Adding signal/puddle mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jpercy14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
Hey guys I have a 2014 ram 1500 with standard size heated mirrors. Recently bought some mirrors with puddle/signal on them after install. Only power heat and movement of the glass would work.. brought to a dealer for a flash and they could only get the puddle lights to work? Didn't make much sense to me. Said maybe a door module would fix it. But im sure I have the correct module and the stealership just doesn't wanna or doesn't have the knowledge I'm notnsure. But any help would be greatly appreciatee. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi,
I dont believe its a module issue but send me your VIN so I can compare a few things.

-Benny

OP
OP
J

Jpercy14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
Hey Benny, thanks responding I really appreciate it. I must note the new mirrors I bought are from a 2012 I have already made and installed my wires for the ambient air temp sensor and it works perfectly . No issues there I just copied the wires from my old mirrors all is well there.. my vin number is 1C6RR7KT1ES346641 thanks and if u need any other info just let me know! Thanks again take care

Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Ok so 2013+ Trucks had wiring changes and the mirrors and modules are not cross compatible. With that being said I suppose you can try older 2011 modules but with that being said I also checked the door wiring harness itself and they are different between this split date as well so I am not sure if its worth it to you because then we would have to see if the door harness will plug into the dash harness's???

- Benny

OP
OP
J

Jpercy14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
Hey thanks for the response! I did some more digging myself and I was sure it was the dealership playing stupid or didn't know what was going on. I bit the bullet and went to a dealership outta town and boom baby no problem in and out in 15 minutes. Also just purchased MXobd + and alfaobd. So I can just do this stuff myself. Appreciate your time Benny. Have a great day

Colten1019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey thanks for the response! I did some more digging myself and I was sure it was the dealership playing stupid or didn't know what was going on. I bit the bullet and went to a dealership outta town and boom baby no problem in and out in 15 minutes. Also just purchased MXobd + and alfaobd. So I can just do this stuff myself. Appreciate your time Benny. Have a great day
Hey, would you be able to give me some advice on how to get the puddle lights to work? I just put tow mirrors on my 2010 and I managed to get the turn signals to work with alpha OBD, I just can’t find anything on the puddles.