Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

captshootnfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
well, I've seen a lot of people posting about a leak on th e A-post at thge oh crap handle, I've not yet seen a cause or solution.

My truck is a 2013 Ram crew cab, No sunroof, No running lights. when I purchased this new I had the leak but could never quardinate with the "leak guy" at the dealer, then it just quit. well in the last 4 days it has started back up with a vengeance and now we are to get 3-5" rain in the next 3 days. my head liner is already soaked. I have taken a windshield sealer and gone around windshield but that hasn't seemed to stop it.

So, has anyone found the mysterious leak? And how to fix it before my cab becomes an aquarium?

Thanks for the help and insight
Troy

Silvacane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Troy. This is my first posting here and forums are great tools IMHO! I just bought a 2013 RAM 1500 and I opened the passenger side rear backseat compartment and found a 2'' swimming pool under the seat, I went on the utube site and found a video on someone with same problem as us and many other RAM owners! Seems its the 3rd brake light gasket being flattened over time! I just did the 10 minute procedure yesterday and had some rain last nite and its DRY now! We'll see! It is thicker than the stock gasket. Good luck to you. Doug

OP
OP
captshootnfish

captshootnfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Thanks Doug,
when I read about the 3rd break light leaking, the water is in the back, mine is in the front pooling under the steering wheel, not to say it couldn't be, I would think it is odd though.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Tell them to peel the rubber strip at the joint between the body and the roof panel and check the welds there.
A buddy of mine had this problem on his 2013 and a bad weld was what they found.

OP
OP
captshootnfish

captshootnfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Black W900,

Thanks, I was wondering about that. did you know how they fixed it? If not that's fine was wondering.

Troy

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm not positive, I think they welded it, but they might have just sealed it up with some goo.....But when they were done he never had a leak again.