Aftermarket radio wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Hey all, finally got around to fixing the rats nest in my truck today so the radio works. Got power to the head unit and the subs but not the door speakers or tweeters. I have the infinity system, I have one blue wire that doesn’t seem to have a home. Here’s a cruddy picture of the wiring, maybe someone can tell me where it goes? I’d like to have all speakers working!

7D1FEBA6-5DFB-48D4-8BD1-A8BF58CCC270.jpeg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, finally got around to fixing the rats nest in my truck today so the radio works. Got power to the head unit and the subs but not the door speakers or tweeters. I have the infinity system, I have one blue wire that doesn’t seem to have a home. Here’s a cruddy picture of the wiring, maybe someone can tell me where it goes? I’d like to have all speakers working!

View attachment 123122

What year-model truck you got? You can probly do a quick search in google and go to Schoche’s website and they might even have a PDF download of the instruction book for a wiring harness adapter for your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
What year-model truck you got? You can probly do a quick search in google and go to Schoche’s website and they might even have a PDF download of the instruction book for a wiring harness adapter for your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2001 ram 1500 quad cab. I went to Best Buy and the guy printed me out some pages of wiring. So far it seems like I’m putting everything to stock so I can work forward again and fix what the previous owner destroyed.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The blue wire needs to connect to the remote antenna connection on the radio, or otherwise just connect it to any ignition switched power source. That is the radio choke relay. It provides power to the amps in the door speakers, without it you won't get any sound.