Adjustable Rear Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HStone33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I installed a 4” superlift lift kit combined with 5100s about a month or two ago. I noticed when installing that the coil springs for the rear were actually from the 6” inch kit. I called and verified that that was true but I didn’t mind because with the Bilsteins set at 2.1 it was more level with the added spring height. I also tow a lot for work so the extra rear height wasn’t bad. Long story long, my question is, since the 4” kit doesn’t have a drop bracket for the rear control arms, should I invest into some adjustable ones or is it not that big of a deal? It’s definitely more stiff in the rear but I have no clue what the rear of this truck should feel like lifted vs past lifted vehicles I’ve owned (Nissan, ford).

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I replaced my rear arms once they started wearing out with Core 4x4 5 link system.

Upper rear, lower rear and panhard bar.

It definitely gives you the ability to center the axle. I recommend replacing the rears once the stock units wear out.

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced my rear arms once they started wearing out with Core 4x4 5 link system.

Upper rear, lower rear and panhard bar.

It definitely gives you the ability to center the axle. I recommend replacing the rears once the stock units wear out.

I have a full set waiting to be installed, and I've wondered why I bought the rear control arm set, lol. It was mainly just to have a complete set of adjustable arms, panhard bar and rear links. You mentioned centering the axle. Do you mean fore/aft centering or side to side? Thinking about it now, when you lift the truck, you would need longer control arms to keep the axle centered fore/aft and also keep the spring seats in the same orientation they're supposed to be. Or, am I over thinking the axle position? I haven't done any lifts or suspension stuff before.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I have a full set waiting to be installed, and I've wondered why I bought the rear control arm set, lol. It was mainly just to have a complete set of adjustable arms, panhard bar and rear links. You mentioned centering the axle. Do you mean fore/aft centering or side to side? Thinking about it now, when you lift the truck, you would need longer control arms to keep the axle centered fore/aft and also keep the spring seats in the same orientation they're supposed to be. Or, am I over thinking the axle position? I haven't done any lifts or suspension stuff before.

You are correct in the thought process. No two trucks will be the same lifted. The 5 link let's you center all of the above. Left to right on the axle and driver side/passenger side forwards/backwards. The arms are beasts. You will be adding weight to the truck on this install

There are other benefits as well with the big one being it eliminates wheel hop. That alone will save your rear axle from failure. You want the lift springs to be as near perfect in alignment when installing them on the axle. I can't say anything bad about them. They are quality product made in the USA :D:D. My other half will ***** about them being expensive :33: and one other guy gets up tight about the Johnny Joints not being sealed. :dogpile::dogpile:

I live in the Az now so snow usually isn't an issue.

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are correct in the thought process. No two trucks will be the same lifted. The 5 link let's you center all of the above. Left to right on the axle and driver side/passenger side forwards/backwards. The arms are beasts. You will be adding weight to the truck on this install

There are other benefits as well with the big one being it eliminates wheel hop. That alone will save your rear axle from failure. You want the lift springs to be as near perfect in alignment when installing them on the axle. I can't say anything bad about them. They are quality product made in the USA :D:D. My other half will ***** about them being expensive :33: and one other guy gets up tight about the Johnny Joints not being sealed. :dogpile::dogpile:

Yeah, I wondered how much additional weight. The boxes have some heft to them, lol. I think the Johnny Joints will probably be fine. That guy lives up in the NE and has to deal with salted roads and stuff. Still, I think they'll be fine for the regular type of driving that I mostly do.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed a 4” superlift lift kit combined with 5100s about a month or two ago. I noticed when installing that the coil springs for the rear were actually from the 6” inch kit. I called and verified that that was true but I didn’t mind because with the Bilsteins set at 2.1 it was more level with the added spring height. I also tow a lot for work so the extra rear height wasn’t bad. Long story long, my question is, since the 4” kit doesn’t have a drop bracket for the rear control arms, should I invest into some adjustable ones or is it not that big of a deal? It’s definitely more stiff in the rear but I have no clue what the rear of this truck should feel like lifted vs past lifted vehicles I’ve owned (Nissan, ford).

