Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T_Why

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking to buy
Engine
hemi
I have a 1500 ram i was wondering like most cars and trucks did anyone else's truck come with a red light or any kind of light showing the alarm is set.....im going to get a viper put on this weekend i was just wondering if i had one and it out or ram dont come with one.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've never seen that on a Ram.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Rams don't usually come with anything like a Viper
The dealership puts on a security device, but that is just for them while the truck is sitting on the lot or being test driven

I thought about having something like a Viper installed, but when the salesman said that i would have to carry both the Rams FOB & another FOB just for the Viper device, i decided against it.

That stores manager told me that they sell 1 device that is programmed into your Ram & uses the Ram FOB only.
I didn't have time to find out more, my Ram was in the Tire Shop next door and they had just pulled it out of the bay.

If your Ram is 2013 & up, it should have an Engine Disabiler already

OP
OP
T

T_Why

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking to buy
Engine
hemi
I have a 1500 ram i was wondering like most cars and trucks did anyone else's truck come with a red light or any kind of light showing the alarm is set.....im going to get a viper put on this weekend i was just wondering if i had one and it out or ram dont come with one.

I was more so asking did our trucks have a indicator light that shows the truck has been locked . Like a deterrent . Most cars have a red or blue light led . I know when i get the after market one it has one . I really just want shock and tilting features. Here where i live they undo the linkage push or pull it away then break in ..most of the time it for the wheels or 5.7 motor.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If im not mistaken this is a setting one can activate with alpha obd. Search in youtube for ram 1500 factory alarm. I believe one of the members here explains it, Big daddys house or something like that.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was more so asking did our trucks have a indicator light that shows the truck has been locked . Like a deterrent . Most cars have a red or blue light led . I know when i get the after market one it has one . I really just want shock and tilting features. Here where i live they undo the linkage push or pull it away then break in ..most of the time it for the wheels or 5.7 motor.

Yes, if you activate the factory alarm there is a red blinking light in the speedometer. As stated you can activate the factory alarm with the Alfa tool. It is in the BCM of every truck and just needs to be turned on. If you don't have remote start you would need to upgrade your hood latch to the factory wired hood latch in order for the alarm to go off if the hood is opened. This is a pretty common upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

T_Why

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking to buy
Engine
hemi
Yes, if you activate the factory alarm there is a red blinking light in the speedometer. As stated you can activate the factory alarm with the Alfa tool. It is in the BCM of every truck and just needs to be turned on. If you don't have remote start you would need to upgrade your hood latch to the factory wired hood latch in order for the alarm to go off if the hood is opened. This is a pretty common upgrade.

I do have remote start. If i open the hood it shows on the dash. But when i set the alarm i can't tell no red lights no kind of indication that the truck is armed. Thats all i thought it was kinda wired that the would put an alarm on the truck and nothing that would let a thieves they should think twice.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have remote start. If i open the hood it shows on the dash. But when i set the alarm i can't tell no red lights no kind of indication that the truck is armed. Thats all i thought it was kinda wired that the would put an alarm on the truck and nothing that would let a thieves they should think twice.

It means your truck does not have the alarm enabled if the red light doesn't blink on and off or the "notification" light is not enabled in your BCM. Roll down your window and lock your door with the fob or the door switch. Wait a couple of minutes and reach in and open the door. If the alarm goes off it means that it's activated but the notification light is not. If the alarm doesn't go off that means it's not enabled. You can easily enable the alarm and the notification light with the Alfa OBD. The instructions are in the first post of the Alfa OBD thread under known working codes.

OP
OP
T

T_Why

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking to buy
Engine
hemi
It means your truck does not have the alarm enabled if the red light doesn't blink on and off or the "notification" light is not enabled in your BCM. Roll down your window and lock your door with the fob or the door switch. Wait a couple of minutes and reach in and open the door. If the alarm goes off it means that it's activated but the notification light is not. If the alarm doesn't go off that means it's not enabled. You can easily enable the alarm and the notification light with the Alfa OBD. The instructions are in the first post of the Alfa OBD thread under known working codes.

Thanks ill try that

OP
OP
T

T_Why

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking to buy
Engine
hemi

I was also wondering if have anyone has put an aftermarket alarm on their truck,whats a good one. Do the auto start from the factory get messed up or do the new alarm take over . I never had to think so hard about this. But this RAM seem to be a freaking robot so i don't want no issues later.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The factory alarm doesn't have an impact sensor, just goes off if the doors are opened. If you have the factory alarm enabled, you can add a shock sensor:
Megatronix UPS Add-On Shock Sensor To Factory OEM Car Alarm Security Systems
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VHG3BA/

Cman2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7 HO Turbo
Do you think this would work on a new 22 Ram 3500?