Alfa Obd Can't Backup Default Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys. Just purchased a Vlinker Obd tool and I'm using the AlfaOBD app to try and get rid of some taillight out warnings, and other things. Before I make any changes I want to backup my original settings as advised to do on this forum. I followed the directions to do so word for word, but my output file only lists faults, which are all of the light out warnings that I'm trying to get rid of, and a humidity sensor code. I'm not seeing any of the body computer settings.

Has anybody experienced this or made the same mistake I might be making?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928_002130_Docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928_002130_Docs.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
M

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I figured out the issue and wanted to come back here to report just in case anybody else experiences this issue. You have to go to the Body Computer, select your control unit (mine was MY2014), and then connect to the Body Computer. Once connected click on the battery symbol at the bottom, and you should have two options, Read System Status, and Read System ID. I clicked on read system status and it showed me the status of all of the options. Only after I read system status was I able see my system status when I exported my faults and status to my Google Drive.