Superlift includes control arm relocation brackets with their 6" kit. It used to be included with their 4" kit but they stopped including it.

sl.JPG

ED21EAC9-60BB-461C-A71F-381A6A9683F8.jpeg

Thinking about it now, when you lift the truck, you would need longer control arms to keep the axle centered fore/aft and also keep the spring seats in the same orientation they're supposed to be

Most lift companies include some form of rear control arm and panhard bar relocation brackets so you can use the stock components, therefore most members here set the Core4x4 arms/panhard to stock length.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good info in here, very knowledgeable and helpful members to the rescue

Let us know if we can help you track down some parts. We offer Core 4x4 and highly recommend their products.

OP
OP
HStone33

HStone33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Superlift includes control arm relocation brackets with their 6" kit. It used to be included with their 4" kit but they stopped including it.

View attachment 176442

View attachment 176444

Most lift companies include some form of rear control arm and panhard bar relocation brackets so you can use the stock components, therefore most members here set the Core4x4 arms/panhard to stock length.

You guys are all super helpful! I have the panhard bar relocation bracket that came with the 4in kit, therefore my axle seems to be pretty centered when I look at it from behind. I compared it to my Dad’s truck which is a 2004 Ram 2500 and I could see how off his was. But I’ll probably invest in some adjustable ones once the stocks wear out. It definitely seems like without the drop brackets for the arms that the rear axle is slid forward toward the cab some more. This forum has helped me out a ton with many different topics, thank you guys!

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d hit up Superlift to see if you can get the relocation brackets.

Like JB1 stated, they use to supply them with the 4” kits, mine has them, not sure why they made that change, probably bean counters when the company was bought out a while back.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I’d hit up Superlift to see if you can get the relocation brackets.

Like JB1 stated, they use to supply them with the 4” kits, mine has them, not sure why they made that change, probably bean counters when the company was bought out a while back.

Nick@gotexhaust hooked me up with a procomp rear drop bracket kit. I still need to get mine installed. When I switched to core 4x4 arms I called it good for now. :D

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

If you live in an area that has snow, and you are driving in it, trucks drop SALT on the road, to melt the ice. Snow melts, and the salty slushy snow will bind up if not greased every week.
CAT skid loaders "Recommend" greasing their johhny joints EVERY day.
You ask why...and the answer is the dirt gets in joints and were them out.
I'm not saying johhny joints are bad...what adj rear control arm you buy, should be decided on the environment you live in.
SPC X-Axis flex joints used in Grunt Fab arms, do not require ANY greasing because they are sealed. Maintenance free, and TIG welded by a disabled combat vet in the USA.

CORE 4X4 uses a pot metal adjuster nut. Pot metal is the lowest grade of steel, and will crack if you hit it with a hammer. Grunt Fab uses a stainless adjuster nut.
Plus, SPC joints flex more than Johhny joints:hands:

20190607_183939.jpg

20190607_183832.jpg

Last edited:

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
If you live in an area that has snow, and you are driving in it, trucks drop SALT on the road, to melt the ice. Snow melts, and the salty slushy snow will bind up if not greased every week.
CAT skid loaders "Recommend" greasing their johhny joints EVERY day.
You ask why...and the answer is the dirt gets in joints and were them out.
I'm not saying johhny joints are bad...what adj rear control arm you buy, should be decided on the environment you live in.
SPC X-Axis flex joints used in Grunt Fab arms, do not require ANY greasing because they are sealed. Maintenance free, and TIG welded by a disabled combat vet in the USA.

CORE 4X4 uses a pot metal adjuster nut. Pot metal is the lowest grade of steel, and will crack if you hit it with a hammer. Grunt Fab uses a stainless adjuster nut.
Plus, SPC joints flex more than Johhny joints:hands:

View attachment 177229

View attachment 177230

I apologize. :)
I was just having a little fun. :favorites37:
We all know your points on the subject :argue:

Was a little disappointed it took this long for you to find it. :favorites37::favorites37::favorites37:

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I apologize. :)
I was just having a little fun. :favorites37:
We all know your points on the subject :argue:

Was a little disappointed it took this long for you to find it. :favorites37::favorites37::favorites37:
No problem man. It also gave me an opportunity to explain all the points of my arms, and coating process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam