Air Bag Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Duster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do not be surprised if you take your truck into the dealer for the airbag recall and they only do a inspection. I have been getting notices in the mail and phone call's over this airbag issue. Phone call's as many as three a week. Set up a appointment at the nearest dealer. Took it in yesterday, was told it would take four hours to repair/ replace. This is after I had called the dealer over 2 months ago and was told they had parts to fix one side but not the other and would order needed parts. They will call when the parts come in. Last week I gave up waiting on that call and called them. Parts are in they say. Dropped the truck off yesterday morning. Never got a call it was ready after 8 hours so I drove back the 45 miles. Was told after I got there all they did was a inspection not a replace or repair. They had ran the VIN number but never said anything about a inspection. Needless to say I will no longer do business with this dealer. They cost me a 1/4 tank of gas and 6 hours of my time for nothing that they should have known.

Told the service manager I hope the phone call's stop. She said it may take a couple months.

And do not trust your paint and interior color codes. I was told my interior was Taupe when it is Two Tone Grey. I was looking for paint to match part of the dash I replaced.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T-Duster

T-Duster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny as it may sound I got another one of those phone calls yesterday. I told the gal that called I had just took my truck in the day before and about the inspection deal. She had never heard of such a thing. Ask what dealer I took it to, she made a call to that dealer and was told the airbag inflator in it was not made by Takata so no replace or repair was needed
1/4 tank of gas and 90 miles put on my truck and hours taken out of my day for nothing.

HemiDrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I get the notices every now and then and phone calls, but just havnt had the time to waste at the dealership to get it looked at.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do not be surprised if you take your truck into the dealer for the airbag recall and they only do a inspection. I have been getting notices in the mail and phone call's over this airbag issue. Phone call's as many as three a week. Set up a appointment at the nearest dealer. Took it in yesterday, was told it would take four hours to repair/ replace. This is after I had called the dealer over 2 months ago and was told they had parts to fix one side but not the other and would order needed parts. They will call when the parts come in. Last week I gave up waiting on that call and called them. Parts are in they say. Dropped the truck off yesterday morning. Never got a call it was ready after 8 hours so I drove back the 45 miles. Was told after I got there all they did was a inspection not a replace or repair. They had ran the VIN number but never said anything about a inspection. Needless to say I will no longer do business with this dealer. They cost me a 1/4 tank of gas and 6 hours of my time for nothing that they should have known.

Told the service manager I hope the phone call's stop. She said it may take a couple months.

And do not trust your paint and interior color codes. I was told my interior was Taupe when it is Two Tone Grey. I was looking for paint to match part of the dash I replaced.
I got a message about airbag recall shortly after purchasing my '07 in September of 2019. Went to local dealer here in Independence MO and they set me up an appt just a few days out; only took about 1/2 hr if I remember correctly, and I was out the door with the job accomplished.

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^ I had mine done 2 years ago and then, about a month later, I had to replace one of the front airbag sensors. After that much time I just chalked it up to coincidence.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990