Adding Fog Lights to a truck without factory ones (Chrome bumper)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw a really nice set of fog lights online that I would like to get for my truck. However, I have the chrome bumper and don't have the factory fog lights. What would I need to add the holes and the wiring to put fog lights on my truck?..

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There's some youtube videos of guys who have mounted fog lights into the plastic covers that blank off where the factory tow hooks go.

I've got the same basic chrome fog light less bumper on my 2019 Ram 1500 classic SLT. I would like a set of fogs since the headlamps are dismal, but I hate aftermarket electronics.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's some youtube videos of guys who have mounted fog lights into the plastic covers that blank off where the factory tow hooks go.

I've got the same basic chrome fog light less bumper on my 2019 Ram 1500 classic SLT. I would like a set of fogs since the headlamps are dismal, but I hate aftermarket electronics.
Seen those.. that's not what I want though. I want my factory tow hooks. I just want to put fog lights in the stock locations on a bumper that doesn't have the wholes.
I guess we can cut holes in the bumper and mount the lights. I'm guess there are some additional brackets and wiring harnesses that might be required though.

faross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l
How did ya end up on this looks for same on my 22 1500 classic

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Where are you located? I can give you a free chrome bumper with light scratches and tiny dent from a tonno cover incident from a ford. Mine is off my 18 and has fog light holes and parking sensor holes. I just did a color match swap 2 days ago and doing the lower swap would take about 3 hrs if you take your time. Hardest part is swapping over all the support stuff and harnesses as you should take it all off as a unit.

Cutting the chrome openings is not going to be fun and you will need the plastic frame behind the bumper with the fog light mounting points if you don’t have them now. Then you need the factory fog light harness and hope it works if you’re able to plug it in … if not then you need the dealer to activate it in the BCM or you gotta get ALFAOBD and any supporting security bypass harnesses. You would also need to have the headlight switch with the fog light activation.

Easier and best would be to get a new chrome lower bumper on eBay for $300-400 with all the holes you want. Then get the plastic framing for $50 or so and then wire them up manually to a relay that uses your parking lights to activate a relay to turn them on that way they are always on when your parking lights are and they are automatic.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
my 2016 Ram came with lights in the chrome bumper

1688709858920.png

1688710016418.png

It may be easier to do something like this, in your chrome bumper

1688710620257.png