A/c not cold in 2007 5.9 cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcberry05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
My a/c is not cold in my 2007 5.9 cummins that I just bought. I am going to add refrigerant but I wasn't sure what I should try next that is inexpensive. I already check the fuses they all look fine. What I'm really confused about is I haven't found anything about relays in the owners manual or any other discussions but when I have searched auto parts stores they have them available. Why is there relays available to purchase but I see none in the fuse box like my 2003.

sylver91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The relays are all part of the integrated power distribution panel. You only have a select number of fuses under the hood and the rest in all built in the fuse panel, which is the dumbest design when one craps out.

As for the A/C you could add refrigerant but chances are it would leak out in no time. Got to have the refrigerant machine hooked up and see if there is even any in the system and have a vacuum pulled to see if there are any leaks. Then some freon with/without dye is put in to find that leak.

07mega59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 24 valve Cummins
I have the same problem. I was told it was a condenser leak