ABS and Anti Skid issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

littlebiscuit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Recently had issue with ABS and Anti skid lights coming on while driving and towing 5th wheel. Research forums and found possible causes. I was hoping it was just a sensor because other options were going to be expensive. I needed to do my brakes so while I had the front drivers side up in the air gave the tire a little shake back and forth thought that seems loose. Changed breaks went to passenger side to change brakes jacked that side checked tire and it was solid. So I assumed I needed a new wheel assembly. So I ordered wheel hub assembly in which came with speed sensor. The hole time driving since light flashing and dinging on dash never really notice front end shaking so I was surprised when I found front hub bad. I own 2018 ram 3500 dually 2wd tradesman. Got hub assembly changed it out with out issue I think it was because I have 2wd and didn't have to worry about loosing axle nut like on 4wd drives. So far so good hub assembly and sensor fixed ABS and Anti Skid issue.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you check to see what codes it was? If the warning lights appear on the dash there should be an ABS code in the system. ABS codes are stored in a different module as compared to the typical engine and drivetrain codes and many of the cheapo code scanners, even the ones a lot of autoparts stores use for "free scans" won't read ABS codes.

OP
OP
littlebiscuit

littlebiscuit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
It called out front driver sensor and electronic module. It just started flashing on and off again never stays on. So back to drawing board. I am going to check sensor wires going to electronic module before I replace it next.

OP
OP
littlebiscuit

littlebiscuit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
After doing more research code C020 calling out ABS ECU read somewhere about changing out HCU first even though had C020 code. The hydraulic control unit was on back order ever where for quite while now. I got lucky found one and ordered HCU. Replaced it had to manual bleed brakes twice to get out all the air. Then used alpha OBD ABS section to bleed brakes and no more annoying dinging and lights on dash. Hopefully this issue never comes back cross my fingers. Have gained a little more knowledge on ABS system on my Ram. Used my original ECU so no need to VIN program new module. So I ended up changing left front hub bearing assembly with speed sensor and HCU.