Adding Fog Lights to a truck without factory ones (Chrome bumper)

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw a really nice set of fog lights online that I would like to get for my truck. However, I have the chrome bumper and don't have the factory fog lights. What would I need to add the holes and the wiring to put fog lights on my truck?..

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There's some youtube videos of guys who have mounted fog lights into the plastic covers that blank off where the factory tow hooks go.

I've got the same basic chrome fog light less bumper on my 2019 Ram 1500 classic SLT. I would like a set of fogs since the headlamps are dismal, but I hate aftermarket electronics.

OP
OP
knightjp

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's some youtube videos of guys who have mounted fog lights into the plastic covers that blank off where the factory tow hooks go.

I've got the same basic chrome fog light less bumper on my 2019 Ram 1500 classic SLT. I would like a set of fogs since the headlamps are dismal, but I hate aftermarket electronics.
Seen those.. that's not what I want though. I want my factory tow hooks. I just want to put fog lights in the stock locations on a bumper that doesn't have the wholes.
I guess we can cut holes in the bumper and mount the lights. I'm guess there are some additional brackets and wiring harnesses that might be required though.