5th Gen Power Wagon auxiliary light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya man! I woulda been welding something up if I had a a new machine waiting to be broke in.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Drilled and tapped. The mounting options with the bracket, gave a solid option to bolt it in there.
Did you by chance get any pictures? i looked at mounting there, but i cant tell how you did the mounting?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did not get pictures of just the bracket mounted see if my write up helps any. If I remember to pop open the hood tomorrow, I will PM you some pictures. Did you buy the same one I did?

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/trailmaker’s-pw-build-thread.161909/page-2
Yeah got the same one because of your pictures. i have mine mounted, buts its a pain to get to so im going to move it. its between the battery and firewall. the relays on mine dont seem to like my diode dynamics ss3 pro's, relay coil lets off a high pitch tone when they are turned on.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yeah got the same one because of your pictures. i have mine mounted, buts its a pain to get to so im going to move it. its between the battery and firewall. the relays on mine dont seem to like my diode dynamics ss3 pro's, relay coil lets off a high pitch tone when they are turned on.
Sounds like a grounding issue.
Where I mounted it the foam on the hood presses down against it, so it definitely is a tight fit. The corner hangs off the firewall 2” to allow all the wires I have brought into it from underneath on the driver’s side.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I didn't have the relay squeel with my other relay box, when i move the rough country ill make some changes and see if it goes away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hbleconey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
a buddy built a custom bracket with cross bar that mounts to existing metal points behind the grill. We then welded bars coming out. I think you might get into trouble depending on the weight of the lights mounting anything to the grill if you go offroad. The right way is to have it attached to something metal. I have the ONX6 from baja design which is about 9 lbs

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Found the ground issue causing the relay hum. So tomorrow ill be soldering the powr and ground cables directly to the circuit board. I purchased the setup used so i have to deal with the issue. 218f8a7250c852c04eded389a24d1f49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SkeeterBait

Reaction score
The Birthplace Town of the "Jersey Devil"
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I recently saw a mounting bracket for LED light bars that mounts in front of or behind the winch fairlead. A slot in the bracket allows the rope to pass through. It was on the "Vision-X-Offroad" website.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Maple Off Road is offering a 5th GEN light bar now. Very clean and compact.

warwickram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
finally got the vison bracket,need to make the holes bigger but should work. Pictures tomorrow