AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I honestly don't believe so but I cannot say with 100% certainty. All of those are located in the BCM and with the drop down menu there are clear listings as low as 2013. However, I know a 2012 connected successfully but his functionality is different. Maybe he will chime in and lend some advice. I do know the BCM when connecting to Alfa will determine the year of the vehicle and connect to it accordingly.

All of the things i added to my truck were available my year. So I should be able to add those sales codes. (Crossing fingers)

Last edited:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone adjusted the low fuel warning? I think my truck currently has a 6+ gallon "reserve".

formulavette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just used Alfaobd to change my tire size and it worked great. Has anyone figured out a better way to get the 4 pin key than the dealership to adjust the tpms, my local dealer is usually pretty bad about those kinds of things.

Also, has anyone used it to adjust the settings in the air ride, I have a 2017 Rebel, and a lot of people are getting the dealer to level it using the witech tool.

randotx

Reaction score
Glad I revisited this thread. Found out why my ac and heat wasn’t the same since the radio upgrade. Now just got to order the updated HVAC module.

Anyone else notice since the UAS/UAQ swap that the passenger front dash speaker and passenger door speaker no longer work? Or is it just mine??

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm curious about this too Larry.

ALFAOBD would only let you do that if it was an option in the factory coding, it can't create new options only use what exists in the factory settings. So if all the trucks have the same settings for that, then basically no.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
@2010 Infantry Vet See this post, so maybe there is hope. @jawzs2 was successful in accomplishing some of your list.

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1849920/

@2010 Infantry Vet So far I haven't had any issues using on my 2010 or my son's 2012, granted I haven't gone wild and changed everything I see, but I added the heated and ventilated seats and fog light dropout on mine, and added the steering wheel controls and uConnect to my sons'. I'm currently looking for a set of tow mirrors with the turn\puddle lights for him, if I get a set installed before July I'll let you know how it works out.

TunedUpDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Alpha fixed something for me. I had an issue start a few weeks ago that my drivers side heat would not get hot. Luke warm at best. I went into the hvac cm and did a calibration test. It tested all the flapper doors and also the right and left temp sensors. It showed that everything passed. So I fired it up and went for a drive. low and behold, drivers side heats up like it should again. I was not looking forward to pulling the dash. Might be worth a try if someone is having a similar issue.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Alpha fixed something for me. I had an issue start a few weeks ago that my drivers side heat would not get hot. Luke warm at best. I went into the hvac cm and did a calibration test. It tested all the flapper doors and also the right and left temp sensors. It showed that everything passed. So I fired it up and went for a drive. low and behold, drivers side heats up like it should again. I was not looking forward to pulling the dash. Might be worth a try if someone is having a similar issue.

lol what, there was like a 75+ page thread about a owner pursuing lemon law since his heated seats didnt stay on long enough, ultimately his lemon law was thrown out but interesting alfa has a way to calibrate and check the sensors on these heated seats.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol what, there was like a 75+ page thread about a owner pursuing lemon law since his heated seats didnt stay on long enough, ultimately his lemon law was thrown out but interesting alfa has a way to calibrate and check the sensors on these heated seats.

He wasnt talking about the seats (I thought so too, at first). Just the drivers side heat in general...probably a blend door issue and apparently the calibration procedure fixed it.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone adjusted the low fuel warning? I think my truck currently has a 6+ gallon "reserve".
I have adjusted the levels with Alfa but have yet to burn through a tank to see if the setting actually made any real changes. About to top off tomorrow sometime, that should give me an idea if my settings changes actually worked.

Larry D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well from what I can tell I won't be able to change the cooling fan parameters with AlfaOBD. If anybody hears any different let me know.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally went back and changed my DRL to "dedicated" on my Laramie. The "dedicated" is not as bright as the turn signal settings. That should help preserve the life of the LEDS. I missed this setting though:
  • LED Dedicated DRL Present: Not set
I will go fix that tomorrow as I could see some flickering in the LEDs from the PWM driver.

On another note, I saw that I missed the license plate LED setting and I could see the bulb flicker on camera. Setting it to LED got rid of the flicker.

So a little more confirmation that one of the things that the LED settings changes is a constant output instead of a PWM output.

This has me thinking. Could I get the Diode Dynamics LED boards and wire them up to use the "dedicated" drl output for the white LEDs? Might need to email them and ask some questions as this would be an awesome way to get the white LED DRLs without having to wire in extra modules to do it. And the other question would be if the dedicated DRL circuit is used to drive the turn signals when the lights are on to dim them as that would change whether this would be feasible as I would still want the lights to be amber at night.

Last edited:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have adjusted the levels with Alfa but have yet to burn through a tank to see if the setting actually made any real changes. About to top off tomorrow sometime, that should give me an idea if my settings changes actually worked.

What was your factory setting and what did you change it to?

Okiestrong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Has anyone found a setting for the remote start shutdown timer. It runs for 15 mins, would be nice to extend that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was just going to ask the same thing. Ill hook up and take a look around, see what i can find.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What was your factory setting and what did you change it to?
default was 91%, changed to 98%. Think the low level was 8% and I dropped to whatever the minimum was; without looking I think it was 6%.

Edit: Just checked. Low level, I actually set at 2%.

Those settings changes I applied to both tanks 1 and 2; I think the general consensus is that tank 2 is for def. When I filled up this morning I was below the thin red line just above empty, pretty much hovering between the white line, and the thin red. Took almost 26 gallons to fill.

Last edited:

load97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

oldjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
I finally went back and changed my DRL to "dedicated" on my Laramie. The "dedicated" is not as bright as the turn signal settings. That should help preserve the life of the LEDS. I missed this setting though:
  • LED Dedicated DRL Present: Not set
I will go fix that tomorrow as I could see some flickering in the LEDs from the PWM driver.

On another note, I saw that I missed the license plate LED setting and I could see the bulb flicker on camera. Setting it to LED got rid of the flicker.

So a little more confirmation that one of the things that the LED settings changes is a constant output instead of a PWM output.

This has me thinking. Could I get the Diode Dynamics LED boards and wire them up to use the "dedicated" drl output for the white LEDs? Might need to email them and ask some questions as this would be an awesome way to get the white LED DRLs without having to wire in extra modules to do it. And the other question would be if the dedicated DRL circuit is used to drive the turn signals when the lights are on to dim them as that would change whether this would be feasible as I would still want the lights to be amber at night.
I need cliff notes of this, a lil confused, if i currently dont do this "swap/change" then my LEDS will burn out more easily? Because they are running higher voltage right - the ones for actual turn signal. And DRL is supposed to be a lower voltage?

I think someone else said the same thing, but another poster came up and said he tested the voltage and they were not the same or not as high as turn signal voltage or something???