Adding DRL’s with AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Well what ever it is everything is working like i actually want it to work .... i can't explain exactly what I did but it's working lol

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use the parameter settings found in the known working list in the first post of the AlfaOBD thread:
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

from the list:
DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights) For “Dedicated” DRLs (Rams with factory projectors) see post #7079

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2032174/

CBC Features: DRL Configuration

Select “Optional DRL”

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled

Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable

Select “yes”

Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM

Select “yes”

All of the above settings are under the Body Control configuration.

Don't use DRL drop out if your using the High or Low beams as DRLs.
I followed this and have the menu option on the radio to turn the DRLs On/Off

One thing on this, I went through it 3 times and it was not working for some reason. Went into the menu option on the radio and it was there. Turned it on in there and now works as expected. Had not even thought of checking the panel as I did not have the option before.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I went through all the steps and my daytime running lights are definitely working but I still can’t manage to find the option to turn them on and off within the radio any help would be appreciated

Average J0e

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Lone Star SLT 1500 Rambox
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
So... I figured out the problem why the DRL's didn't work... Now they work!

TAKE OFF THE DAMN PARKING BRAKE! LOL :doh2:

I kept putting it in gear and the parking brake on to see if they were working! So get someone to tell you if they are on or use a mirror! LMAO

Below is the current configuration for the latest version of AlfaOBD V 2.2.0.0

Cust.Prog.Features: Daytime Running Lamps:

Select: Enabled

Cust.Set.Menu 1: Daytime Running Lights CSM Present

Select: Yes

ECUConfig 3: DRL Customer Setting Option Present

Select: Optional DRL

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

Select: Turn Signal

CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present

Select: No

Last edited:

SATX2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So... I figured out the problem why the DRL's didn't work... Now they work!

TAKE OFF THE DAMN PARKING BRAKE! LOL :doh2:

I kept putting it in gear and the parking brake on to see if they were working! So get someone to tell you if they are on or use a mirror! LMAO

Below is the current configuration for the latest version of AlfaOBD V 2.2.0.0

Cust.Prog.Features: Daytime Running Lamps:

Select: Enabled

Cust.Set.Menu 1: Daytime Running Lights CSM Present

ECUConfig 3: DRL Customer Setting Option Present

Select: Optional DRL

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

Select: Turn Signal

CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present

Select: No
I have not started this yet, but I have a question on " Cust.Set.Menu 1: Daytime Running Lights CSM Present" is this found in the setting menu of the radio?

Learylax3r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Digging up an older thread to see if @mtnrider heard back from the Alfaobd developer on adding a parking lamp option to the DRL location option. I just installed switchback turn signal bulbs and switchback led halos in the quad halogen housings and I'd love to have them run as the DRL.

If you haven't heard back from alfaobd, would you think this diode would work for jumping over from the dedicated wiring to the parking lamp wiring?

Roadmaster 792 Hy-Power Diode, (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002UHVH...abc_BR3M3G1TFY8B8FM7YTE0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 20211219_165429.jpg
    20211219_165429.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 3

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Digging up an older thread to see if @mtnrider heard back from the Alfaobd developer on adding a parking lamp option to the DRL location option. I just installed switchback turn signal bulbs and switchback led halos in the quad halogen housings and I'd love to have them run as the DRL.

If you haven't heard back from alfaobd, would you think this diode would work for jumping over from the dedicated wiring to the parking lamp wiring?

Roadmaster 792 Hy-Power Diode, (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002UHVH...abc_BR3M3G1TFY8B8FM7YTE0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Have a look at this: https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/v6-triton/v6-extreme-wa-switchback.html
It's pricy though.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I guess if it's tinted enough that would trick the sensor into thinking it's dark out to turn the lights on. So technically you aren't using your drl's.

I guess you can change the sensitivity of the sensor through alfaobd. I'd give that a shot to see if your drl's will come on

I believe it's CBC Extern.Light- Auto headlamp on threshold

I'd check your log before changing it. You have to enter a number in and I don't know what the factory value is set at

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
Figured it out ...

Last edited: