

OP
OP
rlampman

rlampman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 1.5" between the bump stop and frame. Less than 2" between axle and frame. I don't see how I could go lower without cutting/ notching for more clearance.

That helps. Just about where I am now. I agree, would have to do something for clearance or make it stiff in the rear to go lower. That's why I wanted to see where others are. Especially someone with a 5/7! How is it done?

gbark80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's exactly what I am planing. Trying to go with 275/50-20 and then lower another 1/2 inch front and rear. I like the tire to fender clearance now so with a lower tire I want to lower the suspension too. If not I will go with the 275/55-20 and keep the suspention the same. I know I can go down in the front but trying to see how if I'm at a 4/6 could I go to a 5/7. In the rear I don't think I can.
Would love to here from someone with 5/7 how close they are.
Going with a 275/50-20 is right at 2 inches shorter than stock, so your body will sit an inch lower also but pick up an inch of fender gap around the tires.

I know Inez sells a 5-7 kit, but if I recall correctly, they are basically cutting 3 inches out of BT springs in the rear and I don't know how that will ride. Knowing that they have done their homework, shouldn't be a big deal but definitely something to think about.