Additional UAQ/UAS Update Files 28.3/30.24/34.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just found this thread and updated my UAQ to 39.5 from 30.24. This update fixed the Sirius XM not working on previous versions, and the audio quality is great! Plus off-road pages now work too. Steering angle changes as you rotate steering, transfer case sees change to 4x4, coordinates/altitude changes as you drive, and pitch/roll haven’t changed but I’m on flat ground.

I noticed “installing off-road pages” & “installing performance pages” when radio rebooted after update. I enabled them with alfaobd and it worked. Performance pages loads but gives an error, I might have to enable SRT for it to work.

Does anyone know how to change the settings for off-road pages? I want to see if I can change the gauge units from c to f.

What all settings did you change in Alfa? I updated to 39.5 on my UAQ the other day and performance pages is there, but when I go into it, it says that the performance pages are unavailable at this time and offroad pages have yet to show up yet.

OP
OP
C

ClearlyStabile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
What application version did you upgrade to successfully? ... v39.5?

PS: I always recommend starting the truck and sit there with it running during a radio update. You may have got lucky on the recovery... They unfortunately don't always do that.
Sorry to everyone that was waiting on me to get the new updated files. I was finally able to get access to v39.6. It looks like its a minor bug fix update, but should resolve some annoying bugs some were seeing. This specifically states that it is for the UAQ on Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator, Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500.

I've updated my drive link to include the new 39.6 update file, but here's a shortcut:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WWHwKWemo15nLSx3oM0G7aToc_WtW4s2?usp=sharing

Fixes included:
  • Lost radio presets.
  • SXM favorite song not displaying/playing.
  • Radio display screen is black, intermittent.
  • Radio freeze intermittent.
  • Incorrect navigation address/location/directions.
  • Bluetooth pair or connection issue.
  • Radio channel change by itself.
  • SXM icon inoperative.
  • Backup camera has black display screen.
  • High pitch chime noise.
  • Contact list not loading.
  • Device not supported message.
  • Remote app inoperative.
  • Travel-Link fuel price incorrect.
  • Backup camera gridlines missing.
  • Unable to adjust volume.
  • Heavy Duty (HD)Truck USB HUB improvements.
  • HD Truck heated steering wheel improvements.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I've heard from multiple people that you cannot downgrade a UAQ radio. This is simply not true. There are some hurdles you sometimes have to jump through in order to complete the downgrade. I'll get to that, but just know that you are not SOL if you updated and something was broken. It CAN be fixed. Don't mail it in for $500+ to do a simple repair.

I was able to get my hands on a UAQ 34.2 update file and installed it and found it to be working fine. However, any time I would restart the car, the SiriusXM favorites would reset back to factory defaults. Not a big deal, but we do like to have our SiriusXM favorites. So here's my fix:

I tried to downgrade to 22.6, but could not. It said the update was not compatible with this vehicle. If this happens to you where you're having issues on your current version, DO NOT PANIC. You can downgrade the radio no problem. I was able to get my hands on a UAQ 30.24 update file. I put this on a drive and inserted it into the USB. It allowed me to "Update Now" which I did. I was able to flash the 30.24 update file onto the UAQ. Now here's the cool part. After I flashed 30.24, I went to see if I could downgrade to 28.3. I could! It said "Update Now" just like it did with 30.24! Awesome! Although I didn't try this personally, I have all the faith in the world that it would downgrade just like it did from 34.2 to 30.24. Heck you might be able to even downgrade 28.3 to 22.6

OKAY, OKAY. I know what you're thinking. But! The latest version available for the UAQ is 22.6. Well, yes and no. That is the currently well known version for the UAQ, but there are several newer versions that I was able to get my hands on. I am attaching the Google Drive with ZIP files with every UAQ/UAS Update file that's not already publicly listed like on mydrive.ch.

The versions I'm linking to are:

UAQ 28.3

UAQ 30.24

UAQ 34.2

&

UAS 30.24

I have personally installed all three of these on my Compass/Cherokee and RAM UAQ radio and all functionality including SiriusXM, Navigation, CarPlay, backup camera, etc. all work with zero issues.

Here's the link to all of those files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uc6gYueoqOdCo93y3FgaMiZFSBmPKSE6?usp=sharing

NOTE: If you download any of these files and use them on your own radios and damage your device, I'm not responsible. However, I have updated and downgraded my radios with these files and have had zero issues.

I hope this can help others to fix their radios or just tinker!
Will these times work for a UAS if you remove the maps folder?

srtdrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to everyone that was waiting on me to get the new updated files. I was finally able to get access to v39.6. It looks like its a minor bug fix update, but should resolve some annoying bugs some were seeing. This specifically states that it is for the UAQ on Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator, Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500.

I've updated my drive link to include the new 39.6 update file, but here's a shortcut:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WWHwKWemo15nLSx3oM0G7aToc_WtW4s2?usp=sharing

Fixes included:
  • Lost radio presets.
  • SXM favorite song not displaying/playing.
  • Radio display screen is black, intermittent.
  • Radio freeze intermittent.
  • Incorrect navigation address/location/directions.
  • Bluetooth pair or connection issue.
  • Radio channel change by itself.
  • SXM icon inoperative.
  • Backup camera has black display screen.
  • High pitch chime noise.
  • Contact list not loading.
  • Device not supported message.
  • Remote app inoperative.
  • Travel-Link fuel price incorrect.
  • Backup camera gridlines missing.
  • Unable to adjust volume.
  • Heavy Duty (HD)Truck USB HUB improvements.
  • HD Truck heated steering wheel improvements.
I tried to update this evening and it told me it was not compatible with my unit, but I definitely have the UAQ. Has anyone else performed this update successfully?

UPDATE: Current version I have loaded on there is 22.6.

Last edited:

TriadGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I tried to update this evening and it told me it was not compatible with my unit, but I definitely have the UAQ. Has anyone else performed this update successfully?

UPDATE: Current version I have loaded on there is 22.6.
I wasnt able to. Stops mid way

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have updated my UAQ to the 39.6 firmware with no issues. I did put the map pack from the 21.9 update in the google drive on the USB, not sure if it mattered or not but it was the same version I already had so it couldn't make anything worse. I'm happy to report the "device not supported" message is no longer popping up, and the heated wheel icon is back.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I wish I knew what I was doing wrong to have bricked two of these things now.

Last edited:

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears

TriBeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I wish I knew what I was doing wrong to have bricked two of these things now.
Flash drive formatted in fat32? Maybe try putting the maps folder on the flash drive as well as the software update folder. I think some people were having issues flashing without that

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Flash drive formatted in fat32? Maybe try putting the maps folder on the flash drive as well as the software update folder. I think some people were having issues flashing without that
Yes, Fat32, and both 16 and 32 gig drives. I’ve literally tried it all and can’t get past 30% on the install.

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have updated my UAQ to the 39.6 firmware with no issues. I did put the map pack from the 21.9 update in the google drive on the USB, not sure if it mattered or not but it was the same version I already had so it couldn't make anything worse. I'm happy to report the "device not supported" message is no longer popping up, and the heated wheel icon is back.
Hot damn, I'm looking forward to doing this update to get rid of that device unsupported message. It's haunted me and kicks me in the crotch every key turn since April when I did my 8.4 conversion. The old lady will be glad it's gone too.

Earl