AC has to get recharged every few months.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan Lampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. In the summer, I have to get my AC vacuumed out and recharged. I try to use the can of stuff at autozone but for some reason, my truck won't take it. To me it seems like there is a clog of some sort somewhere within my AC system. Every time I take it to a shop they just suck the fluid out, put new in, then say hey its working great, you're good to go. It will work good for a couple months and then it slowly starts to go away. Has anyone else ran into this? Could anyone give me an idea of what it could be? I did some research and I'm thinking that it could possibly be the orifice tube. Thanks in advance for any help!

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Like front end work, owning the equipment does not mean they understand fundamentally how the system operates. Has anyone ever added dye and checked for leaks? You need to seek out an old-school shop where some old looking guy will take the time to actually troubleshoot properly.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like a leak to me, find a shop that will dye it and look for a leak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk