$60 Enay pocket fender flare review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
*Edit* meant to say EBAY.

Figured I would pull the trigger on a $60 set of pocket style fender flares off eBay. I have no complaints whatsoever. I chose smooth since I will be getting them painted. Overall, they are quality flares, and include all the gaskets and stainless bolts. I highly recommend them.
Here is the linkhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/313118385385

3AE8FD58-13AB-4FA3-9F44-73D45A30256E.jpeg

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there plugs for the holes in the side of the truck or do you actually have to install them using those holes? I see there are holes inside the flares too, so hopefully they mount that way. They look pretty good for being $60.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there plugs for the holes in the side of the truck or do you actually have to install them using those holes? I see there are holes inside the flares too, so hopefully they mount that way. They look pretty good for being $60.
They mount with the bolts that hold in the inner wheel well cover. The holes are just for looks. Even expensive flares mount the same way.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Post follow up pics when they are installed, I would like to see how well they fit against the body.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my $60 EBay flares back from paint today. Shop charged me $200 to paint them. I asked if he had any issues since they were so low in price, and he said he didn’t notice any difference in quality vs Bushwacker. Can’t beat color matched pocket flares for $260. Painted.
Haven’t installed yet since my truck is still in PA, and being shipped down here to North Carolina.
Highly recommend these flares for the price.

B5E0A735-65D2-4CDC-B130-C05F04EA3BD0.jpeg

Reactions: BWL

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No joke on your savings. I browsed ebay, saw some painted flares for $600 plus.....geez.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Were the flares textured or smooth? They look textured, but usually I have seen smooth ones advertised if they are going to be painted. I think I might get some and do a DIY paint job.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thats a good price on paint. The shops around here quote around 800 taxes in to paint a set so it's cheaper to buy the painted, but if I had a black truck I'd spend the 60 and just leave them as is since they're black. For what you spent though I'd have had them painted too.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats a good price on paint. The shops around here quote around 800 taxes in to paint a set so it's cheaper to buy the painted, but if I had a black truck I'd spend the 60 and just leave them as is since they're black. For what you spent though I'd have had them painted too.

that seems high to me to paint a set of flares. I had my old factory rear bumper painted by a different painter in a different state, and he only charged me $250.
I had a set of unpainted pocket flares on my black truck before, and always wanted to get them painted. So I just bought a new set since they were so cheap. Where do you live that the price for paint is so high?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm in canada. Everything seems to be twice the price or more for smaller things. That's why most of the stuff I buy comes from the USA. way cheaper even with the big dollar difference right now. Not sure why. Covid means I can't just pop across the line for stuff like I used to though so I have to be more patient and I can't take stuff over to get worked on.

Maverick10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm in canada. Everything seems to be twice the price or more for smaller things. That's why most of the stuff I buy comes from the USA. way cheaper even with the big dollar difference right now. Not sure why. Covid means I can't just pop across the line for stuff like I used to though so I have to be more patient and I can't take stuff over to get worked on.

You said it! Not going across the line for parts is holding up a lot of work to the truck. Saving my bank account though.

As for flares, I got some ebay ones from a guy locally. About to paint. Mounted nicely, so can't complain