6.4L Hemi Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
"The wife never even said anything about it. A little music or even talk radio easily cancels it out."

Wish I could cancel my wife out with just a little music or talk tadio.
LOL ROFL!!!!!!!!!:roflsquared:

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I know that sound level is really suggestive but I really like the muffler I put on my 6.4. I did a muffler swap with a larger tip and kept the factory resonator. I don't have any drone on the highway or in MDS mode and I like the noise level. I think that its pretty loud. The muffler brand is called "Paradox". Its a local guy from where I'm from that has a patent on the design. It basically has a tuning fork inside the muffler to eliminate drone. I posted the link below. Forgive my ignorance but I have a video of it on my phone and on my Google drive but the only way to post it here is to upload to Youtube correct?
http://teamparadox.com/shop/

How did you mount the muffler? One his website, the largest he has is a 3" inside diameter muffler. The exhaust on the 6.4 is 3.5" - can you snap some pics of the muffler installed?

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
How did you mount the muffler? One his website, the largest he has is a 3" inside diameter muffler. The exhaust on the 6.4 is 3.5" - can you snap some pics of the muffler installed?
Exactly my thought. I'm climbing under mine with a measurer. Be right n
back.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I'm back.
Yup, 3-1/2" on both ends of my 22" MagnaFlow muffler. It then opens up to 4" to and out of resonator, then splits to dual 3-1/2s into 5" chrome tips.

No way I'm going down to 3" to squeeze thru a muffler. Those are for 1500s and custom stuff. Be great if he went big for us 392 havin' fools.

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
He used an exhaust pipe expander to get it to fit. I asked him about it being only a 3" muffler and he told me that when he did his testing on the muffler it could handle it with out any problem. He has put these mufflers on other 6.4 Hemi's as well. I've used him before on other trucks with different muffler brands so I thought I would give it a try. I've had the muffler now for probably 2.5 years. It hasn't hurt the performance of the truck at all.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I saw this on the website. Did you get something other than the "Elite"?

NOTE: Due to their ultra heavy duty construction, “Elite Series” Paradox necks are non-expandable."

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Honestly I don't know. I scheduled an appointment to drop my truck off at his shop and was planning on using a different brand. I didn't know at the time he even had his own design. When I was there he showed it to me and said I wouldn't be disappointed. I thought what-the-heck I'll give it a try. I was concerned about it being a 3" diameter but I haven't noticed a difference in performance or mileage. Didn't notice any gains but most of the exhausts I have put on my past trucks have been just a direct muffler swap with a tip and never notice a difference with them either.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Just heard from my dealer on the exhaust leak. 2018 6.4 2500. Will be ready for pick up tomorrow. Service manager wants to do one more cold start. Replaced a number exhaust parts including passenger side manifold bolts. I "suspect" our Ramcare friends might have made an inquiry. If so, thanks.

Highwayman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a Gibson Performance cat back system on mine and modified it slightly to exit it where I wanted it to. Love it. And installed it myself.9ad13f43341ed372607482f1fde3683f.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A month or so ago i opted to be a bit of a guinea pig for nick at gotexhaust.com and picked up the solo muffler replacement. I sent him a variety of video/audio files as there were no clips for interested or parties. All and all I’m happy with it, at some point I plan to order a new resonator from solo and get some stainless vent up then it all welded together vs the current clamp on.
I put on a lot of miles and the truck routinely tows heavy (13-14k)
There is a minor drone at the typical 17-1800 rpm but it isn’t overwhelming, if I need it to shut up due to a. Phone call it just goes into tow mode and pulls it out of that rpm range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have been very happy with the Solo Mach 82. I have it installed with a Magnaflow Cat Bk. system. Replaced the Magnaflow muffler with the Solo. Much higher quality SS and Hand Tig welded.

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice...the solo is my truck...I was going to do a thread but am lazy as ****...
I need to play with it more as I have some drone/resonance around 1800 rpm but in solo’s defense mine is t installed well at all. I couldn’t get the tailpipe to seat so it’s half ass in for now, waiting on a few things to show up so I can cut the resonator of, seat everything better and basically have a turn down. I picked up another muffler/resonator from solo but it won’t fit w/o some surgery
But I have a solo Mach 350 available cheap if someone wants it to run

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Nice...the solo is my truck...I was going to do a thread but am lazy as ****...
I need to play with it more as I have some drone/resonance around 1800 rpm but in solo’s defense mine is t installed well at all. I couldn’t get the tailpipe to seat so it’s half ass in for now, waiting on a few things to show up so I can cut the resonator of, seat everything better and basically have a turn down. I picked up another muffler/resonator from solo but it won’t fit w/o some surgery
But I have a solo Mach 350 available cheap if someone wants it to run

If you put a turn down on it the drone may be worse. I'd try it first before you weld anything.

That solo sounds good. I wish the guy taking the video would have revved it a few times before he shut it down for the outside video but oh well. Sounds good I think.

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The single rev is because I did it with my remote start, it killed it. After I get it buttoned up I’ll do a couple of others as the sound has changed substantially with a couple of thousand miles under its belts

Cougs57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just heard from my dealer on the exhaust leak. 2018 6.4 2500. Will be ready for pick up tomorrow. Service manager wants to do one more cold start. Replaced a number exhaust parts including passenger side manifold bolts. I "suspect" our Ramcare friends might have made an inquiry. If so, thanks.
I think mine is leaking as well. By chance have a video of startup so I can confirm? I still have to get the recall work done and was going to tell them then.