Adding stock subwoofer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
How did you install it? I have done a ton and customers always love them. However I found that if you use a low-level input, it does not get as loud or sound as good (even when set up correctly).

i tried both low and high inputs, i put it in my truck and it was **** poor to say the least, ill never make that mistake again, ill just stick to a normal sub and box setup, sad part is that damn kicker unit cost more than a cheap system cost...

i put it in my truck because i wanted a complete kicker system, a sub that could compliment the kicker components in the truck and it did none of that, i put it in, 10 mins pulled it back out and took it right back to the store and got a refund.

for the $300 price tag, there are so many better ways to get bass in your vehicle

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have done this. I bought the OEM one on Ebay for $117 shipped.

Since you have the 6-speaker setup, you will need an amp to power it.

Would you mind sharing the details of your setup? I'm doing this in my Express too and wouldn't mind some guidance.

bigdodge

Reaction score
My only thing is I would like to maintain the fold flat. I don't believe that's possible with a foxbox. It's no deal breaker either way. I'm fine with the current sub setup for now. But if I could reinforce the box and beef up the bass while keeping everything else in tact, it could be cool.
I have a line on a slightly used JL stealth box. I was going to buy it but I found another with a better sub in it. He's looking for $400 shipped.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Would you mind sharing the details of your setup? I'm doing this in my Express too and wouldn't mind some guidance.

I added the following:
1 NVX LOC (4-channel) XPLOC4
1 NVX JAD900.5 (Runs whole system)
1 RCA cables (4-channel)
OEM RAM sub box.

LOC is behind the radio (yes I cut the speaker wires there).

I rewired the sub in series and made it 4ohm. Ran that to the my amp.

I will be removing the amp and the LOC and I have ready to install a RF DSR1 (replaces the LOC) and Skar Audio 1000.1 and 80.4 to replace my amp. The OEM sub is getting replaced also with a RF sub.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I added the following:
1 NVX LOC (4-channel) XPLOC4
1 NVX JAD900.5 (Runs whole system)
1 RCA cables (4-channel)
OEM RAM sub box.

LOC is behind the radio (yes I cut the speaker wires there).

I rewired the sub in series and made it 4ohm. Ran that to the my amp.

I will be removing the amp and the LOC and I have ready to install a RF DSR1 (replaces the LOC) and Skar Audio 1000.1 and 80.4 to replace my amp. The OEM sub is getting replaced also with a RF sub.
Why the change (other than changing the sub itself)?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Why the change (other than changing the sub itself)?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
The RF DSR1 is more than just an LOC. It is also a full EQ and DSP. It is $250, and you can connect your laptop or phone to it to make changes.
More info on the DSR1 here
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1/

As far as the amps, I wanted more power....who doesn't really?....lol. I got both amps for about $300.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The RF DSR1 is more than just an LOC. It is also a full EQ and DSP. It is $250, and you can connect your laptop or phone to it to make changes.
More info on the DSR1 here
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/dsr1/

As far as the amps, I wanted more power....who doesn't really?....lol. I got both amps for about $300.

DO you have old stuff you're wanting to part with? I'm literally trying to do your original setup. I bought the Sub and enclosure on eBay for $105.

I already have the Kicker plug and play sub feeding off the driver front speaker, I'd like to add this one off of the passenger front for a left/right sub setup.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
DO you have old stuff you're wanting to part with? I'm literally trying to do your original setup. I bought the Sub and enclosure on eBay for $105.

I already have the Kicker plug and play sub feeding off the driver front speaker, I'd like to add this one off of the passenger front for a left/right sub setup.

So you want to buy my NVX LOC I have now?

This is what it is:
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46219_NVX-XPLOC4.html

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I filled mine up with poly fill and upgraded the the Pioneer shallow mount, and am pushing it with a Rockford 250 watt mono Used the LC2i to get RCA's for the amp input

View attachment 119364

View attachment 119365

I have the same sub, but no amp...Is the 250 watt amp the right amout of power for sub speaker ? I think my system sounds better with new sub, How much better is it with amp ? on a scale 1-10

20180208_081241.jpg 20180208_081229.jpg

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
xxxx

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I would say 8.5

I used insulation tape from home dopt insde to deaden the poly enclosure and filled the box with poly fill from AC Moores , the stuff for pillows

makes a big difference , however the enclosure is defiantly thew weak spot of the system, the stiffer you can make the more volume you can throw at the sub

deserthi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
If you use the stock sub, is the factory hookups already under the rear seat?