Adjustable Panhard Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed a 2.5" Icon lift on my 2016 Ram 1500 4wd. The alignment has already been completed.

I just did some reading on Panhard bars so I measured my truck. My diff has shifted approx 1/4 inch to the passenger side. With such a small amount of shift, is there any point ? Hindsight 20/20 I would have installed one before the alignment.

Thanks

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a small correction with mine like that. 1/4 is not that bad but if it bothers you make your adjustable panhard 1/8" longer and that should center your axel.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use an adjustable rear track bar . I have had a Freedom for over a year so far with no issue for the same reason . Cheap and better bushings than the OE bar has. If you are off road a lot go with a Core.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I just installed a 2.5" Icon lift on my 2016 Ram 1500 4wd. The alignment has already been completed.

I just did some reading on Panhard bars so I measured my truck. My diff has shifted approx 1/4 inch to the passenger side. With such a small amount of shift, is there any point ? Hindsight 20/20 I would have installed one before the alignment.

Thanks

Rob at Cutter-Up in Calgary used to make some killer suspension components for the trucks,my truck was his test mule ,but he's since quit making them,as there wasn't a big enough market to justify his time or costs in a busy machine shop. You can see his adjustable track bar,i ran his double adjustable locating arms for awhile,but ended up selling them to Kurtis Holland (Charonblk07 on here) when he broke his Spohn locating arms.One of Robs short locating arms,weighed more then all 4 of the stock locating arms did,and i went on a light weight kick,so the stock bars went back on in the interest of saving a bunch of weight,but i still have his adjustable panhard bar under the truck,lol.Ideally you want the panhard bar to run as level/ parallel as possible with the diff,so the bracket that sort of levels the bar out,might be your better option

IMG_3997.JPG

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Freedom offroad trackbar as well. It's got a double adjuster so it makes the job of centering the axle a breeze as there is no need to take it off the truck to do it. Regarding offroad my truck literally lives in the dirt and in 3 wheels so the FO trackbar does more than ok. it's been set and it and forget it. grab the factory trackbar in the middle and wiggle it. you'll be surprise how much of peiece of crap the stocker one is.

50654905122_93218be0e4_h.jpg2020-11-27_04-13-32 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info. I think I will order the Freedom. I like the idea of adjusting it on the fly. Best place to order in Alberta?, Amazon is out of them. Jay

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Thanks for the info. I think I will order the Freedom. I like the idea of adjusting it on the fly. Best place to order in Alberta?, Amazon is out of them. Jay

but yet it really should be a set it and forget it. Once you get it dialed in there shouldn't be a need for adjustments.

Also, FO doesn't have the product on their own site, and Amazon is not just OOS but doesn't know if/when it will be back in stock. Core makes an adjustable bar but it's ~$350.

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I've got the same ICON kit as you. I went with the Core 4x4 bar. I have no experience with any of the other bars, but the Core bar is extremely heavy and solid compared to stock.

I also plan on adding the Carli drop bracket eventually, to get the bar closer to parallel. If you are gonna swap out the bar, you might go ahead and do the drop bracket at the same time IMO.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the part directly from Freedom Offroad, it seems out of stock on most online retailers though.
https://www.freedomoffroadusa.com/fo-d1005-front-track-bar.html

But you have a bunch of other options asides from FO or the $350 Core ones. Damn.
any of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator rear trackbars will fit our 4th gen RAM 1500's.

i think @VelocityC6Z is running the Clayton ones. I've been thinking to remove FO ones (nothing wrong with them just my new year resolution as i just want Made in USA parts in my suspension and the FO ones doesn't match this criteria) and more likely i'll be getting the Clayton one since i have Clayton arms. I'll be buying today or tomorrow to make use the holiday discounts.

Metalcloack 7619
Evo Manufacturing EVO-3049B
Clayton Offroad COR-4510110
Icon IVD22068
Rockjock RJ-150400-105

These 3 are also options that will fit in the back of your truck but they're not made in USA
Rock Krawler RK07384
Rubicon Express RE1676
Skyjacker JTGRTBA20

I'm sure there will be more out there, again any 2020 Jeep Gladiator rear tracbar should fit in our trucks as the arms are borrwed from our trucks, the aftermarket took on those to make better/stonger.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do have the Clayton one. All Clayton under there except the hellwig sway and core end links. No complaints here. About to put it to the test when I can travel outside 100 miles, due to all the covid restrictions on military in the region.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have the Clayton one. All Clayton under there except the hellwig sway and core end links. No complaints here. About to put it to the test when I can travel outside 100 miles, due to all the covid restrictions on military in the region.

I just ordered my Clayton Trackbar just now so i'll have the FO one in the for sale section once i get it. It'll be broken-in and set for 1-1.5" rear lift , plug and play :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered my Clayton Trackbar just now so i'll have the FO one in the for sale section once i get it. It'll be broken-in and set for 1-1.5" rear lift , plug and play :)

How long before yours is shippable? A core is probably more then I need so a FO is good enough. A core is 500 cdn to my door from Amazon, seems excessive.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long before yours is shippable? A core is probably more then I need so a FO is good enough. A core is 500 cdn to my door from Amazon, seems excessive.
Hopefully a week or so. Send me a pm and I'll let you know once I get the new one in.

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installing a new rear track bar will not alter the alignment anyway.

You are correct, I double checked with the alignment tech and he said it should not effect alignment. What I really meant is I should have installed it when I did the lift and before the alignment, its my ocd talking lol

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully a week or so. Send me a pm and I'll let you know once I get the new one in.

Thanks, got it. You must have huge biceps, it took everything I had to crack the adjuster nuts lol. I would have preferred to put the adjuster on the passenger side (for clearance) but then the sticker would have been up side down. I thought maybe if I bottomed out it could hit the diff cover, but maybe not. In any case... the diff is perfectly centered now ;o)

IMG_4189.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, got it. You must have huge biceps, it took everything I had to crack the adjuster nuts lol. I would have preferred to put the adjuster on the passenger side (for clearance) but then the sticker would have been up side down. I thought maybe if I bottomed out it could hit the diff cover, but maybe not. In any case... the diff is perfectly centered now ;o)

View attachment 231505
Awesome it came out great.
And yes I tend to go a little heavy on those jam nuts though I wish my guns were bigger lol. they're just decent :)