A LED bulb ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I ordered a set of 921 LED for the reverse lights ,and if I like they want to do the third Brake light /Cargo light.

When I tested the reverse light with the 194 LED I had I did not get a code so I should be OK with the 921 LED's.

BUT will I throw a code if I also do the third brake light ?

And from what I have read I sould got with RED LED's for the brake lights as white Leds bleach out a lot of the Red lens ?

Anyone have a issue with LED'S in the third brake light ?\

Thanks

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Lazfit leds. Zero issues. 3rd brake light, cargo lights, reverse lights, interior dome light. All work flawlessly and are bright.
Thanks. I ordered the AUXITO and have some Lazfits in the cab and If I remember some Auxito interior leds as well,
Good to know I should be good to go :)
In the third brake light did yo use the Red bulb or the white ?

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You won't get a check engine light, but there will likely be a code stored in the system. Doesn't matter, the code is only there for troubleshooting the circuit.

I recommend matching the LED to the lens color.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
You won't get a check engine light, but there will likely be a code stored in the system. Doesn't matter, the code is only there for troubleshooting the circuit.

I recommend matching the LED to the lens color.
Thanks

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have no issues whatsoever with my LED (red) in the 3rd brake light housing. Also added LED's to the rear bed lights as well with no issues. Truck is a 2013.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have no issues whatsoever with my LED (red) in the 3rd brake light housing. Also added LED's to the rear bed lights as well with no issues. Truck is a 2013.
Thanks good to hear ! I have a 2015 . I will do a before and after picture. Extra lighting will be nice !

kero937

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks good to hear ! I have a 2015 . I will do a before and after picture. Extra lighting will be nice !
Not nagging at you but I’m wondering if you had success with the LED swap? I just got my 2015 and have learned how picky this thing is when changing lights. If you have pics or any helpful tips changing out lights, I’d love to hear!

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Not nagging at you but I’m wondering if you had success with the LED swap? I just got my 2015 and have learned how picky this thing is when changing lights. If you have pics or any helpful tips changing out lights, I’d love to hear!
Not a problem

,My 2015 is doing well with the LED'S
No LED headlights !

Only way to get info is ask :)

I put the 921 LED's in the reverse lights,and third brake lights,
A red LED in the third brake light as I was told the white LED'S could bleach out some of the red color and make it a bit lighter red, So went RED
Interior Did the map and dome lights and the glove box light
No Codes or issues just better light !
Tha 194 bulbs and dome lights (forgot the bulb size ) were 6k on the light spectrum so a very mild bluish tone ! I think 5k is pure white

As for tips You Tube is a good place to look that is what I did

To change tail light bulb to need a T 25 Torx bit or screw driver. Screws tail gate side of lights. slowly pull straight back and there are 2 plastic clips helping the light stay on !
For the map and dome lights a tiny pry tool is used , Again You Tube Videos will show you the tricks to remove covers and tail light

Attachments

• RAM1.jpg
    RAM1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 6

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great @Rado I did not have any issues with my third brake light. It was always turn signals. I finally got all of that worked out.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Roger that, white LED will turn the brakelights pink. Ok on taillight mode. I threw dieselleds in the rear. Great backup lights, no real difference in brake lights. So save your money.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Looks great @Rado I did not have any issues with my third brake light. It was always turn signals. I finally got all of that worked out.
I want to do the Brake lights/Turn Signals with just a bulb, So that will be next, I just purchased Coverking seat covers and hearing aids this month so cash is tight lol

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to do the Brake lights/Turn Signals with just a bulb, So that will be next, I just purchased Coverking seat covers and hearing aids this month so cash is tight lol
I understand that. I mine is fully LED converted. I like it a lot. My fog light finally burnt out after 5 years lol.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I understand that. I mine is fully LED converted. I like it a lot. My fog light finally burnt out after 5 years lol.
I have Quad Headlights .
Are yours Quads or Projectors ?
And what Bulb bid you use ?

Thanks

kero937

Reaction score
Ram Year
Not a problem

,My 2015 is doing well with the LED'S
No LED headlights !

Only way to get info is ask :)

I put the 921 LED's in the reverse lights,and third brake lights,
A red LED in the third brake light as I was told the white LED'S could bleach out some of the red color and make it a bit lighter red, So went RED
Interior Did the map and dome lights and the glove box light
No Codes or issues just better light !
Tha 194 bulbs and dome lights (forgot the bulb size ) were 6k on the light spectrum so a very mild bluish tone ! I think 5k is pure white

As for tips You Tube is a good place to look that is what I did

To change tail light bulb to need a T 25 Torx bit or screw driver. Screws tail gate side of lights. slowly pull straight back and there are 2 plastic clips helping the light stay on !
For the map and dome lights a tiny pry tool is used , Again You Tube Videos will show you the tricks to remove covers and tail light
Great info, thank you for taking the time and thank you for your service! The interior lights are next on my list, for sure.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Great info, thank you for taking the time and thank you for your service! The interior lights are next on my list, for sure.
Thank You
Your Welcome happy to be of some help ! I have learned a lot about my RAM on this site :)

These help show the tricks to remove the lens cover with out breakin gthe plastic tabs ad how to pull the 194 bulb out of the map light which is a pain lol . I ended up with a pair of duck bill plyers with duck tape on the bills so it woult stick to the bulb as you carefully pinch , You will figure out what works for you .