Advice for Replacement Tires for 5th Gen Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
In my opinion the Nokian Hakkapeliitta especially studded are the best snow tires,
I've had several sets over the years.
That said those super wide low profile tires will not do good in snow, so good luck.
I have the 18" rims and my stock tires are to wide also.
I have been looking for a narrower tire for the winter and Nokian doesn't have them,
I'm considering 255/70r18's for the winter

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'll add a bit more confusion to the mix....(you were warned earlier about tire opinions, lol). I've run BFG KO2's in E load-rating - while they were good for a need I had, the E's added considerable weight and I noticed a drop in MPG (I don't pay attention to MPG that much and didn't really care about the specific number). On my 2019 I went with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W (6 ply XL rating). I went through a few heavy-snowfall winters and some trips up to Killington, VT and am happy with them. They ride pretty nice as well and not too heavy to notice a considerable drop in MPG (but again, I don't pay attention much). Definitely a smoother ride than the KO2's and much better performance than the stock Nexans.

PJ Snyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, new to the forum and looking for advice on replacement tires in my 2021 Ram Longhorn Limited. Stock tires are Goodyear Eagle touring tires, 285/45/22. I went through one winter with these tires and vowed to replace them before the next winter. They are probably great tires for warmer climates. However, I live in Massachusetts and need something that does better in snowy winter condition. Does anyone have recommendations on new tires? I want to keep the same size, and I am not looking for a tire with a heavy aggressive tread. I drive mainly highway and some dirt roads... no off road. Looking for something that performs well in all seasons and will perform well in New England winters. Thanks!
I have used B.F Goodrich All Terrain for over 30 years. They handle great on all road conditions including winter driving. I live in Michigan so we see snow and ice through the winter season.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
I bought a set of 20" takeoff wheels and put LTX's on them. I put away the 22" tires and wheels. A lot better ride and I think a better sidewall. Just my 2 cents worth.

OP
OP
S

Sully1960

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e Tourque
I see a lot of recommendations for Michelin LTX. What load index on the Michelin LTX being recommended? I have a 2021 Ram w/22" wheels. The load index on the original tires is 114. All I can find is tires with a 110 load index. I have been told I should not got down to a 110 to a 114. Thoughts? Comments?