5th gen steering wheel on a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t0ymach1n3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L???
Howdy everyone!

Did a search and saw a lot of talk about doing a steering wheel swap from a 5th gen to a 4th (I found a good deal on a TRX wheel with the paddle shifters) but nothing that directly says "Yes, you can swap the two and make em work". Anyone heard of anyone successfully doing that kind of a swap? Bonus would be getting the TRX paddle shifters to work with an HP90 :)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Howdy everyone!

Did a search and saw a lot of talk about doing a steering wheel swap from a 5th gen to a 4th (I found a good deal on a TRX wheel with the paddle shifters) but nothing that directly says "Yes, you can swap the two and make em work". Anyone heard of anyone successfully doing that kind of a swap? Bonus would be getting the TRX paddle shifters to work with an HP90 :)
You can add paddle shifters to the 8 speed 4th Gens,if that's all you want.I've had them in my 2014 since 2015. Mercedes AMG paddles fit almost like they were designed for the wheel,but then again the trucks steering wheel hasn't changed much since Daimler Benz/Mercedes owned Chrysler. Hunt up BlackFox Brandon on facebook,as he was making a kit to add them to the factory equipped 8 speed trucks.

Attachments

• DSCN3838.JPG
    DSCN3838.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN3839.JPG
    DSCN3839.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: