5th Gen Power Wagon auxiliary light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTBryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hi, has anyone found a good solution for mounting auxiliary lights (light bars, etc.) on the front of their 5th gen Power Wagon?

Randy Ellis Design, Inc. had one but it interfered with the front sensor so it back to the drawing board.

Not wanting to swap out the front bumper.

Thanks!
I know this is an old thread... But I'm curious what issues you had with the front sensors, with the Randy Ellis light bar? I installed that light bar on my 2020 PW and don't have any sensor issues.
The only downside to installing that bar was that my front camera view now has 4 HUGE lights in the picture. But I can somewhat see around them enough to be OK with it. Although, I am considering an attempt to add another camera on the light bar and try to bypass the grill mounted camera. It was pointed a little bit too forward anyway IMHO.

Astewartconst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know this is an old thread... But I'm curious what issues you had with the front sensors, with the Randy Ellis light bar? I installed that light bar on my 2020 PW and don't have any sensor issues.
The only downside to installing that bar was that my front camera view now has 4 HUGE lights in the picture. But I can somewhat see around them enough to be OK with it. Although, I am considering an attempt to add another camera on the light bar and try to bypass the grill mounted camera. It was pointed a little bit too forward anyway IMHO.

I am about to install the same bar and going to use just two Baja LP9s mounted out wide and leave the middle open.

aaaslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone found the A-Pillar Ditch Light Bracket at a reasonable price? I see the 2018 and older listed everywhere for $37. The 2020 ones seem to be $100-150.

Thanks in advance guys!
I agree. I just traded in my 2015 Cummins for a 2021 Power Wagon. I had ditch lights on the diesel from SDHQ I paid $150 for them, then noticed the cheap china ones on Amazon and Ebay for $30 something dollars and also the fog pocket brackets, I bought those on Amazon for $25 and they worked great for dual pods in each fog pocket. Now for my 5th gen they want $150 for ditch light mounts, and there are no cheap china options yet. I'm thinking of just fabbing my own perhaps. $150 for bent steel is a lot of money for what is about $5 dollars worth of steel.

OP
OP
PowerWagon2019

PowerWagon2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I will post a picture but I ended up mounting a BD light bar right on my front bumper with its stock SS mounts. I went this route as I did not want to put all the stress on the light bar being support by the plastic grill. Given hard use over time I figure the vibration and pounding off-road would break the plastic grill. It ended up working great and there was nothing else to buy.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I agree. I just traded in my 2015 Cummins for a 2021 Power Wagon. I had ditch lights on the diesel from SDHQ I paid $150 for them, then noticed the cheap china ones on Amazon and Ebay for $30 something dollars and also the fog pocket brackets, I bought those on Amazon for $25 and they worked great for dual pods in each fog pocket. Now for my 5th gen they want $150 for ditch light mounts, and there are no cheap china options yet. I'm thinking of just fabbing my own perhaps. $150 for bent steel is a lot of money for what is about $5 dollars worth of steel.
I'm looking for a set for a 2022. Just wondering what u settled on.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I'm looking for a set for a 2022. Just wondering what u settled on.
I know I'm responding to an an old post on 5th Generation Ditch Light Brackets at a reasonable price.

I just found a Black Friday deal for $80 for these at American Trucks. And I added the CB Mount extender/adaptor (I'll put that on the passenger side).

1700898661073.png 1700898920246.png

https://www.americantrucks.com/morimoto-ram2500-4banger-led-a-pillar-mounting-brackets-baf034.html

m1kflyingtiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I will post a picture but I ended up mounting a BD light bar right on my front bumper with its stock SS mounts. I went this route as I did not want to put all the stress on the light bar being support by the plastic grill. Given hard use over time I figure the vibration and pounding off-road would break the plastic grill. It ended up working great and there was nothing else to buy.
Did you ever get pictures?

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Hi, has anyone found a good solution for mounting auxiliary lights (light bars, etc.) on the front of their 5th gen Power Wagon?

Randy Ellis Design, Inc. had one but it interfered with the front sensor so it back to the drawing board.

Not wanting to swap out the front bumper.

Thanks!
I have been running the Randy Ellis light bar for close to 3 years now with no issues. As I understand it they changed the design to not interfere with the fifth gen Rams